DOM-Mojo (Alpha) (Need important feedback)

Jump to: Board indexGamesUT99Mapping

DOM-Mojo (Alpha) (Need important feedback)

Postby D4RR3N » Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:20 pm

Hello there, folks!

I was reading some posts here and found that some of you wanted to see sDOM-Mojo, so I gave it a shot.
Before you get your hopes high:
1) I'm now quite used to UED so there are quite of things wrong with this. (Besides is still alpha, but I'll get to that later...)
2) As all of you know, I'm not an avid pugger (I pug once every 2 blue moons), so I only could imagine how I would've liked the map to flow for sDOM.
So please:
I want all kind of feedback, from modifying spawns or pickups, to changing entirely control points and their respective rooms (and spawns, ofc).

Let's go!

Former Minigun CP

Armor CP (2 people cp and amp)

Above Library CP

Keg

Belt

Armor the guy at Former Minigun can grab

Better view:

DL Link: https://www.mediafire.com/?kwnb0v0y8ne1o26

PLEASE give feedback since I know there are things that MUST be changed, and I'd like that people with faaaaar more experiencie than me in sDOM could tell me what to do to make this a fun map (My intentions are not exactly making a tourney map but a fun one :) ).
Merry Christmas!
-D4RR3N
D4RR3N

Re: DOM-Mojo (Alpha) (Need important feedback)

Postby D4RR3N » Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:36 pm

ALSO:
Big thanks to:
Chamberly, for sharing her server to test the map and amp boost
RTG`, for giving amazing ideas and guiding me along the Mojo history and its areas!
D4RR3N

Postby RickJames » Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:41 am

The above library CP isn't good- you don't want a point that's accessible by only one narrow path.

Former minigun cp doesn't look promising either tbh- on a narrow ledge that's snipe-able from all sides.

You didn't say anything about spawns, but for sure they'll need a lot of changes from the original Mojo.

It's really nice that you're working on this map, though- I know Humpty and some others had their own ideas, you should talk to them!
RickJames

Postby tigerclaw » Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:41 am

could try putting the library CP down low where sniper is and putting keg where the CP currently is, that way you can lift jump up for keg

power up locations seem a bit off too, but can't say much without seeing how it plays

hf :lol:
tigerclaw

Postby D4RR3N » Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:56 pm

Yea RJ I forgot to mention spawns, that's where I need biggest feedback, I haven't touched them so much because I don't want to do lots of work moving them and then just screwing with the flow, so I rather seeing how peeps with experiencie see it and then giving their feedback before releasing any changes...
Thanks for advice tigerclaw! This are the changes I'm coming up with your feedback:
-Switching keg's and cp's spots.
-Moving minigun CP below the bridge, and filling bridge with vials.
-I still want the armor to be liftjumped, but if people don't like it, I could change it

Thanks, I'm gonna work on it now and release alphav2 :)
ty
D4RR3N

Postby D4RR3N » Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:06 pm

v2 Ready!

Vials Replacing Former Minigun:

Former Minigun has evolved into: ''I need a name...'' cp! (INAN for short if you want)

I was realizing that this little space here was dead, so now I made an exit for amp runners: You can jump to platform and then dodge directly or jump to platform and then on lamp. I even added some vials and ammo (I think amprunners may be too OP? idk)

Replaced Armor in Armor CP for Pads, I relaized that since it's too close from belt it'd be too stacked...

Replaced pads on platform above the lava pool for this Armor:

Based on tigerclaw's suggestion:

And so...

Also, some pads for the guy on Library to pick up.

Again, I wait for your comments, suggestions, complains, help with the spawns, etc!
Enjoy!
D4RR3N

Postby HUMPTY » Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:21 pm

i liked the cp on the bridge more xD
HUMPTY

Postby D4RR3N » Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:50 pm

Maybe actual test and see whichever the people like best?
Link to v2: http://www.mediafire.com/download/esler ... lphav2.rar
D4RR3N

Postby RickJames » Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:56 pm

Sorry for yet another opinion, but I liked the general location of the former minigun cp, just not quite on the bridge (since it's so snipe-able). Just moved back a bit off the bridge towards where the minigun actually is in the original seems ideal to me. But of course, it's hard to judge anything without playing it.

