Recap: The Owned Well Show (October 26th, 2014)

Jump to: Board indexStreamsOwned WellOwned Well TV

Image Image

Recap: The Owned Well Show (October 26th, 2014)

Postby PACO » Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:10 am

Dear ladies and gentlemen,

The Owned Well Show had an interesting variety of gametypes played this Sunday and we got to witness some high level UT99. We started the show with some Assault and finished with an iCTF All Star game. A lot of people have forgotten about Assault since they idle on their own IRC network and have been a bit less active in the past few years, however they have an awesome community. With UT4 around the corner, our fingers are crossed that there will be an Assault resurgence.

The show started with a few blips. There were some technical difficulties with the server however after all of those were sorted, the match had a nice pace. We got to see RiverBed, Siege, Golgotha, DesertStorm and Ballistic. Some of the maps were harder to keep up with than others however we kept up as best as we could. Siege was particularly great to watch and there were some really awesome plays made. Example:

This was our first time covering Assault however hopefully it will not be the last. The spectator controls in UT99 are fairly limited however we're making as much lemonade as possible. We'll try to improve on our noobiness and hopefully capture even more of the action if another opportunity arises to cast some Assault.

-------

The next event that was covered was the iCTF All Star game. This was the first All Star game on OwnedWell and it was scheduled a week before the iCTF draft. Finalz and rain both captained up and picked very strong rosters.

Hatchet unrealshots rummy Steel Dewsick RAVONIX Blackout n0b [×]
serenity paleface junkyardboy monk snap ramdrop INSANITY PACO [×]

Out of the 16 players, there were: 5 Brits, 5 Americans, 3 Canadians, 2 Dutchies and a Swede.

PACO was a surprise pick for many but as the story unfolds, it appears that rain was on to something...

The match was slated to be a best of 3 however as the elimination process was unfolding, both captains agreed to a five mapper. The five maps played would be Grudge, Command, Rune, Brokenlimits and Klondike in that order.

The first map was Grudge. Team Finalz seemed weary of playing it and rain pounced on their unease. Team rain jumped out to a 2-0 lead and it looked like they would hold on comfortably however Finalz and his crew answered back with some caps of their own. Rummy got sneaky while Dewsick absolutely pulverized the competition. Dewsick finished with a whopping 144 frags and was able to make a dent on the JYB/Serenity pairing. Finalz took the first map 3-2 and really put the pressure on rain by winning one of his maps.

The second map was Command. The final score was 8-3 and while someone who was looking at the scoreboard might think it was a blowout; it was a very different story for those that watched. Rain's crew fell into a hole early however they were not being fiercely outplayed.. the difference was flag standoffs. Team rain lost every single standoff and it made all the difference between a win and a loss. Off the top of my head, I can think of four instances however if I'm fairly certain that there were more. The frag power was with rain as his posse was +50 however they couldn't seal the base and it cost them.

Going into the third map, rain realized that his back was against the wall and that his team might get eliminated in only 3 maps. It was at this time that he yelled up to the commentators booth and demanded that I replace my suit with sweatpants. THEINCREDIBLEPACO was summoned. The crowd went wild as I reconnected from spectator to player and a divine flurry of Unreal Tournament beastliness clicked into the game. I'd love to talk more about Rune however it would be doing a disservice to my magnificence and game-changing impact. In the first two maps, team rain got 5 caps in total. In one map, PACO alone got 5 caps, along with 2 assists, 4 covers and 10 flag kills. It was the most brilliant substitution in Unreal Tournament as the PACOOOO TRAIN chooo choooooooo'd rain to his first victory of the night. Finalz and ravonix were quivering at the prospects of playing me on another map however I decided that my duty to the stream was greater than my duty to the team. Rain would have to play Brokenlimits without me.

The final map of the night was Brokenlimits. As the first sentence suggests, Finalz won. This map could have gone either way, however Dewsick resumed his tenacious pace from the first map. Dewillness powered out the first cap and caused fits for the blue defense all game. Rain and his cronies had lots of good opportunities however they were unable to capitalize on many of them. The backbreaker came in the final minutes of the game when red turned it from a 2-1 to a 3-1 game. Kudos and props for red continuing to grab and showing sportsmanship in the dying minutes of the game. I'd also like to announce that Serenity achieved an OwnedWell record by disconnecting 1 frame after the match ended. Not humanly possible but we'll award it to him anyways...

Big props to mrgrins and m3ss for covering the event. Also a big thanks to HULKSMASH/Smant for organizing and finally a big thanks to everyone who participated and tuned in. We had a great time casting and look forward to doing a lot more stuff with the channel/community.

If you would like to re-watch the full cast, it is archived on the YouTubes here:

On a final note, the Owned Well Team will be expanding their schedule to another day and focusing on UT4 on Mondays. Our first show will be this evening at 7pm EST. As the game evolves, so will the show and we will be exploring more and more elements of the game. We look forward to growing the show with all of you.

Thanks for reading,

THEINCREDIBLEPACO
PACO

Re: Recap: The Owned Well Show (October 26th, 2014)

Postby ttocston » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:03 am

Fantastic show yesterday! Loved seeing a different community being showcased on the show! :OWgrinsgasm:
ttocston

Postby KillEmAll » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:24 am

Great job by all involved. :D :D :D
KillEmAll

Postby frauenarZt » Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:27 pm

Thanks again for showcasing assault, it was a lot of fun to see, and a lot of fun to see m3ss' reaction with all the craters and suicides. Some hilarious stuff and good play!
frauenarZt

Postby DREW-TANg » Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:03 pm

great show again. as far as audio clips that you need to start stocking up on, any grins related one liners involving armor pickups. there's at least 3-4 already.
DREW-TANg

Postby z4TaN » Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:10 pm

excellent job, very good streams
z4TaN

Postby Shotman » Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:28 pm

Can that be a legal thing that unrealshots did in command?
Shotman/HeatWave
Shotman

Postby PACO » Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:06 pm

PACO

Postby Blue_Armature » Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:03 pm

Great show! I loved the Ass salt part, always wanted to see how that was played at a high level.

Also, can you please upload to YouTube in 60FPS from now on? It's finally supported now in HTML5 player :D
Blue_Armature

Postby kevinsan1ty » Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:41 pm

aka biz<NeO>/bizmonkey

kevinsan1ty

Return to Owned Well TV