Get new mouse gliders or new mouse?

Jump to: Board indexCommunityGeneral discussion

Get new mouse gliders or new mouse?

Postby LoD » Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:42 am

Hello everbody,

after 4 years, it was time to get new mouse gliders for my G700 (from www.corepad.com) and now playing feels really weird. I have the feeleing I only hit 60% of what I hit before. So what are your experiences: Did you ever change mouse gliders or would you always get new mice after some years?

regards,
LoD
LoD

Re: Get new mouse gliders or new mouse?

Postby tigerclaw » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:44 am

Hi Level of Detail

I won't be clicking your link

Get a g400

Steal it

Do drugs

Thanks for everything
tigerclaw

Postby Skoll » Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:57 pm

With all my mouse when they start giving me trouble with pads, buttons, wtv, i bench it and get a new one. got some 3 mouses on bench atm lol but i buy cheap mouses. Atm have a halfmman cyber dragon huge fire breath xD large name, small dpi and price, still, a good gaming mouse.
Skoll

Postby blackout\\ » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:03 pm

go buy replacement feet from ebay, and if the mouse is still giving issues after replacing it with fresh feet and getting use to it, then it's time for a new mouse.
blackout\\

Postby Hermione » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:34 pm

If the mouse is relatively new, about 0-2 years, i would get new mouse feet if the old ones were wearing out. But if the mouse is old with heavy use such as 2-4 years then i would definitely invest in a new mouse chances are it could break soon and has some aging problems perhaps a good mouse is only 50-100$ anyways so its well worth it to invest in a new one.
Hermione
banned

Postby Lineage » Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:32 pm

He put new feet on already and is having problems with it tracking differently.

Either the new feet changed your tracking LoD or they simply glide differently (i.e. actually gliding instead of dragging) than the old, worn out ones.

I have done both, replaced the mouse and gotten new feet. I ordered the feet from the same company as the mouse, though. Third party feet are a shot in the dark on what they will feel like.
Lineage

Postby LoD » Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:53 pm

got the g400s now and feel like hitting only 70% than before even after 2 weeks playing. are optical mice less responsive than laser ones? To me it feels like the g400s is slower even i need the same amount of cm to do 360 turn...
LoD

Postby Lineage » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:37 am

Laser and optical mice do track differently so there will be an adjustment period. If you are still thinking about how the mouse feels in your hand you haven't adjusted to it yet. For the record, the vast majority of gamers (casual, hardcore, and pros - makes little difference) prefer optical mice.

The g400s is a corded optical, you are coming from a wireless laser mouse with hard coded sensor acceleration/prediction combined with input lag from it being wireless. The g400s, for all intents and purposes, is a flawless optical sensor. Not to mention the weight and general shape difference.

I say give it a couple more weeks and try not to think about the mouse while you're playing. I'm sure a lot of it is on the mental side, where you don't fully trust the equipment. I see it in bowling quite a bit.
Lineage

Postby LoD » Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:26 pm

Thanks for the encouraging words. It seems to be really different. Still not reached the same level I had before. Not at all. I will work on it.
Btw. I have read that people are overlcocking usb-ports for mouse connection... Should I do this?
LoD

Return to General discussion