Best Attackers/Defenders/Fraggers/Teamplayers

Jump to: Board indexGamesUT99Leagues & Tournaments

Best Attackers/Defenders/Fraggers/Teamplayers

Postby unrealshots » Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:27 pm

So who is your favorite or best attackers/defenders/Fraggers/Teamplayers in UT99 and in what map or in what mod(You can just list whoever without the extras)?

It doesn't have to be the top 10 or top 20. It can be whoever you want or who you think is one of the best or best ever during their era the time that they played.

Below is my list and it will leave out some players it will be incomplete I will miss/forget certain players I apologize if I leave you out

Attackers

rain even though he can be a defender or attacker he can get the job done in both worlds very universal and will always be up in the cream of the crop.

Morpheus A lot of people do not see eye to eye with this midget tickler but you cannot underestimate greatness he will get the flag out against you. It's only a matter of time when/where and how. He can frag it up or sneak in and get out with the flag and make any play happen even if none of his teammates are their to cover him.

Sunny Very cunning in his approach he likes to either kill you nonstop while getting and running away with the flag or run out the base with the flag like a phantom and leave you dazed and confused. One of the all time greats.

Rummy Just like his brother sunny he is just as good It's hard to decide who is better I think it just depends on the mood/day. He can frustrate you so many different ways it's pathetic he has the fragging power to go with the running power to make him like a virtual train coming into and out of your base. Needless to say he will get out with the flag and make your whole team look bad.

Steel Another person who will dazzle you with his movement shortly after killing you repeatedly while backstrafing out of the base with ease like he was on a skates or just simply juking the shit out of you by the time you realized what way he went its too late you might as well reset and let both of your ankles heal up from the beating they just took.

Sonic Ape King himself he likes to punish people by pounding on them over and over again but he will also rage on you if you make a stupid play or call the wrong comms. But just like most apes he has a gentle side and likes to slip and slide on banana peels out of your base like you never played the game before the whole time you can see his hands up in the air laughing hysterically.

Cyrax In this guys prime he was a freak of nature and he constantly showed it with his offense prowess you did not want to stand between him and the flag you would lose that battle everytime. Even today he still has the moves like jagger and will make you pay for your mistakes.

InfamousRaider I wish this guy was more active because he was just a hurricane while walking into and out of peoples bases like it was his job to do so he would make even the best players look bad with some of his gameplay and shamefully I admit he has done this to me a few times a real heavyweight beast when he was playing.

Defenders-

Ravonix he is stealthy like a ninja but also a straight killer like a shogun his ability to frag and maintain his composure he is legit and constantly impresses people. He can hold the base down with anyone and so few players time and time again fly under the radar he is no joke and should be on anyone's list.

Serenity this guy can shoot you doing a 1080 trick shot while at the same time killing 4 other people in the base watching him play will make you sick because not only is it sickening to watch him spin around like a crackhead but he will blow your mind with some of the shots he is able to make. He is purely one of the unique styles and players we have.

Finalz Even though he's still 13 years of age( he is a absolute thorn to everyone's side this is one guy you will want to have as a defender if you want somebody to clean up the mess and cover at the same time he will be there like Houdini.

Blackout Indeed just like a blackout at any given time it can happen and he will annihilate you without question and vocally rape you with his deep voice mentally and physically he is one of those guys that just can make it happen for your team and lock down the base and push up and cover for you give him the right comms and he will not disappoint.

sn3p simply put this dude is beast and will make sure you do not enter his base he will crush you by the time you think about pulling the trigger he always puts up amazing numbers even if its an off day he will make it work and make you feel like a terd in a toilet wet stinky and useless.

Jyb Questionable rings into my ears putting jyb in this list but you almost have to even if the map isn't constantly duku he had great aim and his ability to be in a good covering/returing spot aswell as his communication was on point he was the real deal no matter what.

Dewsick (see fraggers)

rain (see attacker list)

Fraggers-

Hatchet this guy can tear through anyone like a hot knife going into butter with ease he is a force to be reckon with on ANY map or mod.

Vitrae Vitz is the definition of a monster he can pull out some bullshit and make it work regardless who he's playing against in ZP or newnet he is so methodical in his approach to gameplay its insane.

riven this guy will wow you with his thick eyebrows and slaughter you while being mesmerized by them he moves like a grandpa but hits like Mike Tyson. He seems to constantly fly under the radar with a lot of people and surprise them with his fragging ability.

Uenz You just can't have a list without this guy in it he is an amazing player and can do it all at any given time even if it means playing 10hours straight he will ask for more and keep coming... he is an animal and will always be on top of the food chain.

