[iCTF.I] Le grand Final prediction

Jump to: Board indexGamesUT99Leagues & Tournaments

[iCTF.I] Le grand Final prediction

Postby ulo » Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:18 pm

rain instil fear into any enemy. He is a dominating player that make any team he picks a contender. Has won before and know very well what it takes to be in the top! He has stepped his game up in the play off and have been more involved with higher amount of many of the stats. He also have stepped his fragging up and has a very respectable efficiency along with the good average kills score. He has a iron grip on his mates and lead by example to inspire them into great deeds. Will it be enough for him to take another league?

To accompany rain or on a few maps paleface on defence is rapture. He was a wild card since he had not played much before the draft but has shown he can keep it up with the big boys and has played a perfect role in securing the base while allowing rain and paleface to push up and help out when the flag is on it's way. Though in the play off rapture has stepped it up and is more involved in the maps with higher amounts in the flag stats. He has gone down a bit in efficiency but have increased his amount of frags to compensate for this. Will he be up for the game when Adapt comes attacking him?

paleface is a fragging machine and has no remorse to keep the enemy at bay before going for the flag. His stats are slightly harder to read since he play defence on a few maps, but he has definitely kept up a good pace into the play off. Only stat he has gone down in is the amount of flags taken, this can be a fact to him defending more frequently and combined with the iron grip the team has had on their own base. Will paleface be on the right spot at the right time to cover his team mates tonight, as is famous for Swedish players?

Old school top player Sens is back and he means business! He has grown with the league and is now a versatile attacker that both has high amount of caps and assists along with high fragging and a few flag kills when needed. He even sport a positive efficiency in the play off while playing offence on every map. It will be hard to get past him and equally hard to stop him from taking your flag out of your base. He will be big part in the success of this team. He needs to be on point to help pulip grab the flag to keep pressure while also taking clever desicions on when it's important to lock down the base.

To round this team out is pulip, the Finish flash! He has gone down in frags in the play off, but he has started to fill the role of grabber for his team instead. Which is a crucial part of this team, they need him to be pressure player. He has been more successful in his grabbing and converting those grabs into caps or assists where his team mates are there to pick up when he dies during a run. Even with a lower amount of frags he still has close to a 50% efficiency which makes this entire offence a very high fragging machine. Will pulip be able to get the amount of frags and runs this teams need versus such high skilled defence as the enemy have?

unrealshots is one of the few players who never has a bad game. He is very consistent and his lowest level is on par with even many of the best players. While his top shape can be totally crushing and a impossible wall to attack. He has had to sacrifice defensive superiority to get more invovled in the offensive stats in the play off. He pushing up and being on the right spot in the middle of many maps have been crucial for this teams ability to get the game winning caps. He do have a surprisingly high amount of flag kills which shows that it's not impossible to grab on this team even with someone like unrealshots on the team. Getting out is another matter though and capping is hard against unrealshots. Will be the brickwall he needs to be tonight?

risus have had a hard time in the play off, he has gone down on all stats except flags taken, which is not his main priority. He does however have the experience and skill needed to know what is needed. So he needs to channel and find that game he can have to compliment unrealshots on defence to make them indestructible. Will risus be lurking in the shadowy corners of the base as he is famous for and surprise the enemy offence each time?

MP/5 was a freight train without breaks in the regular season, with a more then impressive frag scoring making sure his team was the dominant on the important parts of the map. He have not had the same speed and precision in his aiming in the play off. On the other hand he has increased the efficiency of his grabs and made them count each time he made one instead. Will he be back on the track tonight to assert his dominion on the crucial parts of the maps?

kengzta is the grabbing machine of this offence, he is the one who keeps the pressure on the enemy by being in their face all the time. He goes by the best defence is a good offence philosophy. So far this has worked well for him and he has improved while the league has been running. He has been getting a few less grabs each map in the play off, but with a increased success in captures and assists this doesn't matter much. He has also kept his fragging ability going into the play off and even increased his efficiency. Look out for this guy to be top grabber on this team tonight and it's to him we will have to look for the action. Will kengzta be able to penetrate the razorsharp defence of Raise Your Weapons?

scott is yet again in a new final. Will he be the X factor for this team and bring them to new highest? Looking at the doubling in flags taken from regular games to play off you start to wonder how lame he was in the regular season, but keep in mind he stepped in for unrealshots on defence one map and did so well since they won the game. scott is however the man to think about where he needs to be, is it needed to be a extra man on defence this second or will I be needed to cover soon. Those are the tough questions for scott to think about each second of the games. He is the man to cover and the man to help out lessen the pressure on his teams defence. Will scott be the X factor or will he not, it's all in his own hands tonight.

From Raise Your Weapons side I think they are looking at removing DiamondSword and Rune for sure. Then it's more tricky, it comes down to which map they think they can get that so important first cap on. I could see them going for Klondike since the opponent has much more experience on it.
From Adapts side I think they should remove Command for sure since the opponent is the best Command team in the league. So even if they feel they are good on it, they should get rid of it. I also would get rid of Grudge if I where Adapt since it's a map where a fair few of the enemy players are good on. It's also noted that Raise Your Weapons have practised Acrony and has a good team play on it so they should figure about removing that one as well.
If both teams follow those thought patterns we are left with BrokenLimits, Complex, Duku, Mesmerize and Pryxon. Where I can see Raise Your Weapons preferring Complex and Duku, while Adapt might be looking at BrokenLimits and Duku also. So I think Duku will be the tie breaker and we get to see the rest of the maps. Predicting the map order to be BrokenLimits, Mesmerize, Complex, Pryxon, Duku.

This can be a sweep as well as go to 5 maps with a long over time on the last one. First caps on maps will be so crucial it's bordering on ridiculous. I am going to give the edge to Raise Your Weapons since they have the more complete and versatile team. I am going to say that they will take it in 4 maps and we will not see a fifth map. With the map order above I will give BrokenLimits to Adapt and have Raise Your Weapons winning the rest of the maps with Pryxon being a blazing game to end this league.
ulo

Re: [iCTF.I] Le grand Final prediction

Postby snky » Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:45 pm

I swear you do a grand finals prediction every season man. Good stuff brother, keep up the great work!
snky

Postby rain » Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:59 pm

Nice write-up as always ulo, thanks for taking the time to do it :)
rain

Postby HULKSMASH » Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:04 pm

Good writeup, thanks for this!

Support OwnedWell with four clicks & stay up to date <3.

HULKSMASH

Postby rev » Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:18 pm

when is this?
rev

Postby HULKSMASH » Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:22 pm

The moment you've all been waiting for! The iCTF finals. Starting at 4PM EST/9 PM GMT/10 PM CET on www.twitch.tv/ownedwell

Support OwnedWell with four clicks & stay up to date <3.

HULKSMASH

Postby MP/5 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:54 pm

great job ulo, thanks for putting the time and effort in doing those write ups!
MP/5

Postby PACO » Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:10 pm

Nice writeup ulo. Love seeing people step up and do these and you've been doing them consistently.
PACO

Postby flowX » Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:32 pm

Good read.ty
flowX

Return to Leagues & Tournaments