UT4 CTF FACTIONS.I (Teams 8/8)

Jump to: Board indexGamesUT4Leagues and Tournaments

UT4 CTF FACTIONS.I (Teams 8/8)

Postby PACO » Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:50 am

This thread is dedicated to people posting their teams for the tournament this Sunday. In the event that we have more or less than 8 teams, the order that a team signs up in will affect their bye-status. Players will be crossed off of the ranking list as they are placed onto teams to help other players see who is and isn't available viewtopic.php?f=59&t=940.

MAX AND MINIMUM SIZE? 7 players max, 5 players minimum.
MAX POINTS FOR A LINEUP OF 5? 36 points. If a team has 7 players, it may exceed the 36 point limit however no more than 36 points are allowed to play at one time.

Teams are expected to have names and players are expected to be tagged up on the day of the matches.

1. Basement Bros
T1: boblocke
T2: snow
T3: sorn, Darth|UA|
T4: KngKyle
T5: t0ggle

2. [WAAWGIB]
T1: PACO
T2: reflex, cookiemonster, RoOkiE
T4: rev, crux
T5: osk

3. TBD
T1: cafe
T2: ph34r
T3: KingKilla
T4: Paw, HuMptY
T5: Monk

4. Dallas' Magical Fingers
T1: Blimpo
T2: bbanks
T3: nvz, incept0s
T4: nanners
T5: Viperzzz, Bas

5. HELL TOUPEE
T2: Sonic, pb
T3: Killing, FALLACY, Steel, Cuzkey
T5: pwnage

6. TBD
T1: Bleh-
T2: Ricochet, de`pain
T3: Numb, Slain
T4: Ravje
T5: Heaven's Butcher

7. Bill Cosby's Sleepers
T1: Xios
T3: ArC, Ne0
T4: BlueCloud, AngelGT

8. Team 8
T2: m3ss
T3: Hinterland, InfamousRaider
T4: dooi, kud
T5: PossessedPacman, Exixt
PACO

Re: UT4 CTF FACTIONS.I (Teams)

Postby boblocke » Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:45 pm

Basement Bros:

1. Bob
2. Snow
3. sorn
4. Darth
5. KngKyle
6. t0ggle
boblocke

Postby reflex » Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:27 pm

Last edited by reflex on Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
reflex

Postby csnafk » Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:40 pm

wow cookie is retarded roflmao
csnafk

Re: UT4 CTF FACTIONS.I (Teams 2/8)

Postby GS3k » Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:05 pm

The Immortals / Immoralists

1. bleh-
2. blimpo
3. xios
4. GS3k
5. de`pain
6. ricochet
7. dasnaksta
GS3k

Postby PACO » Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:07 pm

GS3K has lost his mind.
PACO

Postby rev » Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:09 pm

its not possible to field a team with that group of players =|
rev

Postby GS3k » Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:10 pm

GS3k

Postby ph34r » Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:16 pm

Team/Tag: TBD

Tier 1. cafe
Tier 2. ph34r
Tier 3. KingKilla
Tier 4. Paw / HuMptY
Tier 5. Monk / TBD
ph34r

Re: UT4 CTF FACTIONS.I (Teams 3/8)

Postby nvz » Sat Oct 24, 2015 3:33 pm

Dallas's Magical Fingers

Tier 1 Players: Blimpo/GS3K
Tier 2 Players: bbanks
Tier 3 Players: nvz/incept0s
Tier 4 Players: nanners
Tier 5 Players: Viperzzz

We have two t1's and two t3's but we plan on switching them in and out every other game to get some play time equally :)
nvz

Re: UT4 CTF FACTIONS.I (Teams 5/8)

Postby ricochet` » Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:51 pm

Team Name: TBD

Tier 1: Bleh-
Tier 2: Ricochet`/De`Pain
Tier 3: Numb/Slain
Tier 4: Ravje
Tier 5: Heaven's Butcher
ricochet`

Re: UT4 CTF FACTIONS.I (Teams 6/8)

Postby ArC » Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:07 pm

Team: Bill Cosby's Sleepers

Tier 1: Xios
Tier 2: TBD
Tier 3: ArC, Ne0
Tier 4: BlueCloud, AngelGT
Tier 5:TBD
ArC

Re: UT4 CTF FACTIONS.I (Teams 7/8)