As far as spawns,the ones in the v2 version don't look too bad as a starting point. I'd remove one of the armor spawns (2 in the same room as a cp that's already easy to access seems too much).
RickJames

Postby D4RR3N » Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:41 pm

D4RR3N

Postby Shotman » Wed Dec 24, 2014 4:37 pm

I don't know why but I feel that the area where the belt is might be an ideal CP. You should probably make it a little bit more riskier to get the belt by having it to dodge there instead of running it to get the belt.

Also I have a question for the admins are 3 CPs that maximum cps or can there be 4 Cps?
Shotman/HeatWave
Shotman

Postby D4RR3N » Wed Dec 24, 2014 5:24 pm

I think that getting shot while taking belt and falling into lava is enough risk? I was thinking about DM-Peak when put belt there.
Also there are 3 cps because since it's 4v4
2 cps that need 1 player each
1 cp that need 2 players because amp/keg/whatever important is close to that cp
D4RR3N

Postby D4RR3N » Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:13 pm

So, has this been added to any server so far or shall we call it a dead proyect?
D4RR3N

Postby PACO » Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:34 pm

I'm in bed with the flu. I'll add it to ip1 tomorrow (assuming I get out of bed).
PACO

Postby Chamberly » Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:00 pm

I've yet to manage to insert sDOM on the server to test this thing without needing to summon nn shock. :P
Chamberly

Postby ulo » Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:11 am

I will look more into this map when I get home to my desktop computer (around 3-4th Jan).

It's not that I don't care for the map or the effort, but I can't even make simple elevator jumps on the laptop so looking through maps I don't have any previous experience of is really hard and I rather wait and give some proper feedback.

Keep up the good work!
ulo

Postby D4RR3N » Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:18 pm

Happy New Year Everyone!!!
So I worked on this like 2 nights ago:
Since the Armor CP could contron both belt and amp quite easily, i decided to leave the Armor where it was but changing belt location. This made a huge change, and that's that now EVERY CP has now something to fight for.

In another note:
-Former Minigun CP is now below bridge.
-Above Library comes back, also does Keg trigger on actual Library. I also added another way in so it wasn't THAT shitty

Pics:

Former Minigun is back

Belt replaced by quite some vials (Up to 135 HP)

Former Minigun dude can now control belt instead of just defending his point :)

The keg trigger (Just shoot the space between bookshelves:

New entrance to Above Library (look from outside, simplest sidedodge ever bt skillz 1):

Above Library's new entrance (look from inside):

DL Link in case wanna say som shit?
https://www.mediafire.com/?53cvw69jwuqblpv

Thanks to ph34r for generous feedback when I thought this was dead lel.

Also, I'm thinking about giving some looks at Phobos and it may be fun trying to make DOM-Phobos. Anyone who'd like to share ideas or tips or whataver feel free to PM on forum or IRC (If I'm around since I almost never connect to ipug)
D4RR3N

Postby HUMPTY » Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:23 am

looks good, looking forward to trying it out
HUMPTY

Postby PACO » Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:48 pm

Redirected and on IP1. I like a lot of the changes that you have made so far DARREN.. really good work. The only thing I can say I'm really not a fan of so far is the belt location.
PACO

Postby Zac » Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:45 pm

Bump, is this still in progress? I'd like to see more on this project.

<+Se7eN> zac's UT mouse is like a Wii controller, he has to swing that shit like a wildman

Steam Name: nut_zac
Zac

Postby D4RR3N » Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:00 pm

Honestly idk, map hasn't even been played xD
D4RR3N

Postby HULKSMASH » Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:20 am

We played this last night during pug night.

Enjoyable map, albeit a bit confusing on first try. Here's some feedback:

- Health packs don't reset your health to 100, which it should do in sDOM.
- Spawns need optimising. There's a spawn right on former minigun cp but also Spawns that felt like miles away from any points (such as the big lava room).
HUMPTY and ulo had some ideas on where Spawns would be better, hopefully they will post them here too.
- It's perhaps a bit easy to sabotage someone's dodge up the ramp to the top cp, as you can shoot them from former minigun. But I don't know if people like this aspect that people can assist two points without having to move or not. I personally think that if you want to assist another point you should at least have to go through a little trouble of getting closer, at the risk of losing the point. The fact that you can do so right from the cp just by aiming upwards seems off to me.

