[FACTIONS.I] Feedback Thread

Jump to: Board indexGamesUT99Leagues & Tournaments

[FACTIONS.I] Feedback Thread

Postby ulo » Mon May 25, 2015 1:41 pm

First of we hope you all had a good time during the first iCTF Factions.

We also want to say we are sorry about the delays, but hope you all could see we tried as hard as we could, while being under attack. Even with people trying to do what they can to mess up our fun we pulled off a nice tournament and great thanks to everyone who made it happen.

Now we want to hear your feedback on the event!
A few sample questions to ask yourself:
What did you think about the new way of making teams?
Was the event good as a one day event or do you want it to span more than one evening?
Was it good with single elimination and BO3 or would BO1 and double elimination be better?

Hit us with your thoughts!
ulo

Re: [FACTIONS.I] Feedback Thread

Postby massie » Mon May 25, 2015 1:43 pm

it was really cool enjoyed it but some of the maps were not ment to be on the list haha but ggs thanks everyone for helping/playing
massie

Postby ScReaM » Mon May 25, 2015 1:44 pm

i say realy fun :)
and realy good and hard work ulo and paco and the rest :)
ScReaM

Postby JINNZILLA » Mon May 25, 2015 1:45 pm

I think the tournament would have been perfect without the delays *sorry, obvious*, but i also think it would have been better as a double elimination. oh and just because you put an entrance in the stairs on duku, it still doesn't change the pace at all. get rid of duku and burn all copies in UT4 with fire. kthx
Image Image
JINNZILLA

Postby Beastz » Mon May 25, 2015 1:48 pm

We was really happy to finaly play some clan matches, it was awsome on the beggining a lot of fun on TS and everything was like before few years, but then trouble start for nM clan, they ddos first server and that was ok we restart game, but after that they start to ddos our players, and we was playing like for 7 mins without player (autopause was off, kanzi first timed out that was 2-3 mins, then after we notice that he is out , we was searching for 6th player to come to sub, wer fix that also but after that we get troubles with ACE and 6th player Faminka coudnt join , so we start to lose first map big time, this is not exuse and its not admins fault it was just fucked up for us and we lost motivation, but this was really nice try and we will support next cup if we fix this thing.

Awsome job guys :)
Last edited by Beastz on Mon May 25, 2015 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beastz

Postby MarKy » Mon May 25, 2015 1:50 pm

MarKy

Postby rev » Mon May 25, 2015 1:50 pm

I had fun..thank you to everyone who spent their time organizing and facilitating. The rankings could have been a bit more accurate and I still think there should have been a 6 pt tier. I also agree that some of the maps didn't belong in there. I think it's also apparent that the laming/heavy d is still very effective in ictf.
rev

Postby rain » Mon May 25, 2015 1:58 pm

I thought it was a very fun tournament, I enjoyed playing quite a bit!

Couple feedback tips that I would do to improve next time around:

1) Include more 14 point players, it's quite obvious that there were more players that stand out aside from Serenity and I. ie) Hatchet, Dewsick, Sonic

2) Include a 6 point category, while many teams were able to make strong teams just fine, the 14 point players could definitely use a well rounded 6 point area. I believe Serenity and I were lucky to have obtained 4 pt players that played higher than their ranking, otherwise we would have been quite disadvantaged.

3) Gauntlet + Duku are still terrible for IG, all the new maps apart from that were great.

4) Have a pre-assigned server schedule, IRC channel, admin schedule. I thought this was a clusterfuck, even though we had issues beyond our control, some of these little things could have been planned out beforehand and even saved a bit more time.

Thanks for putting this tourney together and I'm looking forward to the next one! Sniper updates coming tonight with the draft this coming Sunday!!
rain

Postby Sdaco|JrmY » Mon May 25, 2015 2:45 pm

Lewis won, remake plz :OWgrinsgasm:
Sdaco|JrmY

Postby Hermione » Mon May 25, 2015 3:06 pm

What did you think about the new way of making teams?
I think this is very flawed, if you did the competition, 100 times, dewsick and serenity and their team will win over 75% of the time. Stacking=gg

Was the event good as a one day event or do you want it to span more than one evening?
Should of been 2 days, some of the euros were saying it was getting late and i don't think they were fully prepared to stay up that late.

Was it good with single elimination and BO3 or would BO1 and double elimination be better?
Double elimination, and proper maps next time.
Hermione
banned

Postby Darkside » Mon May 25, 2015 4:12 pm

you're all nuts. besides the terrorist, everything about the tourny was great. the bracket, the map selection process, single elim, one day, salary cap - even the maps.
I even loved the on-the-fly OT rule: if you weren't there to watch, SMASH played 3-4 d for 20 minutes on duku vs aQ and after 5 minutes of OT, one player selected from each team left the server, making it 4v4. (3v3 after another 5mins, etc). It only took a few minutes at 4v4 for the map to end.

