TAM.I Semifinal Recap

Jump to: Board indexGamesUT2k4Leagues & Tournaments

TAM.I Semifinal Recap

Postby PACO » Tue May 19, 2015 5:53 pm

Dear Ladies and Gentleboys,

I had the pleasure of casting the TAM semifinals last Sunday with csnafk. I put the footage on YouTube it and it will be archived for eternity. This is good news for some teams.. not so good for others.

Maps: Rankin, Campgrounds

The first matchup of the night was a showdown between LaG|RickJames and Jinn. Two 99ers who made the jump to 2k4 for the TAM league. The first brouhaha started immediately as The Horsemen had two players no-show and were forced to go deep into their bench to field a team. Originally Monk was slated to fill in but after Jinn selected Chicago, Monk opted not to play. The server selection process might need to be clarified or reconsidered in future seasons since competitive teams could try to screw over players via ping. On the flip side, some west coasters route terribly to the east coast and this just highlights how difficult it can be to run balanced and fair international matches.

The absence of Monk forced Ricky-Boy into the game and while many might have viewed this as a death sentence, Rick stepped up in a big way and won his team some rounds early on.. including a clutch 1v1. The Dark Horsemen started strong by rattling off the first few rounds on Rankin but the shoulders of cybz collapsed as the game progressed. On the other team, RoOkie had a strong performance and the combination of him and unit was too much for The Horsemen to overcome.

The Dark Horsemen lead the league with an impressive 25.50 points however after only 15 minutes, they had their backs against the wall and were on the brink of elimination. The Horsemen had some good news as ReNeGaDe decided to show up 30 minutes late... In a surprise substitution from Wacky, fzaba was taken off of the court and Jinn jumped in from the top ropes.

Campgrounds looked like it was going to be a much closer game however it completely slipped from The Horsemen's grasps as the later rounds were being played. cybz aka binny boy was once again a monster but his team was unable to match his fragging prowess. The substitution of Jinn was initially questioned but he stepped up huge for his team.

On map and match point, ski found himself in a 1v4 situation. He managed to get it down to a 1v1 with Jinn but was unable to seal the deal as his horsies broke their legs and had to be put down. GGs, fun match, better luck next time.

Rankin: http://www.ownedwell.com/2k4stats/match ... ?match=719
Campgrounds: http://www.ownedwell.com/2k4stats/match ... ?match=720

Maps: Campgrounds, Ages, Signify

The second matchup of the night was destined to be a classic as Steel went up against reflex. 10ASSCITY had some very strong performances throughout the regular season and looked like tournament contenders, despite the fact that they had to patch a hole in their team left by Mr. BSOD aka anarchy.

We finished on Campgrounds in the first match so it was only fitting that we would kick things off with it for the second one. The game was EXTREMELY close at the beginning with both teams trading rounds however OTL really started to pick up the pace as the rounds progressed. At the beginning of the match, reflex hyped Serenity up as the best player in the league. Serenity returned the favor by starting 0-9. The shaky start from Serenity (who was forced to play in CHI from the UK) coincided with the even score however the squirrel charmer got his groove on and finished the game with a 7-3 run. This was too much heat for 10ASSCITY to withstand and they dropped the first map. Shoutouts to reflex who went 17-7 while clutching for his team and some shoutouts also need to go Bryan's way for putting up a 16-9 scoreline and singlehandedly fending off some of the OTL charges.

The second map was Ages and this pick was from Steel. After a tough loss on Campgrounds, his team had a lot of work to do to stay in the tournament. reflex and Bryan continued their blistering paces and once again lead their teams in kills. The difference on Ages was that Steel decided to step his game up. While 13-8 is not an outstanding statline, it was enough for him and his team to force a map three. chubby and Velocity had a noticeable drop-off in performance while toxikon did his darnedest to keep it consistent.

The final map was Signify and it was the closest out of the bunch, finishing with a 10-7 scoreline. reflex once again stepped it up but this time it was nolja for 10ASSCITY who tried to will his team to victory. Nolja did immense amounts of damage and won a few rounds for his team but it wasn't enough to make a difference on the final outcome. Steel had an unimpressive 8-13 scoreline and was quick to disconnect from the server at the conclusion (HENCE WHY HE'S MISSING FROM MY SCREENSHOT!). While losing must be a disappointment for him and his team.. I am happy that he was able to continue the tradition of head admins not winning anything. reflex almost won an insane 4v1 but missed out on the highlight reel by a few HP. Overall it was a great game and a great series.

Campgrounds: http://www.ownedwell.com/2k4stats/match ... ?match=721
Ages: http://www.ownedwell.com/2k4stats/match ... ?match=722
Signify: http://www.ownedwell.com/2k4stats/match ... ?match=723

GGs and GL to Wacky and OTL in the finals this Sunday. We will once again be streaming the games at: www.twitch.tv/OwnedWell
PACO

Re: TAM.I Semifinal Recap

Postby Monk » Tue May 19, 2015 6:11 pm

Not about the +30 ping - I have terrible routing to that server and ping spike to 300 on it regularly - always sub out of pugs when they're on there. Infact I haven't had to play a pug or match there because every other game has been allowed to be NY when euros are playing, or the pugs move to a server I can play on. This just changed for the playoffs apparently. Jinn apparently knew this information - he admitted he picked the server because he knew I couldn't play there (even though I'm 7th man on my team). Questionable ethics but you do what it takes for the W as a captain.

[00:30] <@Random_Monk> Jinn
[00:30] <@Random_Monk> why are we playing on ip3
[00:30] <%Jinn> cuz im a jew

[00:42] <%Jinn> sounds like umad
[00:42] <%Jinn> because i dont give a fuck

Was a fun season overall though, thanks RJ + Steel and admin team.
Monk

Postby reflex » Tue May 19, 2015 6:40 pm

reflex

Postby Serenity » Wed May 20, 2015 11:42 am

Serenity

Postby csnafk » Wed May 20, 2015 12:38 pm

Great games fellas. Thanks again to PACO for letting me co-cast this and I can't wait till this Sunday to see the victors on the gridiron when we return :)
csnafk

Postby 9 Inches of Afro » Thu May 21, 2015 1:27 pm

Nice job on the cast, guys. :D
9 Inches of Afro

Postby aximon » Sun May 24, 2015 9:23 am

Demos pls
aximon

Postby Killing » Mon May 25, 2015 1:03 am

Killing