Support OwnedWell with four clicks & stay up to date <3.

HULKSMASH

Postby HUMPTY » Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:43 am

Spawns def need tweaking and health packs
I'd even go as far as moving the lava cp somewhere else

The above library cp, maybe make the lift jump from below a little easier, adds another viable route up
The armour cp, I'd move the cp slightly, into the bend under the amp, makes going for health packs and armour a lil more risky and will be quicker for people to get back to the point.
HUMPTY

Postby RickJames » Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:49 am

As HULKSMASH said, health packs should take you to 100 health and vials should be +7

Here are my suggestions:
Move the current "former minigun" cp back up high to where the minigun normally is and move the above library cp back to library (basically like it was in version 2 except don't put the mini cp right on the bridge). Put keg back above the library, but keep the ramp. This is because:
-The current former minigun cp is in an open and clusterfucky area with many spawns. Moving it allows you to keep some spawns there and it's a nice centralized location for spawning.
-The library itself is a more dynamic position than the above spot, and you don't want it too close to the new former minigun location.

Delete the spawn by the cp in the armor room, and any other spawns right next to cps. Thigh pads room could probably use an extra spawn. Delete a few health packs (like the ones in armor room) once you've increased the health values. Other changes needed too, probably, but hard to say without playing a version with new cps, spawn changes, and fixed health values first.
RickJames

Postby Chamberly » Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:59 am

I find it strange that the health didn't bring health up to 100 because on my server it did.

The armor can be reached by using lift jump, just have to get to it unless you aren't good with BT?

& I still didn't put sDOM on yet to give it a try. Hmm.
Chamberly

Postby HULKSMASH » Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:10 am

Can test it on IP1 or something, you'll see the health packs only give +20 (or whatever the original value is).

Support OwnedWell with four clicks & stay up to date <3.

HULKSMASH

Postby D4RR3N » Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:37 pm

So silly mistake, I hadn't selected all of the MedBox when setting them up. I truly apologize for that.
Thanks for the feedback friends, tbh, I already know spawns were shit (If you check side by side DM ver and DOM ver you'll see there are no changes). I wanted to wait for something just like RJ's and Humpty's post, thanks mates. Will work on it right now.
D4RR3N

Postby Monk » Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:18 pm

Some of this has been posted already :

Bugs: Most of the health packs on the map only give +20hp and do not set health to 100.

The vials on the beam above the old belt pit only give 5hp and not 7.

Once that’s fixed – there’s way too many health packs in the Armor area, I count 4 within a few dodges.

I’m not a big fan of the beam on the edge of the Former Minigun point (when you turn left up the stairs) that makes you a super easy shot without even any possibility to move side to side. I know it's there in the stock map but could probably be removed for sdom.

Spawns: The spawns by belt (there are at least 2, maybe 3?) are very far from the armor CP. I suicided there a bunch of times but it was a very common spawn as it was a corner where nobody was spawnblocking of course.

CP names! With smartDOM and most peoples resolution, CP names will overlap with the score values unless they’re under about 8-9 characters. They don’t have to be relevant particularly, but you can just call them "minigun" and another weapon name if you want to stick with that.

Nice work so far
Monk

Postby D4RR3N » Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:29 pm

After the first play and reading all the feedback, I've come with another release.
-Spawns positions changed
-Pickups positions slightly changed as well
-CPs moved. Again, small moves.

If anyone has a suggestion to make the liftjump easier please post it, as I don't think there's a way to making it easier (Maybe changing Move time...).

DL Link: https://www.mediafire.com/?psp2z1mcqzjivyo

Enjoy!
D4RR3N

Postby D4RR3N » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:42 pm

*Bump* There's a new version ready, hopefully it will get added to server soon(?)
D4RR3N

Return to Mapping