Postby PACO » Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:58 pm

Big props to ArC for stepping up and making a team.
PACO

Team 8

Postby dooi » Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:20 pm

Hinterland
InfamousRaider
M3ss
dooi
Kud_
Exixt
PossessedPacman
Last edited by dooi on Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dooi

Re: UT4 CTF FACTIONS.I (Teams 8/8)

Postby dasnaksta » Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:16 pm

A big fuck to all of those teams who hurried up to stack up teams, extract the best players out of each tier and ruin the fun for everyone.
For the rest of the teams, good luck.
dasnaksta

Postby xios » Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:26 pm

Our blowout match (22 caps to 2 I think?) showed that this format has some issues. My internet or the server lagged horribly for me in our games, with constant stuttering and shots disappearing I could barely move or shoot guns properly. Don't think I've ever had it that bad in any UT4 match. And I had 110 ping to the Ownedwell East coast server which was wtf too. Nonetheless, without individual player salaries and checks and balances such as a team salary cap, this system simply does not work to the benefit of even teams. I called it in my rankings post that Reflex and Rookie are both low T1 players, who somehow ended up together and then also got cookie who is also a high T2 player. Osk also played like a T2 / high T3 player but somehow ended up in T5. I remember him from way back in Cloud 9 days and was a solid runner so I don't get why he was ranked so low. And then you have crux who played high T3, low T2. I also don't see why there wasn't another tier when there was room for it. You have T1 as 12 points, T2 as 10, so there should have been atleast another tier and keep it at 11 points to fill in. I understand that the ranks are loose but it seemed way too obvious the teams were off to me. And relying on people to form their own teams is also a burden that shouldn't exist. Either this should be a team invite tournament (better for when there is more players / activity ) or the admins should make it their discretion to form the teams themselves with balance in mind. At the very least, you could get people in pairs who wish to play together and then let the admins try to make even teams based on a more accurate ranking system. Or require those people who want to play with someone that they be a team captain. So then you have 8 team captains paired with a player they want to be with and then the admins can step in and fill in the blanks with the rest based on salaries. It also didn't help that there were only 5 days to form 8 teams and not much time to review everything and ensure integrity and balance. These are just ideas but I definitely think a more fine tuned system with either more tiers or actual salaries would be better than this tourneys method.
xios

Postby nvz » Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:05 pm

Big shout out to Ownedwell for making this happen. Much fun.

I agree with xios:

Rookie and Reflex are both T1 players at this point in CTF with their good weapon skills and map knowledge. The whole factions thing won't work next time. Next tournament we are going to have to do a draft tournament a week beforehand, and hand pick 8 teams.

Also, we are going to have to wait on an anti cheat to be implemented and also a better demorec system. Everyone should be required to demorecord their own games and send them into a dropbox after the tournament. I'm not saying anyone cheated in the tournament, but we need to do everything we can to prevent any cheating in the future. Cheating ruins games and tournaments for everyone, if anyone is using them.

Thank you and have a nice week everyone. Congrats to the winners!
nvz

Postby rev » Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:09 pm

No offense Xios, but your team was thrown together the morning of the tournament I believe? Many of the players (ie Cookie/Reflex) put forth a considerable amount of effort scouting the players they thought were under rated, pming them, and putting their team together. It shouldn't be entirely up to admins to do everything, I think it's completely fine to leave some of the onus on the players. I do agree that the rankings could have been done in a more timely manner but it also brings up the issue of people who wait til the last second to sign up or simply don't sign up at all if you rush the process.

My only beef was that the server selection was limited to one hub which clearly had issues and wasn't announced til a half hour before the games started. I was pinging 120 there so it made the tournament unplayable for me when I actually put forth a reasonable amount of effort to help with rankings, put the team together, practice the maps etc.

All in all, it was an enjoyable tournament and I think helped expose quite a few new people to the game and get them interested in it. Thanks to all the organizers and casters! I believe at one point we had at least 60 viewers? Gj to my teammates, #firstut4benchring.
rev

Postby m3ss » Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:29 pm

Thanks for the feedback guys and I'm sorry some of you had bad experiences. Obviously this was a first time effort and the rankings were quickly assembled without a lot of input. (It would have been nice to have more people submit rankings.) It's tough to rank people you've never played with before and I think some players got overrated based on their past performances in other games. That's something that will improve as we all get more experience and see these guys play more.

Regarding server selection, the OW East HUB was used for several reasons. One: it has DDOS protection and with people threatening attacks already it behooves us to utilize that hub's ability. Two: it allows the European community to participate as well. Hopefully, in future events we can have more HUBs available to provide a better experience for everyone.

