UT4 CTF FACTIONS.I (Teams 8/8)

Jump to: Board indexGamesUT4Leagues and Tournaments

Re: UT4 CTF FACTIONS.I (Teams 8/8)

Postby Sauron » Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:43 pm

So form a new ladder and have real clans competing. Real tournaments. That's the whole point of a new game. You don't need to cater to a small, aged community and force things to be fair. You expand the community and promote growth and get a bunch of clans competing. Don't treat a new game like a 16 year old game or you will fail.
Sauron

Postby banks334 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:53 pm

I like where gswags head is at! It would be awesome if the UT99 players were more active in UT4 and helped put together a few more teams. A lot of those guys have had a big leg up on the competition in UT4 gameplay.

The idea of factions was to get everyone involved in the event and it did a great damn job. Anyone complaining about tiers didn't put enough thought into who they drafted or for what use they will be of. Pretty much everyone played a tier 5 player. If this was a regular draft league chances are the T5 players would've never been given play time. They probably would've ended up as a 6/7 bench player. Of course there was frustration because not everyone's team panned out the way they expected and gameplay suffered quit a bit because of skill gaps.

Like gs3k was saying though, if we could get the focus back to team-play, and get ladder play going possibly, then we might see the skill ceiling increase significantly. There is always a low end of the bracket no matter how "even" you try to make things. With ladder play there will always be people at the bottom as well. But guess what? They will also have other people down there they can battle against to increase their wrung on the ladder! This gives people incentive to play and something to work toward. Just look at how AE took on, and almost toppled, Cursive's reign over 2k4!
banks334

Postby GS3k » Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:54 pm

GS3k

Postby GS3k » Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:56 pm

GS3k

Previous

Return to Leagues and Tournaments