Any possibility of another CTF tournament?

Jump to: Board indexGamesUT4Leagues and Tournaments

Any possibility of another CTF tournament?

Postby Paw » Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:02 pm

Hey just curious if there is any thoughts or discussion about another possible CTF tournament? I felt like the last one was great and would be a blast to do another one. :)
Paw

Re: Any possibility of another CTF tournament?

Postby nvz » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:45 pm

Honestly after the holidays would be ideal. Also gives time to fix issues with game until then.

I imagine they will wanna do something in the late winter or early spring.
nvz

Postby detox » Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:27 am

PACO is a very intuitive man and always has his finger tips on the pulse of the community. Just have faith that what ever tourney/event he decides to do next will be what's best for the community. He's proved this time and time again.
detox

Postby BUDDY » Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:33 am

Anyone be interested in a 2K4 TAM league in between? Just something to pass the time.
BUDDY

Postby PACO » Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:41 pm

Paw wrote:Hey just curious if there is any thoughts or discussion about another possible CTF tournament? I felt like the last one was great and would be a blast to do another one. :)

Honestly, my initial plan was to do something like this every 1-2 months. It was actually fun prepping and running the tournament but some recent events have soured my enthusiasm on the status quo. There is a decent chance that there will be something popping off in the new year but I won't be announcing or committing to anything just yet.

detox wrote:PACO is a very intuitive man and always has his finger tips on the pulse of the community. Just have faith that what ever tourney/event he decides to do next will be what's best for the community. He's proved this time and time again.

PACO

Postby Paw » Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:37 pm

PACO wrote:
Paw wrote:Hey just curious if there is any thoughts or discussion about another possible CTF tournament? I felt like the last one was great and would be a blast to do another one. :)

Honestly, my initial plan was to do something like this every 1-2 months. It was actually fun prepping and running the tournament but some recent events have soured my enthusiasm on the status quo. There is a decent chance that there will be something popping off in the new year but I won't be announcing or committing to anything just yet.

detox wrote:PACO is a very intuitive man and always has his finger tips on the pulse of the community. Just have faith that what ever tourney/event he decides to do next will be what's best for the community. He's proved this time and time again.

Awesome! Sounds good :)
Paw

Postby -inceptoS- » Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:18 pm

PACO wrote:Honestly, my initial plan was to do something like this every 1-2 months. It was actually fun prepping and running the tournament but some recent events have soured my enthusiasm on the status quo. There is a decent chance that there will be something popping off in the new year but I won't be announcing or committing to anything just yet.

;)
-inceptoS-

Postby PACO » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:28 pm

-inceptoS- wrote:
PACO wrote:Honestly, my initial plan was to do something like this every 1-2 months. It was actually fun prepping and running the tournament but some recent events have soured my enthusiasm on the status quo. There is a decent chance that there will be something popping off in the new year but I won't be announcing or committing to anything just yet.

;)

PACO wrote:some recent events have soured my enthusiasm.

I don't think that the current rocket spam gameplay is particularly compelling but it's not nearly as big of a problem as the competitive community and the community in general. A bunch of clowns arguing over who has the best makeup. For these reasons, I'm currently not interested but it looks like ESL, UT4.eu and other websites are stepping up to the plate.
PACO

Postby Cookiemonster » Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:07 am

PACO wrote:
-inceptoS- wrote:

;)

PACO wrote:some recent events have soured my enthusiasm.

I don't think that the current rocket spam gameplay is particularly compelling but it's not nearly as big of a problem as the competitive community and the community in general. A bunch of clowns arguing over who has the best makeup. For these reasons, I'm currently not interested but it looks like ESL, UT4.eu and other websites are stepping up to the plate.

Yoooooooo. Is there anyone that can make me a TLDR for UT the past 4-5 months? Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :oops:
Cookiemonster

Postby -inceptoS- » Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:37 am

PACO wrote:I don't think that the current rocket spam gameplay is particularly compelling but it's not nearly as big of a problem as the competitive community and the community in general. A bunch of clowns arguing over who has the best makeup. For these reasons, I'm currently not interested but it looks like ESL, UT4.eu and other websites are stepping up to the plate.

What about next month?
-inceptoS-

Postby PACO » Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:56 pm

-inceptoS- wrote:
PACO wrote:I don't think that the current rocket spam gameplay is particularly compelling but it's not nearly as big of a problem as the competitive community and the community in general. A bunch of clowns arguing over who has the best makeup. For these reasons, I'm currently not interested but it looks like ESL, UT4.eu and other websites are stepping up to the plate.

What about next month?

I like your spunk.
PACO

Postby clankiller » Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:07 pm

PACO wrote:
-inceptoS- wrote:

What about next month?

I like your spunk.

lots of pineapple..

CK..
clankiller

Postby -inceptoS- » Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:00 pm

PACO wrote:
-inceptoS- wrote:

What about next month?

I like your spunk.

A lot of people are coming back. If the next build is decent enough a tournament could probably work. :P
-inceptoS-

Return to Leagues and Tournaments