Dewsick It's like he is a balloon that constantly stays fully aired and is always above everyone else. He always seems to be at the top no matter what and is a fragging machine he is the tank to everyone's arsenal if you want people to die without question this guy is the man for the job.

paleface Magic is the only way to describe this guy when you aren't expecting much he just shows you he can pull an ace of spades out his sleeve's or Sing you to sleep while he decapitates your whole damn team. I had a hard time deciding where to put this guy he can very well be in fraggers/attackers/teamplayers but for now I'm going to leave him here.

InfamousRaider I feel like he belongs in this list because not only is he a running machine he is also a damn fragging machine he was constantly a threat to anyones throne.

Teamplayers-

ph34r I mean what more else is there to say.. its ph34r he is one of the best well rounded guys ever in the history of UT he could command a damn army of people and conquer any king or queen he has the aim and skill to back it up no matter the mod he will find you and he will kill you.

As stated above this list is/will be incomplete over time I will add players to it I will be adding more players to teamplayers list some players from the other lists deserve to be in the teamplayer list

·=GU II sDOM >3paco Finalist =· ·=GU saDM I Semi Finalist=· ·=GU I PBR Quarter Finalist=· ·=GU II roflnation Winner=· ·=GU III \\cG Semi Finalist=· ·=GU IV \\'. Finalist=· ·=GU V iB. Winner=· ·=OW I iCTF Finalist=·
unrealshots

Re: Best Attackers/Defenders/Fraggers/Teamplayers

Postby Hermione » Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:15 pm

Here is my list, can't think of anyone else...

Attackers:
Rain
Rummy
Sonic
Dewsick
Unrealshots

Defenders:
Serenity
Finalz
JYB
Dewsick
Hatchet
Riven
Unrealshots
Hermione
banned

Postby Sdaco|JrmY » Sat Aug 08, 2015 5:14 am

YA ALL FORGOT MOTHER FUCKER STEVEN THE GREAT
Sdaco|JrmY

Postby Hermione » Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:41 am

My boy Aus|Sdaco|JrmY
Hermione
banned

Postby riven » Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:23 am

riven

Postby PACO » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:47 pm

Amazing thread from unrealshots. I'm actually working on a full set of articles documenting the past few years and covering several topics and categories. Expect the first one to drop in early September as activity picks up again.
PACO

Postby RickJames » Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:40 pm

In my opinion, prime Morpheus was the best O player in iCTF in the last 5 years. People knew him mainly as a really lame player, but that's because he understood that that was the most effective strat. I've seen some demos of stacked league games on ec2 and orbital where he may only try to grab every few minutes or so, but every single time he did it was effective. Just a brilliant runner and he was able to do it with all the speed and cleverness of guys like rummy while hitting and fragging as well as slower players like riven or uenz. Just a master all around.

Best defender has to be Serenity, shouldn't even need to explain that one. He's known for godliking and raping top-tier O squads with consistency, but what seperates him from other mega-defenders like rain and shots is his ridiculously clutch pushing, cover, and offense ability. How many times have we seen him push to mid when down a cap and hit a multiple monster kill for the equalizer, or push O when his team is down multiple caps and equalize the score within a couple minutes? It's not something out of the ordinary for him, it's something we've come to expect at this point.

Pure cover O is a toss-up, but uenz definitely belongs in that discussion, along with dewsick (despite his reputation for choking so many times in the past). What's great about uenz is that he's extremely team-focused and will put a lot of effort into coordination and being in the right spot, as opposed to just dming mid or the enemy spawns at every opportunity. He can also put up serious pressure by himself if he needs to, especially on maps like command where he was arguably the most useful O player you could have. He didn't hit those 200+ frag counts on that map by dming and trying to impress, it was just a consequence of his aggressive style and the fact that he hit everything there in his prime.
RickJames

Postby PACO » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:31 pm

@Rick, Morph is up there. I don't think he deserves the #1 slot but he is certainly up there. Serenity is also up there but I think you have to give rain the nod as the top defensive player. uenz as a cover man is probably a bit off.. as a fragger he put up some numbers that no one came close to rivaling but I don't think he did enough to be mentioned as a front runner for best cover.
PACO

Postby RickJames » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:48 pm

Well of course there are gonna be different opinions, but I don't think I'm alone in those choices! I know ph34r, for example, would agree with uenz as best cover O and also with Serenity as best D. In fact he might agree with all 3 of those choices. Also, I'm going by players at their absolute peak. If we look at consistency, uenz declined after gu season II (his first season at gu) and morph declined after III. Those were the most stacked seasons, however.