Only tweak i would make would be to make more tier 1, 14pt, players and add a 6pt tier. 42pt lineup cap would still be balanced i think.
Darkside

Postby Serenity » Mon May 25, 2015 5:11 pm

I do and don't agree with the removing of a player. When they removed a player and I knew Sonic was dead, I got to push up 3 attack, like usual when they didn't expect it and due to them not having that extra player to deal with not only Dewsick and Jinn, but myself too, we ended up getting a pretty simple cap. I know that's the aim, but it's unfair.
Serenity

Postby wndg » Mon May 25, 2015 6:23 pm

CollarDreams only map in the tourny not eligible for the finals, but gauntlet is in there, lol. And then people complain about the meta of other maps and act surprised by how things played out. Must suck when someone simultaneously validates all of their criticisms about the mod while knocking you out of the tournament.

The man clearly meant it when he said gg.
wndg

Postby PACO » Mon May 25, 2015 6:26 pm

PACO

Postby Monk » Mon May 25, 2015 6:42 pm

Teams like this was fine but not sure it would work in a longer format - the stuff about people switching sides would only be heightened.

I prefer BO3 to BO1 + double elim. The wait between games would be horrendous for upper bracket teams in Double elim - even with BO1.

Mass def is still king (it always will be)

New Gauntlet + New Duku are marginally better but are still just as unuseable in league games as Old versions were in 2003/2013 respectively.

OT Rule and enforcement was excellent. It was late already and forcing m3ss and grins to sit through another hour of duku would have been a war crime
Monk

Postby PACO » Mon May 25, 2015 6:44 pm

PACO

Postby PACO » Mon May 25, 2015 6:44 pm

PACO

Postby kevinsan1ty » Mon May 25, 2015 7:21 pm

Loved the format. I could see something like this working in a league, also, but with an even lower cap.

Player rankings could have been a little better, but overall I felt most people were in the right tiers. A couple of teams benefited from mismatched "salaries", but that's the case in every league.

Agree with everyone who says that Duku and Gauntlet should be euthanized. They're fine with rules that don't allow turtling, but once those rules are gone, they're completely unplayable.

Thanks to the admins for all their hard work. I had a blast.
aka biz<NeO>/bizmonkey

kevinsan1ty

Postby Sauron » Mon May 25, 2015 9:01 pm

I think the OT rule is a good start but not quite fair. It benefits teams that have higher priced players - their worst player is dropped vs teams who are more even skillwise, lose a better player. If it goes long enough it ends up a very uneven 1v1 or 2v2. Perhaps another time based method can be implemented that retains the entirety of team play (which IS CTF). Idea, increase game speed by 10% after every 5 minutes of OT.
Sauron

Postby Pun` » Tue May 26, 2015 7:19 pm

Great format. Loved it. Thanks to all involved. I really hope there is another!
Completely agree with everything Darkside said to be honest!
As for the mass D, mod coding i guess, but couldn't you have a system where players are designated a position (2 D 1 mid 2 O) and O have to move forward through the map which would be split into 4 zones. They have to progress to the next zone within a designated time frame or they die (maybe staying dead for longer periods depending on the amount of times they have been cited). Counter gets reset when they die but suicide doesn't count. Counter is stalled when flags are out.
I'm sure there's a thousand issues with this idea, but there must be some way of fixing the problem.
All three of the maps my team played, the 4/5 D tactic was employed when a lead was achieved. It didn't bother me too much, everyone knows it happens and expects it but it does lead to fairly boring games, both to play and to spectate/cast.
EDITED BY ADMINISTRATION.. NO NUDITY EVEN IF IT'S DRAWN. PLEASE AND THANKS.
Pun`

Postby miracle » Tue May 26, 2015 8:27 pm

I don't post much, but when I do it's usually something i feel strongly about.

This tournament was one of the best ideas the admin staff has come up with; it was a struggle that someone wanted to mess up the servers for such a small community but the admins did such a hella good job handling it, I can't thank the admins more for sticking thru it even when they only have like 4 admins sometimes for the matches but they pushed thru it.

The points, the points were fine, 42 was a good number and I don't believe serenity team was as stacked as hermiones post makes. You could stack any team honestly but serenity did pick some players that complimented his other players. I was thinking maybe we could like have differnt players at differnt rankings per position. Have like an NFL Draft with position things. Only able to draft 4 runners and 3 defenders... and how to categorize each player ect. 5 defenders on a team could be tough, 4 defenders and 1 really good runner ect. Position based rankings I don't have much thought into the idea but maybe paco could run with this idea

The over time idea WHAT A GREAT IDEA, ONE OF MY FAVORITE THINGS, IT MADE EVERYTHING INTERESTING, GIVES PEOPLE A REASON TO WANT TO WATCH OVERTIME, WHOS GOING TO GET KICKED NEXT OMG!!!!.

great season paco and ownedwell admins, thank you for letting me participate in this league and i had a blast even though matches lasted a lot longer then expected, but that happens
miracle

Return to Leagues & Tournaments