OwnedWell UT99 Cheat Policy

Jump to: Board indexGamesUT99Leagues & Tournaments

Re: OwnedWell UT99 Cheat Policy

Postby Morpheus » Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:01 pm

Morpheus

Postby HULKSMASH » Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:18 pm

Yes. You have. And still you're still just guessing at what's going on... and instead of asking you opt to spew your conspiracy theories and shit stir like always.

To quote your hero Morpheus: WHAT IF I TOLD YOU THAT IT DOESN'T JUST AFFECT NICK. And that a list of those it affects will be posted soon. Oh wait. I already said that a few posts ago.

This rule is to iron out the inconsistencies and set and maintain a clear cheat policy from the beginning. So it is the same for everybody. Whether they contributed, are nice, people don't care about them or not - the rule applies for everybody after that date.

So unfortunately for you, no conspiracy theory. Merely trying to improve going forward.

Support OwnedWell with four clicks & stay up to date <3.

HULKSMASH

Postby Morpheus » Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:28 pm

Morpheus

Postby Nick » Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:08 pm

I am not sure if I should reply to everything being said. I agree to morpheus' post for the most part. GU basicly = Owned Well, just in a new fancy cover. FlowX found logs of me, I have been banned from PUGGING, just for 6 months. I wasn't convicted cheating because there was no proof I actually hit 1 shot using the cheats. There are no stats of the game, just the log that a cheatfile was found in my system folder. So "IMO" I already served the ban. I didn't complain about it, I just deleted unreal tournament and came back 6 months later to try again. No problem.

I think that if you wanna treat me the same way as heltah / IJ, you should have banned me back in april 2012, when the logs were found. Doesn't make any sense to me to judge someone by reading logs (of a public server), and ban him for half a year, then 2 years later, when a lot of people suddenly find me suspicious, ban me for another whole 2 years?? If you banned me back in 2012 for 4 or 5 years, like you did to heltah, I wouldnt be here right now. I would have just quit ut honestly. But since you guys didn't, everything was okay for me again.

I was back in #iPug to play pugs, to play leagues and to volunteer for captaining and helping out wherever I could. I have shown dedication and commitment to the community. Right now I get treated the same way as heltah and IJ? There are a couple of differences. Heltah cheated while being an admin, Heltah cheated competatively. He cheated in pugs and mlig matches. IJ cheated in pugs, IJ cheated competatively.

Me on the otherhand, I never did anything to harm this community. Never ever brought a cheat inhere and never will do. I recently bought a new computer. I recently bought a new BenQ 144hz monitor.. Why? Because I really enjoy this game to the max, and I finally want to test my skills on the highest level. I didnt buy those upgrades to be playing pugs. I spend over 2000,- euro's just to improve my gear. And now, just when I got it all set up, and I am finally ready to play at my top level I get banned for cheating, while there only has been logs?

I don't think you can compare me to IJ's nor heltah's ban. I served my time back in 2012, and I think you just can't re-add a ban. This ban just doesn't feels right to me after all the effort I made, for the community, for the league, for the team of admins, and for my own entertainment. I am deeple dissapointed. I was looking out for the allstar game for weeks now, for the league even longer. Finally a real chance to meet up with the top players... I truly hope there are some openminded ut players, who share my opinion. I didn't go through all this effort, for another 2 years of sitting still. And yes, I am allowed to play pugs, but why go to soccer practise if you can' t play on sunday's game?

I know alot of people have been accusing me, and I will record my entire setup (Monitor + keyboard + mouse+ arm- movement) just to show everyone i am as clean as it gets. Once again I truly hope some people stand up, like morpheus did before. I might have said a couple of things twice or maybe even more. I am just clueless and I don't know what to do anymore..
Nick

Postby rusty2280 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:16 pm

Free Nick IMHO.
rusty2280

Postby Bryandigm- » Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:57 pm

Nick is 100% innocent. Guy spent over 2k euros to improve his gear, that means a lot. <3 you bro.
Bryandigm-

Postby flowX » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:02 pm

If some people really think ownedwell makes new rules cause of 1 player..they better wake up. Clear and Hard rules about ccheating are very important. .especially at small communitys..and most important is to judge everyone the same.
flowX

Postby Cromaniac » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:13 pm

I'm really interested to see this list of people :roll: So far i agree, this all seems to convenient.

You can't find if he s cheating but all of it is just so improbable. You don't want a possible cheater to play in league so you want to buy yourself some time. It's really not far stretched, its actually pretty likely to be the situation here. But other than that just being really NOT COOL, it also doesn't make much sense. He wasn't even cheating and that much is obvious because of the way he performed. He was cheat curious :lol: What you are doing is giving someone a lifetime jail just because he held and aimed a gun at someone. You you just don't do that. What you did back then with 6 months ban was a fair thing to do.

This is just sad tbh, seeing someone who enjoys playing so much and looks forward to final skills tests, which are leagues, being given this treatment. Pugs are just to kill time, leagues bring the excitement.. so this is a big deal.

I won't say this all happened just because of him, but his case most probably stands out the most with current circumstances. And if he is just a side casualty then it would be possible for his case to be discussed more, as you clearly can't put him in the same basket with other serious cheaters. But that of course will never happen, for some insignificant reason, or am i wrong?
Last edited by Cromaniac on Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cromaniac

Postby atr0city » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:17 pm

Why do you keep comparing yourself to me, and making it sound like you should be held to a different standard?

