Vitrae

Jump to: Board indexCommunityGeneral discussion

Re: Vitrae

Postby blackout\\ » Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:34 pm

Hope you make a speedy recovery vitz, I'm sorry that you had to experience this.
blackout\\

Postby exixt » Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:20 pm

Differences aside, this is some terrible news. Wish you the best. Can't possibly imagine what you're going through right now.
exixt

Postby blade » Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:37 pm

Shit. I'm truly bummed out reading this.. Vitz has been a friend of mine for past 5 years, and I had many convos with him over the years. Truly hurts very much to hear this. :(

Vitz, if you ever read this.. My man, I know what you're going through and it must be very difficult. Hang in there bud. Rehab will be tough but if there is anyone out there that can get through it, you are that person. You are a very competitive person with a strong will and stubbornness. That is the sort of personality you need to overcome obstacles like these - you have it!

As you know, things happen in life at the snap of a finger that may change the trajectory of your life for some time. It is devastating, but I believe we all have the power to overcome and hope.

We had long interesting philosophical discussions before on irc and quite a few fun Messi vs Ronaldo arguments :lol: .. I was looking through my logs.. Here's one funny Messi vs Ronaldo convo we had couple years ago:

My friend, I stand by it.. MESSI IS THE BEST!! haha :D

I will truly miss those discussions & hilarious fun long arguments we had with each of us busting chops, but I have great hope that you will be up and running soon. Keep your chin up and fight vigorously against the hardships life has thrown your way. I promise that if you stay strong mentally, you WILL overcome anything. The Vitz I know will.

P.S. When you read this, and If you ever feel the need to discuss anything over email, send me an email at bladefd AT gmail DOT com. Anytime.

Good luck and peace. Always.

Hope. Inspire. Dream. Live.
blade

Postby CreeK » Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:24 pm

This is definitely shocking and unexpected. Best of luck vit and wish you a speedy recovery...I know we barely talked or were close but nobody deserves to go through pain or suffering. My uncle passed away 2 weeks ago so I definitely what your friends/family are going through. God bless and miss your changing colours emote :P
CreeK

Postby Rum » Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:52 am

:c, May you heal fast my friend.
Rum

Postby Xenoscythe » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:14 am

Massively saddened to hear the news :( wishing you a speedy recovery vitz my friend x

Thanks for letting us know Morph.
Xenoscythe

Postby fisk » Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:25 pm

that is fucking sad man - always sucks to hear shit like this happens...

vitz if you ever read this - fight on and come back stronger than before
fisk

Postby Banko » Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:08 pm

Btw can we put together a Owned Well fund of some sort to send the guy flowers/etc on behalf of us or something ?
Banko

Postby Pun` » Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:28 pm

Horrible news. My thoughts go out to Vitz and his family. Give the nurses some for the community you old UT legend. Wishing you have a full and speedy recovery.
EDITED BY ADMINISTRATION.. NO NUDITY EVEN IF IT'S DRAWN. PLEASE AND THANKS.
Pun`

Postby Rum » Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:52 pm

Rum

Postby Morpheus » Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:55 am

Morpheus

Postby Sdaco|JrmY » Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:03 am

Sdaco|JrmY

Postby -rapture- » Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:17 am

If you ever read this, Vitz, I wish you the best full recovery. I hope you can start enjoying your life again soon. I know gaming has absolutely no priority, but hope to meet you on the battlefield again, sometime.

All the best,
-rapture-

Postby d3R » Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:20 am

Aww man, mixed feelings after reading this. I thought he was gone after reading the topic title but fortunately he's still alive, hopefully he'll make a full recovery fysically and mentally!

Stupid roofs :OWpacorage:
d3R

Postby HULKSMASH » Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:52 am

Dear Daniel,

My apologies for not posting anything sooner. I'm so shocked and devastated, just staring at an empty text box, not knowing what to say. I think about the conversations we had, I regret that we didn't get to meet last year, but most of all I am heartbroken.

I don't know what you were doing on that roof,
But I know that you fell hard.

I don't know what you must be going through now,
But I do know our thoughts are with you.

I don't know what the future brings,
But I do know that you're a fighter...
And I can only hope that one day that fiery spirit of yours will pull you through.

So that one day you will be able to click to this post for yourself.

Get well soon my friend. I miss you.

