Comparison of DemoRec POV vs Shadowplay POV

Jump to: Board indexGamesUT4General Discussion

Re: Comparison of DemoRec POV vs Shadowplay POV

Postby n0b » Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:17 am

n0b

Postby pb » Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:39 am

I'm not going to dispute the cherry picking, which these clips clearly are, but if you watch the video I posted for more than 20 seconds you can pretty clearly see how an aimbot can be used in other fasions than immediately snapping to a player. In the future you shouldn't judge a bot based on that.
pb

Postby Bryan » Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:03 am

You all are idiots.
Bryan

Postby PACO » Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:12 am

PACO

Postby Cookiemonster » Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:23 am

It's already known who the 'highly respected' player is and the fact that he was completely, utterly convinced about that clip is quite frightening. Why did I even post in this thread? Damnit.. Now Gs3k will reply to me with another 3 walls of text that has nothing to do with anything. Sorry guys.
Cookiemonster

Postby GS3k » Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:58 am

@nOb That's a line from Mr. Grins man.

@Paco No I understand and you're right to say that the second shot is not substantial. The first lock on was taken from the twitch stream and that's proven to be accurate as far as mouse inputs i.e. the spectator shadow play comparison Novaz and I made. When I line up the actors from Rookie's demk though the crosshair is more or less to the left and below the shadow play crosshair. I wanted to get at least ten clips or so of said lock on to prove a pattern but the cat was let out of the bag prematurely.

@Cookie Don't jump to conclusions, I showed quite a few of the top Euros the clip to get their opinion.
GS3k

Postby KillEmAll » Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:15 am

KillEmAll

Postby RoOkIe » Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:55 am

RoOkIe

Postby GS3k » Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:19 pm

Go for it! I've tried to keep things objective and fact based. I can understand why you would be upset but saying anybody who sees something out of the norm in thr clips is bad and stupid isn't exactly the most logical and intelligent response.
GS3k

Postby RoOkIe » Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:41 pm

RoOkIe

Postby kud » Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:22 pm

thread recap: what's the most accurate way of recording gameplay? That info is much more valuable than chasing a top 2k4 player with cheat accusations in ut4 pre-alpha
ImageImageImage
kud

Postby Sauron » Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:06 pm

What im gathering right now is that suspected people should shadowplay their games and upload them. That's about the best we can do for now.
Sauron

Postby Numb » Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:14 pm

Numb

Postby Sonic|^ » Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:42 pm

LOL 2 amazing threads back to back.

:OWgrinsgasm: :OWgrinsgasm: :OWgrinsgasm: :OWgrinsgasm:
Sonic|^

Postby RoOkIe » Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:47 am

n00bs.
RoOkIe

Postby PACO » Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:52 am

PACO

Postby exixt » Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:54 am

exixt

Postby banks334 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:55 am

OK, seems like PACO and a few others are confused. The clips of rookie were taken from a spectator POV twitch recording. NOT EPICS in-game demorec. All rookie has proven is that DEMOREC, as recorded from the servers pov, is not in sync with recordings at the hardware level of the player (shadowplay). This is something that has cropped up in MANY FPS games. Shootmania had a demorec that smoothed players mouse inputs to make recordings more visually appealing!

From what I understand, the demorec is only off due to a camera bug. The x and Y is off by the same consistent amount. Don't get things twisted and spread misinformation that all recordings are now null and void.

Keep in mind there is still a difference between player 1's pov and players 2's pov due to the delta between player 1's ping/hardware, server response time, and players 2 ping/hardware. However, the mouse movements will still be the same just at different points in space (the hitplot trigger debate)... This difference, as many people have shown in this thread, is actually very little.

None if this is to be reflective of my own opinion on the matter.

Also, to respond to people talking about "cherrypicking" shots. There was very little 1st person POV during the stream and an even smaller percentage of that 1st person POV was of Rookie. You would think finding even 1 shot to be weird would be unlikely and yet we have clips of several shots... again, that doesn't validate anything said in this thread.
banks334

Postby RoOkIe » Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:45 am

No one said all demos and recordings are null and void. That doesn't mean you can use them to scrutinize one specific detail on a monumental effort. Things should be looked at collectively, not in singularity only.

