UT4 CTF SHOWMATCH (October 4th, 2015 Results/Vods)

Jump to: Board indexGamesUT4Leagues and Tournaments

UT4 CTF SHOWMATCH (October 4th, 2015 Results/Vods)

Postby PACO » Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:50 pm

Greetings OwnedWellians,

It has been awhile but The OwnedWell Show has officially started once again. We recently just finished our first showmatch of the year and we had the pleasure of watching some very high level CTF gameplay. I would like to thank the OwnedWell team for getting back into shape, the captains, the players, the viewers and all of the people who helped to promote the event.

Teams were picked on IRC and Team Cafe + Team Xios treated us to a five map show. Unfortunately Cynosure and Grendelkeep were blowouts (for each team respectively) however we were still able salvage three high quality maps worth of footage.

cafe, bleh, Sonic, Ultranova, Ne0
xios, ricochet, Keeler, Orion, blimpo

Azcanize was the first matchup of the afternoon and probably the best game that we witnessed. It wasn't as high scoring as the other maps but there was an intensity and a frantic pace that made it an enjoyable watch. The action and momentum was swinging in both directions and the outcome was not determined until a few minutes into overtime.

cafe, bleh, Slain, Infra, rePeteGG
xios, bbanks, Keeler, Orion, blimpo

TitanPass was map two and it matched the intensity of Azcanize for the first 90% of the game. While there was a lot of strong teamplay and high skill on display, there was no shortage of laughs and gaffes. The piston can be your friend and save you a few seconds but it can also lead to a few clips on the fails of the week.. or month.. or year.

:OWgrinsgasm:

cafe, bleh, Sonic, Ultranova, Infra
xios, ricochet, Keeler, bbanks, blimpo

The final map of the night was Pistola and it was a great map to end the exhibition on. The first half was extremely close however some of the UT99 CTF players showed some inexperience and Team Xios made them pay the price. Sonic/Ultranova are known as two players who are pretty good at controlling powerups however they were completely out of their sorts and the Xiosians wreaked havoc with oodles of belts and amps.

--------

PLAYER OF THE DAY? We are going to award this to blimpo who consistently went HAM on all of the maps.
MR. TWO LEFT FEET? TurdFerguson came up big but there was no shortage of herping when he should have been derping.
THE DARK HORSE? Slain can take this award due to the fact that we expected little and he came up huge keeping flags alive.
SHOULD HAVE TURNED HIS PHONE OFF? ph34r. Next time.. DO IT.

--------

We will be doing more of these exhibition events and will be running a tournament on October 18th, 2015. For more UT4 action, be sure to stay tuned to the forums and our social media.

PACO
PACO

Re: UT4 CTF SHOWMATCH (October 4th, 2015 Results/Vods)

Postby RickJames » Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:50 am

I wanted to watch the Cynosure vod! Of course it was a blowout, but watching bleh do his thing at mid (and basically the entire map) there is something everyone should see.

Azca looks like it plays more frantically than in ut99 because of the combination of fast wall dodges at mid with the more op spam weapons. You get lots of in-base returns there as a result. Cyno seems to play pretty well. I'm not a fan of titanpass due to the size and how easy it is to spam the stand, but it seems to work too?

One thing I noticed is that on the pickup trains, you had multiple players getting amp as it was dropped, and I don't think that's a great ctf dynamic. Either the guy who made the flag kill gets the amp and can clear out the area right away for an easier return, or (more likely) you get trains of teammates getting the amp for free in the pickup train and making it really hard to stop the train. Amp should work like it does in ut99, I don't think this amp dropping idea adds anything positive.

Also, spawn protection is an awful idea in ctf- not being able to control spawns in the enemy base (like at shock on cyno/azca) when covering is silly.
RickJames

Postby bear » Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:31 pm

nice recap! enjoyed watching this event :)
bear

Postby KillEmAll » Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:24 pm

Very nice.
KillEmAll

Return to Leagues and Tournaments