DOM-Phobos

Jump to: Board indexGamesUT99Mapping

DOM-Phobos

Postby D4RR3N » Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:05 pm

Hello there, folks!

As I posted on Mojo thread, I was interested on Phobos, since I read some comments about it and, hell, why not?
Lucky me, I was contacted by Einheit, who I give him pretty much 60% credit on this map, since he worked on it first and sent me his work. Besides that, he helped me giving me advice about flow, as well as messaging me old posts about ulo and some others about their ideas and whatnot. So, huge thanks, Einheit, really.

Now, let's talk map:

-Belt: It is located on Hangar CP (The CP that is most outside). Boots are required to get back

-Amp: It is located on a single platform, outside area, there are 2 ways to reach it: One of them requires a simple run-and-jump boost, but is going to leave Hangar unprotected. The alternative can be done from Hangar cp itself, but requires boots and a double boost that leaves no room for failing. Your choice >:] Amp runners will have to run their way up to Hangar again, since the only way down from the platform is dodging to a pin that only leads between Bottom and Corner CP. In case this does not work due to difficulty, I already have a plan B, less challenging tho....
(Cool amp design credit: Chamberly).

-Bottom CP tasks: apart from obviously defend, Bottom has to time Keg and try to kill the amp runner/keep zone clean for team amp, who will show up close that area. This gives Bottom more responsability and makes things more interesting.

-Keg: Yeap, 2 kegs, you're welcome. Will make harder to kill and make things not so easy for Amp.

-Corner CP: It has extended hallways so it's not narrow.
View from Point:
Also, Corner guy should take from time to time the lift close to it to grab an extra set of vials on upper level. There are some Pads at the bottom of the stairs, which will make player have to get out and leave CP unprotected if he doesn't want to leave an advantage for incomers (And even more advantage to possible amp runner).

DL Link: https://www.mediafire.com/?3t8wk1a2kaekjl5

This is a nice tactical map, hoope you guys enjoy!
Special Thanks: Einheit for input, references, general help and advices when cleaning up map (dem unaligned stairs bru).
Chamberly for help at some texture alignment, and that purple amp beauty :P Also for testing maps progress with me on her server!

:)
D4RR3N

Re: DOM-Phobos

Postby snakeware » Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:13 pm

buen trabajo amigo, aprendiste rápido a usar el unrealed,eh?
snakeware

Postby kevinsan1ty » Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:57 am

*faints*

If this works out, it'd be awesome. Phobos is a signature map. Excellent work.
aka biz<NeO>/bizmonkey

kevinsan1ty

Postby HUMPTY » Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:48 am

looks cool will try it out,
only thing i can see from running around the map, would it be possible to add an invisible ramp over all the steps, stairs are pretty glitchy in ut
HUMPTY

Postby D4RR3N » Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:36 pm

D4RR3N

Postby D4RR3N » Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:40 pm

D4RR3N

Postby Einheit » Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:38 pm

Not all stairs are smoothed out. Only the big stairs at corner CP.
Will be no problem to make the other stairs.
Give us one day. Tomorrow there should be a version with ramp treatment for all stairs.
Einheit

Postby D4RR3N » Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:03 am

0012: https://www.mediafire.com/?br2msbkrdkt0cv4
All stairs are smoothed, even though some can be improved.
Maybe I overworked this, but I made a custom brush for the curved stairs at Bottom with 2D Editor and then fixed vertex by vertex to each step, probably there was a better and easier way to do this but fuck it. I got that as smooth as I could.

Enjoy!
D4RR3N

Postby D4RR3N » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:00 am

League's over. How about some map testing dates? <3
D4RR3N

Return to Mapping