Back to the future: saCTF WITH power ups?

Jump to: Board indexGamesUT99Leagues & Tournaments

Re: Back to the future: saCTF WITH power ups?

Postby Skoll » Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:47 pm

i'm new to UT99 communities :o play pub servers (the pug server level of play is too high from what i see in casts, etc. 15y too late ^_^ ).

That said, i would probably play a SaCTF. Even with my crap aim i would enjoy it surely. I admit it's not that much different from iCTF given the aim many players have but pwr-ups would level it a bit or at the very least make for more interesting flag runs.
No tele, hard work/skills to fight to and back to flag is more interesting than tele a map in 3 sec to the flag and then fight, but hammer might be nice to have some sort of boost to add unpredictability to the moves.
As to pwr-ups i would leave them regular pwr-ups no tweaking and have them all (even invisi), it's head hunting not shock.
Can't/won't try sDom season because i don't know maps and its too late for that, although in time i will join on mirc one of this days/weekends (especially if saCTF/saTDM comes to life even if server only).
Maps, there are plenty of regular/popular CTF maps that could be played in saCTF imo, they would just need a different approach, more nw tactics then iGIB tactics, maybe a few tweaks to have more armor/pads/belt/etc..
Think that answers all the questions made on top of thread, just a n00b opinion i'm sure, just my $0.50 o//*
Skoll

Postby csnafk » Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:09 pm

Is that seriously an AIM avatar?
csnafk

Postby Skoll » Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:14 pm

Skoll

Postby Skoll » Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:26 pm

Skoll

Postby csnafk » Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:33 pm

I wasn't saying it was offensive. I was just wondering because I hadn't seen one since like 2006
csnafk

Postby Skoll » Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:51 pm

Was my Death avatar in another game but a mmorpg (omerta) not fps, this is in fact (since 4y) my 1st online (with ping or 0Ping or Nnping) experience since 2000, and that was some weekends with friends playing LAN's. Since i have a laptop (crap one rofl) and can barely run UT99 on full and almost nothing else of worthwhile, so i have been on and off online pub servers (more off then on because of finishing a school degree).
When i found that UT4 is upcoming, i got more and more excited and got to UT99 with a vengeance, although i'm smashed by almost everyone i meet in them i don't get enough. Liked it back in 2k, didn't have the computer to run it but now that i do it's an addiction of sorts. everynight i'm getting smacked, but i have been acused of boting by some idiots xD (did i say my aim is really bad? lol), made my nights those fools, when admin came, lool.
Any way, my fortune tells me i will be having worse ones around here eheheeheh ^_^ getting around to dusting off my old Mirc (kaspersky hates it with a fury) to try and get pulverized in some sort of PUG, although Teamspeak is a complete mystery to me :D
Skoll

Postby Dewsick » Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:48 pm

I agree with Chris on this one.
Newnet iCTF is brilliant, everything seems to have clicked in place despite my early doubts.
However in Sniper, the hitboxes are terribly off and if I the head, it registers as a HS whereas if I hit, I miss.
If the hitboxes were to ever be fixed I would be interested regardless of powerups.
Dewsick

Previous

Return to Leagues & Tournaments