Input/clarification sniper pugs

Jump to: Board indexGamesUT99Pugchannel(s)

Re: Input/clarification sniper pugs

Postby NakedMan » Wed May 06, 2015 10:03 am

Casual sniper pugs which were played during the last iCTF and sDOM seasons were fun because laming was not very effective , you had the occasional backshot but that can be fixed by simply having the health packs boost the health up to 100(which was eventually done). From the 2 saCTF pugs I've played recently the only possible options were either to go from some non-amp route and just dodge all the way up to the defenders or go directly from the amp route and get hunted down and chased into the enemy base(even if I haven't picked up the amp).

The gameplay had a better flow pre-amp imo instead of the current situation where you either let the enemy have the amp or you join the lame-fest around the amp spot. A better solution might be having the pups spread out around the map so you have an incentive to use various routes instead of having it all boil down to one spot.
NakedMan

Postby Hermione » Wed May 06, 2015 11:46 am

Beck my point is, if they are chasing the amp guy, then that is backshooting, and chasing, which contradicts the rules of ctf in the first place, which is what i dont understand. Whats the point of putting a stacked amp there if hes gonna get hunted down by 5 guys? And whats the point of making the belt invisible on him, if we know that the amp guy has belt and we can see the purple shine on him and hear the noise. I like naked mans idea, each route should have a different item, maybe belt left, amp right and something in mid or whatever, it would help the flow of the map and many routes will be used through out the game. ;)
Hermione
banned

Postby rain » Wed May 06, 2015 1:08 pm

Having them on 'different routes' won't change anything. Any good team that actually has time on these items (which they all should) will be fighting for them regardless of where they are placed.

If you can't understand why the Amp is being targeted or its purporse when it's taken then you're even more stupid then I originally thought you were.
rain

Postby medor » Wed May 06, 2015 2:07 pm

medor

Postby Hermione » Wed May 06, 2015 4:22 pm

I understand why the amp is being targeted, apparently its a "tactic" but as i said its contradicting the no backshooting rule. Which for some reason is not enforced how its supposed to be... :lol:
Hermione
banned

Postby krm` » Fri May 08, 2015 1:47 am

You people are sensitive as fuck when it comes to "backshooting" It's almost as bad as rusty saying someone shot him in the back even if they shot him in the front.

It's simple, you get amp, your percentage of capping increases. Counter strategy is to fallback. That's not a crime and there should be no rule against it. Don't like it? Avoid the amp.

Don't like running into people that might shoot you on your merry way? Take an alternate route. Simple.

Adaption is the real challenge here. They have two brick wall defenders? How are you going to utilize teamwork to break their defense. Someone backshooting you? Sweep the base then take an alternate route.

It's a chess game.
krm`

Postby bug » Fri May 08, 2015 7:56 am

looks like the hunting sessions in sdom were also criminal as in sactf..

seriously (pointing to ictf / sactf): there's no solution to such dilemmas since admins have to decide on an undeclared definition of laming and mostly, they would decide against any partition and have to absorb lovely hate

my personal hints: if you hate getting lamed or if you're not able to handle such situations --> become a defender or switch the game

besides, does anyone know the situation in other one-weapon like games such as quake live or 2k4-ictf?
as far as i remember, quake live and 2k4-ictf didnt benefit of laming.
bug

Previous

Return to Pugchannel(s)