As for D, having defended with everyone, I found serenity, shots, and snap all consistently easier to play with than rain, who is really solid but seemed to sometimes leak people on faster maps like klondike and command. With Sean it's often easy to get bored, even on maps like grudge and klond, because literally no one will get in his side for what seems like ages.
RickJames

Postby kud » Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:20 pm

team players (idk what that means):
kyle
cobra
morpheus
sens
kud
mp5
bug
humpty
blackout

rough
ImageImageImage
kud

Postby csnafk » Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:35 am

best sdom team all time:
ph34r
MP5
SunnY
csnafk
cafe
HULKSMASH
csnafk

Postby unrealshots » Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:56 am

Please keep on topic if you are gonna post about something else make your own thread e

·=GU II sDOM >3paco Finalist =· ·=GU saDM I Semi Finalist=· ·=GU I PBR Quarter Finalist=· ·=GU II roflnation Winner=· ·=GU III \\cG Semi Finalist=· ·=GU IV \\'. Finalist=· ·=GU V iB. Winner=· ·=OW I iCTF Finalist=·
unrealshots

Postby Deepack » Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:37 pm

*edited*
Last edited by Deepack on Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deepack

Postby RickJames » Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:49 pm

So this is how you got unbanned, sucking PACO's dick repeatedly. Fucking leave.
RickJames

Postby unrealshots » Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:16 pm

If Deepack wanted to make his own list about whoever then so be it RickJames how is that any different from what you do with the euro's?

Anyway glad to see people are making their own list and posting regardless of who's in it or how big the list is!

unrealshots

Postby Deepack » Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:24 pm

Deepack

Postby Lineage » Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:15 pm

Mine is of recently active players only to keep it simple. We could argue all day over who was better in 2004 (obviously it was me, made rum and the rest my bitches erryday) or who was the best before the rust settled in, or before newnet showed up, etc.

Attackers - Steel & Rummy ~ honorable mention: SNKYPOOOOOO (when he isn't hungover listening to bad EDM)

Defenders - Unrealshots & Rain ~ honorable mention: Blackout (when he's not hungover and concentrating on UT)

Fraggers - Serenity, Dewsick, ~ honorable mention: Sonic (when he skips leg day)

Jack of All Trades - Hatchet, Monk ~ honorable mention: IR (if he actually played for more than 10 minutes every 22* days)
Lineage

Postby Hermione » Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:34 pm

Hermione
banned

Postby PACO » Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:34 am

PACO

Postby kevinsan1ty » Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:18 am

aka biz<NeO>/bizmonkey

kevinsan1ty

Postby Lineage » Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:58 pm

It is a rare occasion to be sure but I have seen it with my own eyes and it is truly a sight to behold.
Lineage

Postby krm` » Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:28 pm

I would like to see this following team in action:

OFFENSE:
SNKYPOO
SONIC
STEEL

DEFENSE:
BLACKOUT
UNREALSHOTS

vs.

anyone.

Please stream. Thanks!
krm`

Postby Hermione » Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:24 pm

Would like to see anyone beat this team in 5v5 iCTF:
Serenity
Dewsick
Unrealshots
Rain
Hatchet
Hermione
banned

Postby miracle » Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:45 am

ryan(60acc) Ph34r (60 acc mode), gang2thabang hall0 gizmo

winning team :O
1 non cheater ftw lol <3 ryan :P
miracle

Postby miracle » Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:46 am

Ok ima reply honestly. My opinion is based on past teams in ALL of ut99. including MLIG and older times. I feel like their is a lot more to skill then shot alone(however that is a category for fraggers that will be included; these players are in diff categories for strong reasons and some of you may be surprised at the names you see but you would have to compete with the player to understand. And they are all based on the player in their prime state)