Support OwnedWell with four clicks & stay up to date <3.

HULKSMASH

Postby Junkyardboy » Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:39 pm

May god be with you to help protect and bring you back to full health. Love JYB
Junkyardboy

Postby Morpheus » Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:02 pm

His brother knows now. I gave him this link and he will share with vitrae.

If you want to donate vitrae for a gift in the hospital you can donate in paypal to this email: [email protected] - please pm me here the amount you transferred and what you would like to contribute/give to vitrae. (if you want an account please pm, i rather if you do it with paypal though)

All the money will be applied or returned to you, so please identify yourself if you donate.

I've also received from kind people the possibility of creating a fund to help vitrae get medical care, fortunately enough we have a very good health system that is mostly free. I however asked his brother if help is needed (probably not). If that is the case i shall inform.
Morpheus

Postby kud » Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:48 pm

This is awful to hear, and I hope he reads through this thread and finds some comfort in the kind words of his friends. Vitz has great taste in music, and I hope to eventually see more recommendations from him in the music thread. I drafted vitz for a ctf team awhile back (team afk). It was an underdog team as most of my drafts are, but he showed up for 90% of the matches and brought a good attitude and his A game. Vitz clashed with people over the years, but only because he has a strong, uncompromising personality and cared deeply about the game and competition. I hope that same stubborn personality will help him tackle this new challenge. Good thoughts to his brother and family if they read this.
Last edited by kud on Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
kud

Postby WeeDMaN » Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:46 pm

This really sucks to read about. Didn't really know him well but I would never wish this on anyone. I hope he has a speedy & healthy recovery good luck to him & his family. Honestly you guys should do a UT99 event for vitrae with donations opened idk just a idea.
WeeDMaN

Postby KillEmAll » Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:39 am

pm to you Morph.
KillEmAll

Postby Morpheus » Sun Oct 11, 2015 3:29 pm

Thank you for the donations guys. I'm sure he will be very happy.

Do you have any idea in what to offer? Even if you don't donate please help me in that regard.
Morpheus

Postby SunnY » Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:02 pm

Depending on the type of injuries something to help make life easier? We can find out as he progresses n I would be okay to donate to that. Devastating to hear and i'll hope chances for full recover are high.
SunnY

Postby Morpheus » Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:13 am

Morpheus

Postby Morpheus » Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:40 pm

I spoke to vitrae's brother. So here are some updates:

Vitrae is in the Porto's hospital Neurosurgery Unit at the moment. He arrived there 3 weeks ago to put a titanium prosthetic and treat an infection.

He had a procedure early this morning to remove the prosthetic and treat the infection in the scar that insists on going.

Vitrae has been diagnosed with Diffuse Axonal Injury which isn't very good news. You can google a little bit, but vitrae has won an important step. He came out of the coma, which is good.

The idea apparently is as soon as the infection clears, Daniel will be transferred to a facility where he can be treated properly.

I asked very directly if he rather have the money or have a physical gift. He promptly sad that with what might come next it the family would rather have the money instead of a gift, but any would be welcomed and very appreciated. Social Security does/might contribute to the cause, it isn't free so they will have to support quite a bit.

Since i spoke to the brother directly, i will take special care that the money will end up in the parents account.

I really need some help from the administration to help to the cause. An event to raise donations like weedman said is perfect. Please help.

His brother was very glad to see all of your comments, and that vitrae has now a Playlist with ut99 movies! He says his eyes follow the screen when it comes to it! xD xD Hope its not a Paco's movie :lol: :lol: :lol:

Update on the donations

PS: I can add you to the support group they have in facebook if you want. PM for that. It is in portuguese, but google translation is actually pretty good.
Morpheus

Postby PACO » Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:09 pm

Thanks for the update. I'll work on a fundraiser.
PACO

Postby Sonic|^ » Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:17 pm

Sonic|^

Postby csnafk » Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:42 am

csnafk

Postby Shotman » Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:00 pm

I hope you recover soon Vitz,
Shotman/HeatWave
Shotman

Postby Morpheus » Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:30 pm

Thanks for the generosity.

If i may be of help, don't hesitate to ask me.

You guys are amazing :D

Donations:

Morpheus

Postby blade » Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:10 pm

Hope. Inspire. Dream. Live.
blade

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion