Changing Maps

Jump to: Board indexGamesUT99Mapping

Changing Maps

Postby Morpheus » Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:54 am

Hi.

Are we fucking up the iCTF season like we fucked up the sDOM season?

Love,

Morpheus
Morpheus

Re: Changing Maps

Postby Viperzz^ » Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:33 am

Viperzz^

Postby Sauron » Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:53 am

I like the initiative of flowX and ulo but they need guidance. The far majority of their alterations are poorly thought out. I'd be happy to give my assistance.
Sauron

Postby ulo » Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:55 am

ulo

Postby flowX » Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:54 pm

EU IG Community Not able to take Changes. Lets play gauntlet caves and dreary for the next 15 years again :) and hail duku :OWgrinsgasm:
flowX

Postby wndg » Sat Oct 11, 2014 2:15 pm

This your impersonation of rj, morph? All of the changes were good changes to the maps last sdom season. oh my god I need to relearn unreal tournaments because someone moved a vial. IS THAT A NEW LIFT NEAR STATUES? THINK ILL SLIT MY WRISTS.

i suggest someone do something about duku but that'll just induce brick shitting from the mouth breathers that think ctf is about stalling the action out in mid.
wndg

Postby HULKSMASH » Sat Oct 11, 2014 2:19 pm

I agree that the sDOM map changes were in fact very good and really helped the flow of some maps. Only one I personally wasn't a big fan of was Cinder, but I'm not sure that map can be saved :).

Morph is just a little boy frightened of anything new or different.

Support OwnedWell with four clicks & stay up to date <3.

HULKSMASH

Postby csnafk » Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:25 pm

wndg is right, sdom changes were very good for the game. the only map on the list that should be nowhere near competition is deck.

i'm not sure if i'm totally on board with all the changes proposed by ulo/flowx but after seeing what happened in sdom i'm willing to pug it a few times before i hammer my judgement.
csnafk

Postby Morpheus » Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:57 pm

This isn't a game played 24/7 by players that can give proper info. How do you know a simple change won't have a significant effect on the map and ruin it for the season?

This is clearly out of your depth, no offense ;)

The changes i saw on sDOM were unnecessary on the maps i played. The only changes i liked were dungeon (gives more shit to the map) and maybe statues on CG. Some maps changed their concept entirely.

Just looking to the changes in sprinta. Replacing the base spawns by topmid spawns seems like a good idea at first, but you don't take into consideration that that will only facilitate the fallback and returning of flags lol I don't even have to test it to know it is a horrible change.

I 100% rather have a guy spawning in my back once in a while than having 2 extra guys waiting for me in mid.

I'm sorry but ulo and co are extremely inexperienced and even if the maps get proper play time, the information will never be reliable. If the league gets spread out like i suggest it (6-7 team players) this won't even matter, but if it gets stacked as usual, these changes will only be noticeable when good players clash.

pls stop friends
Morpheus

Postby ulo » Sun Oct 12, 2014 1:09 am

ulo

Postby rev » Sun Oct 12, 2014 1:36 am

rev

Postby flowX » Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:52 am

@ morph

I'm sorry but ulo and co are extremely inexperienced... lol?=??

i was the guy editing maps and made them playable before they even got played on clanbase... i made grudgeCB -cb2 for example. otherwise u could jump high witht he lift in base and just stay there at a cross steal with 1 cover and never get killed..
i made(edited) bleak to ugn version and many many other maps

u got mostly no clue what ur talkin about but actin like u are someone. iv prolly edited more maps than u even played ...and most likely many maps uv played and doesnt even know how they been before^^

may let stuff like that for people which actually play and beein activ. and for people which know what they are doin...
u could talk to sauron who criticized our Changes on Sprinta and telling us to add spawns which are already there since years^^ :OWgrinsgasm:

if edits doesnt work we will see. if people got different ideas we will try...but people wich just criticize without even beein activ or know what they are talkin about ..thtats kinda annoying really..and doesnt motivate people...

stagnation is regress...thats why CB has died
flowX

Postby Monk » Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:30 am

Morph wants things his way. He wants leagues catered to himself - he doesn't give a shit about dev players or want them playing in leagues (see his opinion on dev playoffs ruining seasons). He will use emotive language like "ruined season" or "fucking up season" to suggest that something he doesn't like will ruin everything for everybody. It was ever thus.

As rev said, morph thinks he is elite and his opinions have greater weight than others (calling people inexperienced in order to say that they are not good enough at video gaming to express opinions) . His opinions don't have greater importance and you should not believe his odd implications that he is the voice of the community.

Being better at a game than somebody else should not give you the right to be condescending as fuck and belittle other people's efforts to improve things.
Monk

Postby HULKSMASH » Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:42 am

Well spoken rev and monk

Support OwnedWell with four clicks & stay up to date <3.

HULKSMASH

Postby Sonic|^ » Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:08 am

LOL :OWfacepalm:
Sonic|^

Postby Morpheus » Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:07 pm

Morpheus

Postby Morpheus » Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:12 pm

Morpheus

Postby kE- » Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:26 pm

Although it could've been said in a less provoking way, but I'm with morph on this one. I prefer adding 2-3 new maps in the rotation once in a while, like that iCTF season with Rune/Complex. Those new maps can be refined, but I wouldn't change too much with maps that have worked for many, many years. Guess it's not the most popular opinion tho.
kE-

Postby pulip » Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:56 pm

pulip

Return to Mapping