[saCTF.I] Match Week 4 Results Change

Jump to: Board indexGamesUT99Leagues & Tournaments

Re: [saCTF.I] Match Week 4 Results Change

Postby InfamousRaider » Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:23 am

If we did a shockCTF with piston/trans/powerups it would be smart to make the shock have to be picked up. Rick James is correct, one of the main reasons iCTF is so turtley is because you spawn with the insta kill weapon in your hand.
InfamousRaider

Postby Sdaco|JrmY » Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:29 am

Sdaco|JrmY

Postby Sauron » Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:29 am

Sauron

Postby kevinsan1ty » Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:00 am

Instagib is a great mod, but the game was made for weapons. Don't think there's much you can do at this point to eliminate turtling. It's the nature of every game of CTF ever, but since the game was made for weapons, it was much easier to counteract than it is in instagib.

WEEK 4 RESULTS CHANGE, AMIRITE?!?!
aka biz<NeO>/bizmonkey

kevinsan1ty

Postby flowX » Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:22 pm

If u cant beat a turtling team. U just dont deserve to win.

Stop whining. Pls...

we had like 20 seasons of zpictf on clanbase and the best teams end up in playoffs. Turtling never helped against it.
U just have to bring some teamplay
flowX

Postby Sauron » Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:30 pm

I should also add, lower team sizes with lower salary capswill better distribute the talent. Having, say, only 2 players above $1000 will make turtling less effective.
Sauron

Postby Cromaniac » Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:17 pm

Here is an idea.. many have said when there would be more captains, more teams would be made with diluted skill level of each. I think n number of captains can be gathered without much problem (could be wrong) but under condition that they are all same salary ;D and i dont know how that would affect the draft / could all teams be balanced and would draft give fair choices to each captain.

I leave those problems to whoever is into it xD Idea is: Somehow choose (like a little dm match or something) n number of captains out of 100$ players (could just work by asking them) and tell them, if they captain, they will be granted definite spot in main 5 player lineup throughout the entire league. I think, this or something of similar concept will solve the number of captains issue (because i'm sure there are many 100$ players out there that really want to play, but are denied every time). The rest, i didn't think much about :D
Cromaniac

Postby miracle » Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:54 am

cro. Im not going to go bash you to hard cus you have good intentions. Yes more captains = more teams -= more fairness.

WHY IS IT SO HARD TO GET PEOPLE TO BE AND WANT TO BE CAPTAINS???

honestly this was a problem for a long time. People used to only want to have captain and cocaptain seasons in mlig.

My viewpoint is, if your going to get low ranked players to captain. they all need to be designated a co-captain. and have him assigned to the team already.

Truth of the matter is; Captains takes a lot more then just picking a team. You have to know your players. Know their strongpoints and weak. Know what maps they are good at and what they are not. The reason Rain, ph34r. and others are good captains is not just because of their skill. But if rain can play good o on a map and he knows a player he picks can play d but not o on it. he will work around it. They know how to switch things around. They plan these things before draft day even happens. Granted you never get the perfect team you want. But hell you can come pretty damn close. Tigerclaw, hate to use u. But i applaud him for stepping up. but I mean his team he drafted really wasn't worth too much, and it wasn't all his fault; but he drafted players he didn't know too well or know their activity.

if you want to have low ranked captains then people need to have a knowledgeble cocaptain. I personally like %100 captains teamed up with the top 12 or what ever. and workout a team.
Also, Flowx you make the valid point, no one cared about turtling back in the old days. Your right. I never cared if a game went into overtime due to both teams being amazing and knowing teamwork will eventually crack it. This is an later age in ut, people aren't going to practice that teamwork aspect they used to. the last time i seen ppl actually use LEGIT teamwork was rains team against unrealshots in the finals.
miracle

Postby exixt » Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:08 am

TL;DR

because this thread needs to be locked

results change is fine

also, happy bday KEA
exixt

Postby Cromaniac » Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:17 am

Of course that i am expecting every other of 4 players to help the captain, that should be the least of the problems. If after playing the game for 15+ years, people cannot do that, that is just sad. It's not rocket science. Of course, though, some teams will fail at it, but that is not the issue of this concept.
Cromaniac

Postby Serenity » Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:24 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUDNroq1j9Q

I really like this music but my mum thinks I'm weird so I have to see a person who is meant to evaluate my mental health. All he's done is touch my cock. Please send help.
Serenity

Postby kevinsan1ty » Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:59 am

aka biz<NeO>/bizmonkey

kevinsan1ty

Postby Rum » Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:06 pm

I guess I'll add my .02 before thread gets locked or dies.

- I'll admit, the interest wasn't there for me but for someone who won the last saCTF season and not signing up kind looks bad. I think most people knew I was on the fence of signing up just because of my initial reactions(some guys here [especially flowX(yes I'm calling you out cause you're a sack of shit in this game, outside of it you're ok)] are fucking blind to how boring the "new"meta is ["if you can't handle turtling"]). This alone killed my interest in the game because I'm known for playing offense when I turn around and grab a flag and I see 5 people waiting for me. There's not much I can do but I can still bitch about it and say how the game is ruined.

-With the team situation, our team just wasn't committed. d3r had more pugs than my entire team combined (not saying this is a bad thing, but shows that we barely played). As to the match, Yes I screwed up, but don't sit there and say, "admins should be an example to the players", I never volunteered to admin this season because of the time constraints that I had this season(which is why I was on the fence of signing up this season). It may or may not have been my fault for not signing up as partial(was a bad decision on my part[ya'll fuckers peer pressured me but I love you all]).

- I would like to say the only game I really enjoyed was the game with blackouts team for the reason that even if we were up or they were up they didn't play like cunts. I still enjoyed the games that I played.

I probably will get a lot of hate coming with this but just remember, there are more scummy people than me :3. If I have a season ban coming my way, then let it come my way.
Rum

Postby krm` » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:41 pm

krm`

Postby KillEmAll » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:24 pm

Rum for Prez!!!
KillEmAll

Previous

Return to Leagues & Tournaments