CTF-Klondike

Jump to: Board indexGamesUT99Mapping

CTF-Klondike

Postby ulo » Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:15 am

Next to the drawings table was Klondike. I had a feeling that whenever you kill a defense on this map they have a really good chance of spawning at a point where they to fast have a look at the flag, making getting away from the flag stand is a bitch. So I wanted to alter the spawns so that it maybe took a half second more to get that look on the flag stand on a few of the spawns. Making for more chances once you grab the flag.

First spawn I felt was slightly to easy to look down on the flag from was this one:

So we moved it more towards the mid of high to give anyone on the flag a half second more to get away from the stand:

Second spawn was the once on the sides, which usually turns into the defender looking at the flag and only waiting for a attacker to drop on it and snipe him. So from having this view:

You now have this:

So it takes a few more moments to get back into that position, it also gives the same time extra for offense on each attack.

We also decided to try and add a spawn down low here:

And for sniper fans flowX added in another pair of pads down low in base also:

We think as said in the beginning that those changes to the spawns, should make it only ever so slightly easier to get a chance of leaving the flag stand.

So once again feedback if you will and as always keep the feedback constructive please.

Download link:
http://www.file-upload.net/download-965 ... 5.rar.html
ulo

Re: CTF-Klondike

Postby Sauron » Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:40 am

Bad bad bad. The high spawn now gives perfect view to everything but low left and low right. Terrible choice. Keep the position the same but make them face enemy base.

Low left and low right spawn change is okay to try out.

Low mid spawn is a TERRIBLE idea. It makes going straight out low even more difficult and gives an extremely easy crashing point to either side when the enemy route is called out.
Sauron

Postby ulo » Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:05 am

ulo

Postby Cromaniac » Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:43 am

Yeah, with this, it might be easier to see where someone is going, but being killed on flagstand all the time is maybe even more frustrating for offense. Most of the time what happens is that as a defender you get killed before someone approaches the flag, then you spawn high and just jump down aiming at the stand, and that is a fairly easy kill to make. Klondike is already attack based map imo so giving a little advantage to defense might not be a bad idea. I think both attackers and defenders got a little plus from this so it could work.
Cromaniac

Postby Darkside » Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:54 am

new spawn locations look good. don't add the new spawn.
Darkside

Postby pulip » Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:59 pm

My thoughts on the changes you've made:

1. Good change +++
2. Not needed. As an attacker you can usually hear if a defender spawns there and be prepared for it. Not game breaking change tho.
3. I don't see how low mid spawn is needed. With newnet I can just see defender spawning there when you are at the door with the flag :/
pulip

Postby Monk » Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:48 pm

Did you keep both high spawns or merge them into one at the top? Getting rid of a spawn would obviously change the % of time that people spawn there. I feel like all 3 of the spawn moves would encourage a flag carrier to leave high mid.

Change 2 is ok, but it will have an affect on people attacking through the sides. Quite often a respawning attacker will spot a guy who has got in there and down the ramp, but that will no longer happen.

I very much dislike change 3.
Monk

Postby spydee » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:06 pm

remove spawn on high near mid or put it in the middle
in flagroom widen ledges towards flag so easier to get to cover there
on the two exits in the flagroom when you go up the middle ramp, widen the middle piece so both passages are slightly narrower
spydee

Return to Mapping