Offense:
BBZ> he is probably sitting at his computer like BULLSHIT miracle did not just compliment me. Yes, BBZ is by far one of the best runners as far as juking and tricking a team can go; He can make the smartest defenders feel like rage quit and uninstalling.
Acro>He may have had past times when hes gotten caught cheating, but just like bbz this guy puts the juke game to a new level.
Cyrax> Most of the newer players have never seen this guy when ut99 was in mlig days but this guy could make the 4 d strat crumble so much at that time; but no 144 hz
Lorenzo> TO DATE. he is my fav flag runner and probably top pick for a runner rusty or not rusty; You can rely on him to get a cap out when ever you need it. You can trust him to grab 40 grabs. You can trust him to go to the distance.
Silent> 1 of my fav flag runners who has gone off the radar, I miss this guy tbh he was one of the first ppl I actually looked up to in this community ;O
Monk> still 1 of the top for 10 years.. will his reign on offense ever end?
Teamwork:
Vitz: one of the best old players who is greatly missed
Xeno:He will continue to surprise ppl in every league as he goes off the radar and randomly shows up
Dewsick: lots of people try to figure out who is better serenity or dewsick, they are both better in their own way.
Pete: I didn't see mnk on anyones list, but this guy is the best teamwork oriented player in the game other then ph34r and a few others.
JYB: He may rage at times but he can concentrate even under the biggest stress and he does have great teamwork the only flaw is if he doesnt see eye to eye with his teammate
IR: He makes plays happen defense or offense
Monk: he deserves to be in multiple categories.
Paco: PACO IS ONE OF THE BEST TEAM PLAYERS TO PLAY WITH, HE WILL EITHER KEEP YOU ON YOUR HEELS AND FOCUSED AND IF YOUR LOOSING he will still keep u laughing and have hope.
Cyrax: dude is always a teamwork beast
Steel: THIS IS ONE PLAYER WHO WILL DO WHAT EVER HE NEEDS TO DO TO GIVE HIS TEAM THE WIN, STEEL DOES NOT enjoy D. But time and time again we have seen steel bring out the lockout d once in a while when his team is in a bind.
Defense:
Unrealshots: I HATE YOU, JK. He has turned into the top defender obviously, but even he can be surpassed when his internet is on the fritz
Ph34r: a lot of you have never seen ph34r play d; its something you never want to play against. By far lockdown
Ryan: heltah still deserves this list spot even with the old cheat stuff before he cheated he was still top defender to reckon
JYB: he is a great defender and helps keep you updated with every single lil detail in the base
Serenity: hes a great defender. I really don't like when I see him on O because its like OMG OMG YOUR TEAM IS LOOSING THE FLAG. lol

Best teamwork duos that will surprise some of you or not
BBZ phocion. CANT STOP WONT STOP
Aven and Dial. every cap in my season with these 2 no ts comms all u saw was them both covering each other coming into the base.
Heltah And unrusty miracle :O lockdown d
JYB and IR this duo is just killer
Serenity and Dewsick: this one was kind of obvious.
Csn+Miracle=Season ban for pretending to be idle and then showing up and raping

Ut99 has some of the best memories. I loved all these years with this community.
miracle

Postby csnafk » Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:08 pm

csnafk

Postby Morpheus » Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:46 pm

Good thread. But always unfair no matter how you put it.

Like it or not uniting the Europe community and the NA community was very positive in sharing skill. NA community overall was pretty inexperienced iCTF wise, and learnt a lot by introducing players that have been playing in teams for a long time in Clanbase. Personally i learn a lot of stuff with guys like sunny, jyb, rain, unrealshots etc. Mostly on maps i did not know, but also on maps i thought i have mastered.

Moving on, i'm going to say what was in my mind when i played this full time.

As RJ said i was known for being quite lame in official games, and that was because i believe that was the best way to win. First, it annoyed a lot of people and also because usually i did it really well, either way it was a win. One of the reasons i believed it worked was because i thought most players can't hold concentration, aren't experienced enough to deal with it, or simply because they would be so hugely overwhelmed by the fallbacking/laming they would become an inert component to the game. Not all players were like that, and those are the ones i would consider in my list.

Serenity - An absolute beast, that become even more insane after the GU iCTF Season II (120+hz). To me, the best defender i ever faced. Ever.
JYB - i thought he cheated at first, just a pure beast that can be turn the game around single handed.
rain - exclusively after season 2 (in my eyes), and probably is the best all around player ever since (120+hz). Knows how to watch and learn, and perfect it.
unrealshots - a defender who knows how to hold his position and adapt to situations, became even better after season 2 (120+hz)
vitrae - no words needed for the true portuguese power fragger really
hatchet - a funny guy that knows how the game is played
uenz - maybe the old uenz, but this guy was one of the few guys that could hit me 1 shot no matter where i defended in sprinta eheh
sunny - exclusively after season 2 (in my eyes). Probably is the best attacker after that.
kykas - one of the best attackers i ever seen, and the guy i derived everything you have seen from me :D
ph34r - a mind game menace 8-)

My sincere list. Of the top of my mind, these are the players that i consider since the Euro and NA mix. They could turn the game even if you lamed incredibly. Any could be considered #1 depending on the timing.

Peace out :!:
Morpheus

Postby Lineage » Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:17 pm

Thanks for stopping by Morph, you could have easily named yourself as well though. :D
Lineage

Postby InfamousRaider » Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:30 am

InfamousRaider

Postby Hinata » Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:28 pm

Attackers- Defenders- Fraggers-
bng
Hinata

Next

Return to Leagues & Tournaments