As far as drafting teams in the future, ideally the best case scenario is to get to the point where people can setup their own teams without any guidance from admins/organizers, but the community is just too small right now to produce more than 2 or 3 top tier teams. Admins forcing drafted teams onto the community could be dangerous as many people just don't get along and would refuse to play together. That puts the players and admins in a precarious position. I'm sure there are ways we can refine the system to improve the player balance in the future, but again, we don't want draft leagues to be the ultimate goal.

Thanks again to all of the participants, captains, players, casters, etc for making this happen. Please continue to provide feedback so we improve in the future.
Follow me on social media through the links below.
m3ss

Postby xios » Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:35 pm

xios

Postby rev » Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:54 pm

rev

Postby kud » Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:00 am

it'd be cool if some of the current teams could be kept for the next tournament, while letting others dissolve and reform. I think some of the "legacy" teams would set a fair bar for up-and-coming teams; perhaps encouraging others to improve to beat them. It would be a good reward for drafting rookies at a low tier who improve beyond the tier they were purchased at.
ImageImageImage
kud

Postby Viperzz^ » Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:45 am

Good games y'all. Thx to team nvz for having me and sorry for my total noobness, i really couldn't do anything with my ping except for grabbing n trying to get out. Gratz to team reflex.
Viperzz^

Postby linoleumbonaparte » Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:36 am

bummed i couldn't be around for this one. sorry to the 12 people who pm'd me asking if i could play. the answer was no.

the factions system is, in my mind, better than the draft system - especially if some of these teams could stay together, scrim one another and improve while others dissolve and reform with other players in attempts to beat the players that are already at the top. the problem with this tournament is that the rankings were pretty bad because of a lack of experience playing with so many people. a lot of players were ranked high based on previous performance in other games while other players were T5 when they were just as good if not better in other games than the overrated players.

having admins and people ranking who understand what goes into being a good CTF player is kind of necessary. using an East hub in a tournament with like 95% NA signups was kind of a shitty call, but i get it with the ddos protection. maybe get that put on a central hub? i'm sure the one euro that played in the tournament wouldn't care about an extra 15ms to play on a chicago server if it cuts half our player base's pings in half. on the other hand if redfoxxx can play with 300 ping so can you. buck up. :geek:
linoleumbonaparte

Postby de`pain » Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:30 am

I had a lot of fun :) Thanks!

Since the game is so fresh, it's extremely hard to properly rank the players. There were too many T4 players that played like T2/T3 players ;/
de`pain

Postby csnafk » Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:35 am

csnafk

Postby GS3k » Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:42 am

I am really failing to comprehend the whole factions team approach and then the insistence that some of the teams stay together. The whole purpose of a draft or rankings based league is to stimulate and foster competitive activity when team based play is no longer sustainable. The notion that it would unfairly distribute the talent base is a fair one but isn't that usually how things go? Just look at this tournament if you need any more proof that it will be unavoidable. There are a few top teams and then there are more teams besides that striving to reach that level. I'm sure we've all looked up to a certain team during our formative playing years. Now there are a few people asking that some teams stay together so that other teams have something to shoot for? There are several teams already formed that look like they could do some damage. Aeternus, All Stars, GG, Immortals/Immoralists, and Synergy are all solid teams and there are enough players left over in the community to be able to form even more teams. In fact there would probably be more of a drive to play and practice if you could promote more team play and incentivize a notion that this game will be successful and capitalize on team based play. You could have eight loosely affiliated teams (who are still uneven because people are trying to find the "edge" by having a tier 4/5 player that doesn't play like one) and those eight teams may only have limited experience playing with each other or we can go ahead and take the next step, get out of this major league rut we've found ourselves in and go ahead and start pushing what made U.T. C.T.F. so great in the first place. If anything having honest to goodness teams is only going to help push the skill level in C.T.F. forward.

Those are my two cents, there should be enough talent from U.T. '99 C.T.F. and 2k* C.T.F. to drive several prominent teams.
GS3k

Postby lavak3 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:24 am

immoralists in training..:) :OWgrinsgasm:
lavak3

Postby GS3k » Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:35 am

GS3k

Postby Paw » Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:00 am

How do I join immoralists in training? Haha il submit my cover letter and resume shortly
Paw

Next

Return to Leagues and Tournaments