The Owned Well Show (September 28th, 2014)

Jump to: Board indexStreamsOwned WellOwned Well TV

Image Image

The Owned Well Show (September 28th, 2014)

Postby PACO » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:43 pm

Greetings ladies and gentleboys,

We had our second installment of The Owned Well Show and covered some UT4 along with UT99 this week. We started the show by observing some casual duels and taking in the UT4 movement and then moved onto some interesting UT99 duels. The show concluded with a tri-cam iDM with me, m3ss and mrgrins duking it out and preparing for the big tourney this Sunday.

was kind enough to show off some UT4 dueling for us. He played against rePeteGG and we were able to get a decent feel for where the game is at after the most recent build. It also marks the first time that m3ss and mrgrins teamed up for some UT4 commentary and I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't wanting more......

We will be looking to assemble some experienced pre-alpha (something about writing that makes me giggle) players and have semi-formal show matches like we have been doing in UT99. If you are interested in participating, hit us up with a PM or idle in #ownedwell on IRC. We will be doing a lot more coverage and documenting/helping wherever we can with the development of UT4.

The first UT99 matchup of the night was between Sonic and blackout\\. They played Deck16 and Phobos. I always though that Deck was one of blackout's stronger maps but Sonic picked him apart and kept a steady lead for most of the game. Our dear friend blackout was actually in the negatives for a few minutes but picked up the pace and made it more respectable by the end. Phobos was a different story. We asked the players to test out the map and give us feedback and it was clear that Sonic was not as comfortable on it. The game was close at parts but blackout blew the score open in the later half and walked away with a convincing win. There were a few highlight reel worthy shots and the two players got a rough idea for what they will be up against in the upcoming tournament.

The second matchup of the night was a grudge match between DaSnaksta and sLY. It is no secret that these two players won't be exchanging Valentine's day cards this February. Past history, IRC squabbles and tensions spilling over onto the forums made this one of the more intense exhibition matches. Both players are expected to go far in the tournament and there is a very good chance that the spotlight will land on them when it matters. The first map was Malevolence and the match was very tight. DaSnaksta took the lead in the final minute and sLY was unable to equalize with some last second Hail Mary flak shards. The second map was Phobos and sLY displayed great map awareness. DaSnaksta put up a good fight keeping the score locked at 2-2 for awhile but sLY was able to break the tie and run away with the map after exerting strong pup/boot control. The final map was the edited Codex () and it was close like all of the other maps. Unfortunately for 1838, DaSnaksta came through in the clutch and dealt a punishing blow with the Enforcer that turned the tides of the game.. This lead to the quote of the night:

DaSnaksta walked away with another win and sLY is going back to the drawing board. We feel bad, we might pair him up with me on the next exhibition duel just to get his confidence back. Nanm will be training me.

To conclude the night, we played an iDM with the tri-cam. I had some moments of glory and held down the #1 spot for a few minutes but eventually crumbled and joined my casting friends outside of the podium. is being played THIS SUNDAY! Make sure that you are in attendance to play or at least tune into the festivities.

http://www.twitch.tv/OwnedWell - we are streaming every Sunday and will be adding even more shows to the rotation throughout the week. We appreciate all of the people who have been tuning in and if you enjoy the shows, spread the word and let people know about them. We are also open to feedback and suggestions so if you have anything that you would like to see, feel free to mention it.

GGs to all.
PACO

Re: The Owned Well Show (September 28th, 2014)

Postby m3ss » Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:32 pm

Great summary, PACO! It was another awesome afternoon and evening of Unreal Tournament, except for me caboosing it during the iDM PUG at the end. I'm blaming it on my lack of practice in UT99 and the frame lag from streaming. xD

Thanks again to all of the players who put on a show for us, and of course thanks to everyone who tuned in. We're working on bringing more varied content in the future and improving with each and every show. I hope to see everyone next Sunday for King of the Gib! :mrgreen:
Follow me on social media through the links below.
m3ss

Postby z4TaN » Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:40 pm

Excelent! I am waiting for more :)
z4TaN

Postby ttocston » Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:51 pm

:OWgrinsgasm:
ttocston

Postby Blue_Armature » Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:31 pm

So is this gonna be uploaded to YouTube?
Blue_Armature

Postby HULKSMASH » Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:39 pm

Yes, they are on Youtube. (The videos listed are from Youtube).

You can find all of them here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCB_8Xu ... mTpWIzu-nA

Support OwnedWell with four clicks & stay up to date <3.

HULKSMASH

Postby Blue_Armature » Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:15 pm

Blue_Armature

Postby Imperious » Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:34 am

Awesome job guys
Imperious

Return to Owned Well TV