I am not going to waste my time recreating a twitch view to spec view to shadowplay view to show you will see the aiming fluidness to be off. It looks like a damn puppet master on strings when watching that, my shadowplays are fluid and not even remotely close to that.

Bring on the anti-cheat, I'll continue to play as I am from day 1 of anti-cheat implementation. Eat your heart out
RoOkIe

Postby PACO » Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:06 pm

PACO

Postby nvz » Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:42 pm

I like how rookie is a suspect, GS3K is the prosecuter and PACO is the supreme court judge.
nvz

Postby Junkyardboy » Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:02 pm

I would just like to comment with the perspective from looking on the outside.

Whether or not someone is cheating, it shouldn't change your view on whether to continue playing/pugging or not. In the UT99 community, we've had a couple of players in the past who were in the spot light of being accused of cheating, but no one was able to correctly provide conclusive evidence to fully get them banned(with few exceptions)

The situation: Players leaving pugs when "x" player who was accused of cheating would join up a pug. Other players would leave the pug in attempt to boycott "x" player.

The end results: Less pugs, less trust, less fun.

You truly have choice to move forward from this and rise above.

It can go two ways:

#1.) Continue to play pugs and enjoy the pugs (regardless of your thought process on who's cheating/who's not). If you convince yourself that no one is cheating, as a true competitive player, you will learn to raise your own skill level and benefit from the entire outcome of the situation. Someone with true competitive nature that disbelieves the player they are up against is cheating, will surely find a way to self-improve and raise their game to the next level via. practice, setting adjustments, hardware upgrade etc.

#2.) Continue to accuse and hope things sway in your favor. Fight an uphill battle. Enjoy less pugs and live in a paranoid state of mind and ultimately stop playing the game you truly love.

Don't let others stop you from playing the game you love. Play the game, the cheaters will always find a way to slip up and they'll either disappear from boredom or get caught by an updated anticheat. Rise above of the cheaters and learn to play at a higher level.

None of you are going to get a Return on investment on the time you are investing if you continue to try and accuse "x" player of cheating. Trust me, I've been down that road and have made that mistake in the past. I've found my happiness just playing the game I love and when faced up against "cheat-like" players...There's also nothing truly at stake here, so try your best to enjoy the game that has been given to all of you to play and enjoy. Learn to smile and have fun and don't let cheaters ruin the game for you(whether they are actually cheating or not).

Trust me when I say this, you are much better off convincing yourself "x" player is not cheating and convincing yourself: I simply need to practice harder and play more to raise my own skill level to be stronger and better than "x"
Junkyardboy

Postby Darth|UA| » Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:35 pm

I have a solution! Lets all download cheats, then we will all be on a level playing field! No one could complain then. Problem solved. Next topic. (/s)
Darth|UA|

Postby xios » Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:41 am

There's an easy way to test if Rookie is cheetzoring.

Wait until as soon as the next UT build drops that is using the latest 4.11 unreal engine update and have him start playing in pugs / duels immediately. Watch and see if the skill matches the things we've been seeing.

Current cheats won't work on the new build right away as they'll need updating due to engine level updates. That will likely take atleast a few hours or more depending on the source of the cheat.
xios

Postby Sauron » Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:18 am

That's not necessarily true xios.
Sauron

Postby Cookiemonster » Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:10 am

Cookiemonster

Postby diff`lx » Fri Dec 11, 2015 2:04 am

Cookiemonster you don't know what you're talking about, bro. :OWfacepalm:
diff`lx

Postby Cookiemonster » Fri Dec 11, 2015 2:05 pm

Cookiemonster

Postby detox » Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:05 pm

I can tell that rookie was 100% cheating based on how defensive his buddy cookiemonster is acting. Case closed.
detox

Postby xios » Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:45 pm

xios

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion