BOWDOWN

Jump to: Board indexGamesUT2k4Leagues & Tournaments

BOWDOWN

Postby Steel » Fri May 29, 2015 3:36 pm

Big congrats to BOWDOWN for winning the first season of TAM on OwnedWell. Reflex did a standout job drafting a top 4 that not only had terrific aim, but also seemed to communicate/mesh better than any other team. Well played by Wacky as well, as they had to overcome a few obstacles with starter availability during their playoff run.
Recap of the finals can be found here:

I really appreciate the activity that came with this league. Over the past few years of UT2004, I had never seen people playing as much as I had seen over the passed 2 months. Never would I have imagined that pugs would get as high as 11 a day. However, we will be adding more gametypes to try and keep a sort of home base for the community. Clan arena is very fun and I strongly recommend some of you give it a try and compare your thoughts of it with TAM. Pending the progress of UT4 and ut99 leagues, I would like to do a day tourney of sorts. There will be more to come on that in the near future.

You all did a bang-up job making this event a success. The only bump in the road that we had was from a certain "Bluescreener", and that was something that was dealt with rather smoothly. I really hope that the dev players enjoyed themselves, as those were some of the more intense games to watch. The goal in that was to ensure that no one was left out, and I hope we were successful in that.

Special thanks goes out to the following people:
PACO - basically holding my hand throughout the whole process. I really had no idea what I was getting myself into.
reflex - essentially co-head admin. From setting up servers to dealing with anything else. I don't think it would have gone well not having you on the staff.
n0b/monk - Taking time out of your day to set up the stats and the website. Your work didn't go unappreciated.
buddy - Basically taking over a team when half of the team didn't show and fielding 4 for a match to avoid forfeits. And for keeping my stress level to minimum.
Much of the UT99 community - I know how stubborn you fucks can be, as I fall well into the category. Thank you for not only giving TAM a chance but also remaining pretty active in it.

I would love to have some feedback on what you guys thought of the season. What did/didn't you like? What could have been done differently? Do you have any new ideas or gametypes that could bring some collective activity? Reply or pm me and let me know.
Steel

Re: BOWDOWN

Postby Cookiemonster » Fri May 29, 2015 7:45 pm

Congrats to those guys. Good, solid players. Couldn't have asked for better teammates, kind of just winged it. Jinn was an entertaining and enjoyable captain. All you admins and ut99ers were great too, of course. Owned Well is cool as fuck.

- Are there serverside demos available somewhere? I would have liked to have access.
- CA with the better netcode - thumbs up
- One day tourney might be the only viable option with UT4 looming
Cookiemonster

Postby exixt » Fri May 29, 2015 8:14 pm

Even though I could only play a total of 3 rounds in the league, I'd like to say good job Steel ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) (for taking the initiative for a TAM league, etc)
exixt

Postby Killing » Sat May 30, 2015 2:37 am

Different name hype!
Killing

Postby csnafk » Sat May 30, 2015 2:30 pm

WHEN'S THE NEXT ONE?
csnafk

Postby toxikon » Sat May 30, 2015 5:41 pm

toxikon

Postby PACO » Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:13 am

YouTube mirror. GGs, good season. Grats to OTL for winning and Steel for managing his first league. Happy to have the 2k4 TAM guys on the site.. the feelings are mutual.
PACO

Postby Hinata » Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:20 am

Next one, double elimination ut2004 1v1? :)
Hinata

Return to Leagues & Tournaments