Ban Previous Cheaters

Jump to: Board indexGamesUT4Leagues and Tournaments

Re: Ban Previous Cheaters

Postby nvz » Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:40 pm

I will admit that I'm partially at fault for starting the whole pointing fingers at a few players cheating thing we have going on. Apologies to the community for causing some drama but....

If you are cheating, stop now. It's not cool! Please play fair with us and we will have fun. It's impossible to stop all hackers from playing but just a fair warning we will ban you from the pug channel and future touraments if you are caught with proper evidence.

Moderator please close this thread. Everyone have a nice day!
nvz

Postby pb » Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:52 pm

Post the video with the player names redacted. Send me the video and I'll just black bar out the kill feed and name, it would take literally 5 minutes.
Last edited by pb on Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
pb

Postby FALLACY » Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:53 pm

FALLACY

Postby kevinsan1ty » Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:47 pm

Cheat bans should go all the way back to game genie imo
aka biz<NeO>/bizmonkey

kevinsan1ty

Postby facial` » Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:04 pm

facial`

Postby PACO » Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:13 pm

PACO

Postby Darth|UA| » Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:29 pm

Penalties should be really stiff for cheaters to help deter people from even thinking about cheating. I like the 18 month / 36 month idea. That is pretty stiff, but sadly it won't deter everyone. I also think that if you have been caught in any previous UT in that 18 month / 36 month window, you should still be banned for UT4 until that window is up. I'm all for second chances, but I also think you need to serve your time. Cheating ruins it for everyone and should not be shown mercy. The idea of randomly uploading screenshots from players screens is a great idea too. Just have them upload after the match because some people like me are still on very shitty connections :P

Also, if you have suspicion of a player, try to gather as much evidence before coming forward because as soon as you come forward, the person that may be cheating is going to most likely stop (unless they are extra dumb) and it will be very hard to get the evidence after a player has been outed.

Lastly, if you know someone is cheating, even if it is your friend, let us know. You are only facilitating cheating by helping keep it covered up. If you don't want to publicly do it, PM an admin and let them gather evidence behind the scenes. Admins should also keep anonymity to help encourage people to report cheaters that they may be friends with.

We will never have a 100% cheat free community, but we as a community have to make it known we will not tolerate it and put our foot down. BUT we also have to have high standards for deeming someone has cheated and not turn the community into witch hunts that are everlasting. Just accusing cheaters all the time turns you into the boy who cried wolf. Gather evidence and make sure you have a strong case before coming forth, as this will only help the case against the cheaters, as well as help the credibility of the person coming forward.
Darth|UA|

Postby Fusion » Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:17 pm

Okay so I've been debating in my head whether or not I should chime in and make my bi-yearly Unreal Tournament forum post so what the hell here it goes. I just want to clear up some lies and rumors that have been circulating around this thread. One night myself, Xios and Gangja (tco.dub, GS3K or whatever else he is calling himself now a days) were in a tam pub playing together on Teamspeak. Ganja was talking about how he had acquired a helios 2.0 wallhack/aimbot (definitely not from shackle that's a straight out lie) and how he wanted to "test it out". So I said fuck it. I had been playing against cheaters my entire UT2004 career and at that point (2012?) I just really didn't care; as all of the competition had been long gone. So he e-mailed me a copy of the helios 2.0 and we played with it on a tam pub for a few hours. I used the wallhack for maybe 3 days and tbh got really bored as it took the edge off UT. Never once had I used Helios 2.0 or any hack for that matter in any competitive situation (CTF Tournament, Scrim, Match, PUG) and I don't really care if anyone else believes me or not. I was playing for horizon/gryffindor/<cursives other team name here> for years at the top of the ladders while GANJA had been tco.dub. A tam player nobody knew or cared to know. When he says " I did it for about 2-3 games then I deleted it because I had learned pretty much everything I felt I was going to." I know for a fact that it is complete utter bullshit. The whole knell incident was months later. How do I know? I was in the pug. I was playing defense with knell. I got botted myself. Ganja got mad because he was getting his poop pushed in and since he thought knell and I were cheating (shocker) he decided to rage hack, and shoot 90% shock primary the rest of the game. The fact that he says "It was between me and knell" is also bullshit because there was 8 other players in the PUG that were fucked over too. I remember distinctly, after the PUG was over everyone from the PUG joined the same Teamspeak channel and I told everyone there what I am telling everyone with this forum post. Lo and behold Ganja had no words and muted himself and left Teamspeak. I just think it's comically ironic that none other than the lord of cheat accusations himself, is someone who cheated in a competitive environment and is now starting forum threads about banning cheaters. I won't be posting anymore replies to this thread, I just felt that everyone should know the truth about this two-faced liar who thinks he can just change his internet handle and his dogshit personality will change with it. If changing his handle is his way of trying to start over and earn respect and credibility, I suggest he find a different community. He lost any chance at that in this community years ago. Have a wonderful day boys. Cheers :}
Fusion

Postby clankiller » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:00 pm

clankiller

Postby PACO » Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:02 pm

PACO

Previous

Return to Leagues and Tournaments