Basics of ut99 demo recording?

Jump to: Board indexShare your stuff!Gaming Media

Anything gaming related.

Basics of ut99 demo recording?

Postby LoD » Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:38 pm

Hello everybody,

I have started to record some demos and now i am trying to convert them to some normal video format. I have come across this tutorial:
http://www.unrealkillers.com/f71/basic- ... ials-3569/
But it does, for example, not say which fps to use in fraps. When recording in 30 fps, everything is slow, ok, 60, is fast. What fps should I set in fraps? When I record 60 fps, the movies freezes from time to time. Is this due to hardware limitation on my pc? Should I record the demos in full hd in fraps as well or is that not necessary? Probably all demos should be played "time based" (setting in demo manager) so that the speed of the game is correct?
In general: Could anyone point out a general basic workflow for the recoding of nice ut99 videos?
I play on 120 hz in full hd (do not know if this is important).

thank you and merry christmas,
LoD
LoD

Re: Basics of ut99 demo recording?

Postby Chamberly » Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:03 pm

Try changing the fps limit, like 40 or 50... or 45. Sometime it can vary depending on your hardware can hold. I used to use like 30 fps before (1.90) I upgraded my CPU to 3.0, now I use 60 and I can record with sound.

All I do is record with fraps and use a particular keybind for recording (behindview 0, 1, etc.) and then upload to youtube, I don't know anything much about video editing to superior videos edit, but they are nice.
Chamberly

Return to Gaming Media