[sDOM.I] Results All★Star Match!

Jump to: Board indexGamesUT99Leagues & Tournaments

[sDOM.I] Results All★Star Match!

Postby HULKSMASH » Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:25 pm

Support OwnedWell with four clicks & stay up to date <3.

HULKSMASH

Re: [sDOM.I] Results All★Star Match!

Postby HULKSMASH » Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:37 pm

If anyone wants to write a short summary on each map, post highlights or how it was from their POV, just post them here and I'll add them! :)

Support OwnedWell with four clicks & stay up to date <3.

HULKSMASH

Postby Monk » Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:46 pm

Nitro summary:

Monk

Postby Viperzz^ » Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:33 pm

GG's, really enjoyable! Well played to everyone.
Summary; f*cking laggy sh*t.

I've been called out by some people for this shot so I decided to fraps it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bPIuHp ... e=youtu.be
Pls no VAC ban ty.
Viperzz^

Postby Morpheus » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:01 am

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck i missed this lol i was not on twitch yesterday cause of MLG :(

Hopefully i will not be considered top20 since i was not even summoned for this :lol: :mrgreen:

You sirs were correct though, i truly suck at this mode unfortunately :evil:
Morpheus

Postby ramdrop » Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:41 am

I made a long post, but the page DDoS'd, so I'll just summarize.

@viperz - I told you on teamspeak that there was nothing special about that shot :P I've done it before playing top.

Both teams won their own picks but a "comfortable" margin, but the last map we really suffered on, we didn't have a low player and so bug was the sacrificial lamb.. well played to both teams and thanks to Monk for drafting me, enjoyed the games.

I hope the season goes ahead.
ramdrop

Postby Viperzz^ » Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:00 am

Viperzz^

Postby csnafk » Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:19 am

was ggs bois thanks for letting me get a map in Monk. looking forward to the season
csnafk

Postby bug » Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:36 am

good games. i enjoyed quite every cp i was playing and had my fun on nitro.
thanks for putting up a nice team monk!
bug

Postby Cromaniac » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:02 am

Very good games everyone! It was really enjoyable to play so thx for having me rummy :)
Think it was really close even in most maps (not only cus of tb). Just that one team would always falter somewhere in mid
Cromaniac

Postby Sauron » Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:05 am

Congrats to team monk for playing all 8 of his team instead of just 5 like rum did. More impressive.
Sauron

Postby Viperzz^ » Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:26 am

Viperzz^

Postby Skoll » Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:51 am

YouTube it :o Twitch heats up my laptop enough to fry an egg :x and it's also a larger audience platform, as many ppl see what they want, when they want to. Oh and Facebook, although you probably already did but i visit FB like once a month and did already this month xD
Enjoyable games to watch, frightful to play for my level of aim, gg's o//* :)
Skoll

Postby snap » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:07 am

Good game both teams, and thanks PACO for the stream :OWpacorage:
snap

Postby Monk » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:45 pm

Review from my Point of view:

Olden

They took an early lead but the lead stayed around the 20 mark for a long period. In the second half of the game we definitely controlled top a lot better, with what felt like long periods where we didn't let the point flip. This in turn allowed ramdrop to assert more control over mid, as rummy was helping out there a bunch due to their top control

ramdrop did amazingly well to beat their best player by such a big margin.

The end score makes it look a lot further away than it really was. That is in part due to Ravonix getting that amp near the end when he had Keg and then got belt. He only lasted about half a minute but we had pretty much full control of all 3cps for that period - as was noted on the stream. We gained 12 points in just 23 seconds.

Ghardhen

We did ok for the first 5 minutes, but after that we completely lost powerup control. I was lagging really bad here but I simply lost map control, all my timing went and that allowed viperz to beat us with amps. While I was hunting viperz that gave control of all the other pups to Pete, and we got overrun.

Campgrounds

Just from looking at the stream - we lacked anybody who was a pure roamer to combat Pete and he dominated the map with amps, pretty simple victory for them here due to Cro + Pete's bridge dominance.

Nitro

A really close game. Bug put in another great performance. I didn't help corner much at all (except for during amps) and he kept it incredibly close despite being killed by Pete 27 times. 3 maps in I finally had an amp run that impacted a map after hitting a double kill to escape from corner. It still wasn't great but I managed to stay alive on 1 shot a few times and get a run going. The rest of the game was pretty much neck and neck, other than that amp gain.

Seraphim

We knew this was a bad matchup for us as we had no low players. We also struggled to contain them up high, and they provided a lot of assistance at mid because of that. No amp runs to speak of across the whole map.

Overall

Fun games. Thanks for the stream, was entertaining to watch back.

By the way, for anybody who thinks that playing sDOM is just a bunch of 1v1s, try listening to bug's comms on Olden for example (watch ramdrop's stream). And I don't mean basic comms like "belt is up". Despite playing the 1v1 spot he provided numerous calls about the incomings to high. I'm sure anyone who has played iDOM will appreciate the importance of knowing your opponents location, and anybody who has played CS will appreciate the huge advantages to be had when you know where your opponent is :)
Monk

Postby RickJames » Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:08 pm

RickJames

Postby Viperzz^ » Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:36 pm

I'll also give a review of my POV :P

Olden:
From watching the stream I can only confirm what Monk said. It seemed to be a close match for the first half but after that red team started leading. This was most likely due to Monk and Ravonix' control over the high point allowing Ramdrop to completely focus on the mid point and shoot 44 acc. While low was going towards Cromaniac's favor he could not make up for the other two points.

Gharden:
This map was also very close in the beginning with the red team getting a 10-15 point advantage in the first couple of minutes. I was lucky to kill Ramdrop's first amp pretty quickly not making me bleed to much points up top and not forcing Pete to abandon observatory/basement. While Ramdrop was the better player up top we had better control over the amp allowing me to get 5 or 6 amps in a row. Around half of my amps were quickly shot down by Monk or Ramdrop but the other half forced Monk to abandon Observatory/Basement and try to kill me. This gave Pete the opportunity to pretty much control the other two points together with Cro and Rum giving us a 20 to 30 point advantage. Judging from the graph it seemed observatory was pretty close until around 8-9 minutes where blue took the amp control advantage and started gaining a lead due to Pete's roaming. Can't really say much about basement, seems that was pretty close all game.

Campgrounds:
Not much to say about this map. Cromaniac and Pete were in control for most of the game. Red team did not lead the bridge point at any given time allowing Pete to help statues here and there. Bug performed really well on statues and had a 5-10 point lead over me until Rum offered to switch which I glady accepted... and when I arrived at dungeon I realized why lol. Can't really do much when u can barely see your opponent move :p. Even with Steel's horrible connection dungeon red was able to win dungeon by 7 points. Again, it did not really matter as blue won bridge with circa 50 points accoring to the stats.

Nitro:
I felt like nitro went pretty even. Red had an early advantage due to blue sending 3 players including the flow player to contest the amp. Bad decision as this gave ramdrop 28 points for free whereas Rum and Pete both had around 8 combined I think. Monk and Pete roaming between Flow and Bertha made this map an absolute slaughterfest from my POV. As Monk said, bug did very well at corner only losing by 10 despite being killed 27 times by Pete. Monk had a nice amp run somewhere at the very end which eventually sealed the deal for red. Bertha and corner still went in blue's favor but red had better control over flow allowing them to win.

Seraphim:
Nothing much to say here either. Red team did not have a low player eventually sacrificing bug to try and take on rum. Unluckily for him rum could not be stopped and managed to take low with a 20 point advantage. Mid was very close and neither red nor blue really had an advantage there. Top was slightly better controlled by blue allowing them to help at mid. I called out for help every now and then as my lag was making me cry like a little baby (sorry Ravonix!).

In the end it was a very exciting 5-mapper. Thanks to rummy for having to deal with me again (team zhu li) and special thanks to the streamers/casters. It was really enjoyable to watch the stream :) I hope the season goes trough and that more people sign up.
Viperzz^

Postby Dewsick » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:16 pm

I had fun playing even though it was the one map. I appreciate Monk for letting me play even though I'm not an allstar and for having limited experience.
Congratulations Rum team!
Dewsick

Postby exixt » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:59 pm

Was nice to watch, ggs both teams.
exixt

Return to Leagues & Tournaments