You were able to play in previous seasons, even though you cheated more recently then I did. And, you think because you happened to be logged on a public server, that some how makes it better and you should be given a different ban then everyone else? Which, btw is laughable in itself that you'd even point that out, I'm really sure you installed that cheat just to use on fucking public servers. Do you really think people are that dumb? Of course you had every intention of using it in competitive matches.

Instead of bitching about being banned for cheating, you should be thanking them as you still got off easier then myself and others, as far as I know you didn't have a pug ban? And you never had to make an apology video? And you got to play in previous leagues? Shit man, that's a pretty good deal for cheating.

I'm so sorry about the 2000 you spent on this incredible gear of yours that turned you from someone who was sub-par to average at best to the best player in ut in the span of one day... well that's a shame isn't it.

You got off way easier, and you should be banned. stop comparing your situation to mine, you are no different then me. Take your ban and shut the fuck up.
atr0city

Postby kud » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:22 pm

why install cheats anyways. personally idc and I'll go with the admins' decisions, I prefer playing with people without questioning every shot they hit. cheating is so bad because MANY people have spent just as much money on their rigs, and cheating completely devalues that investment
ImageImageImage
kud

Postby HULKSMASH » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:35 pm

Support OwnedWell with four clicks & stay up to date <3.

HULKSMASH

Postby faithless » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:07 pm

Gizmo is an ex-cheater? that is new for me....
he had good vibes...but fuk nowadays nothing surprises me...
people improving so quick nowadays, i dont know why i still playing this game really.... maybe i need to spend some money to upgrade my stuff,
or maybe i should buy some cheat, gain respect of the community, act like a pro and then take some holidays

and for me people who cheat in publics are in the same boat of all the others, because most of you are here only for the competition (thats why i hear so many cries when people are playing pugs and are loosing), but in pubs you can find those who really love and enjoy the game for itself has a whole, ofcourse nobody plays this to loose, but whats more important is to enjoy the game

im curious... i dare anyone to post a list of ex-cheaters! i admit i dont have the balls to start...
faithless

Postby Banko » Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:01 am

Gizmo you should have never changed your name to Nick :p Clearly it is bad luck.
Banko

Postby frauenarZt » Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:02 am

It's kinda pathetic how you sad nerd clowns wanna talk about shit no one cares about when everyone knows the real reason for harsh cheat penalties is to keep melisia the freak transexuela away.
:OWpacorage: :OWpacorage: :OWpacorage:
frauenarZt

Postby frauenarZt » Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:18 am

It's worth noting as someone who was highly involved in anti-cheat development once upon a time that these policies are fairly consistent with UT99 communities for the past 8 years or so. If this comes as a shock or development to people then perhaps it's appropriate to re-evaluate your own personal stance on the competitive integrity of the game. Any weaker policy and the integrity of the community as a whole is weakened, and that's not a positive way to initiate a community. In fact, some elements of this policy are even quite lenient, but considering the bottom line is this: the UT99 community is in its twilight. If you cheat now, you are gone for the rest of UT99. Don't like it? Don't cheat. Feel super sad that you cheated in the past? Invest the time you'd spend bitching and moaning and build a time machine. Feel wrongfully accused? Prove beyond a reasonable doubt that you, in fact, did not cheat.
:OWfacepalm: :OWfacepalm: :OWfacepalm:
frauenarZt

Postby BeasT » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:51 am

free gizmo
BeasT

Postby mng » Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:16 am

I agree with Flow-X that there should be clear and hard rules about cheating.

Gizmo should have be banned in 2012 for cheating on a public server. He should have heard his full punishment right away and accept that.
He got banned for 6 months, did that time and then you guys let him play in pugs and leauges again.

You cannot punish someone 2 years later who contribute to this community with another 2 year ban.
mng

Postby flowX » Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:36 am

U cant make rules about cheater and let them only count for New ones. ..
flowX

Postby mng » Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:49 am

so if people decide in 2016 that cheaters should be banned for 6 years instead of 4, gizmo will be banned again? < example.
mng

Postby Dewsick » Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:17 am

Agree completely with the new policy.
It's a shame players will have to suffer following this, and some big names too, but unfortunately moving forward in this community (which is what ownedwell is all about, going forward) there has to be clear cut rules.
I feel sorry for players like Gizmo etc.
Dewsick

Postby Dewsick » Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:20 am

Dewsick

Postby BeasT » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:12 am

tbh u cant clear this up. its not right to punish someone twice for the same crime. In my opinion this will only work if u bann cheaters for life. But if youre gonna bann all the past and present cheaters for life the community will be at least cut in half.

I think the 4 year bann is a good rule, but should take affect now, and not in the past. i mean imagine getting a speeding ticked for 200 dollars, and 2 years later the ticket price of the same speeding violation go's up to 500 and you get a new ticket saying you have to pay 300 more dollars for some thing that was delt with 2 year ago.

thats just stupid =)
BeasT

Postby Sauron » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:22 am

Sauron

Postby BeasT » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:27 am

nothing wrong with a new rule if it was up to me id say 4 years pugs and comp's.
all im saying is u cant punish someone twice and that implementing a new rule in the past is just plane silly
BeasT

Postby Sonic|^ » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:31 am

Tough titties. Don't cheat and this won't happen.

OwnedWell is its OWN ENTITY with its own rules. This is where people are getting confused.
Last edited by Sonic|^ on Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sonic|^

Postby Viperzz^ » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:43 am

Viperzz^

Postby Sauron » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:36 am

Sauron

Postby senad* » Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:03 am

lemme get this straight.

[*] 600$ last season's
[*] suddenly getting picked over 13-1400 rated players