Another example of blatant admin abuse

Jump to: Board indexGamesUT99Pugchannel(s)

Re: Another example of blatant admin abuse

Postby Bryandigm- » Wed Dec 24, 2014 4:15 pm

What a fucking shit show.
Image
Bryandigm-
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:43 pm

Re: Another example of blatant admin abuse

Postby Nick » Wed Dec 24, 2014 7:25 pm

JD wrote:A ban for insulting admins? what did he really say? NICK i find what you say ironic, past cheaters should make no comments about people who have been caught cheating. What i find suspicious is that you managed 95 head shots in sactf both maps where aiming for the head is very different. No one can manage to do that after their "3rd pug". What else i found funny is that during that pug i had more frags then you on EC2 and you randomly start hitting everything.... You were aiming down high side every time i am coming from there. You are magically "good" at everything because you got a BENQ monitor.


There arent many other directions to face when you are defending high on ec2 lmao. Its like playing an sdom map for the 2nd time, you will get better during the map. And yes 95 headshots is like amazing. Its so amazing, that in todays sactf pug, I again had 95 hs. Please JD, get over yourself. And I wouldn't say I am magically good at sactf since alot of players hit equally good. Also when your aim is good in instagib capture the flag, sucking at sactf and sdom is kinda hard. And last but not least, yes I do feel like admins are and should be ranked higher than players. They are here to make pugging possible, they are here to keep the channel and the tournaments going, there are here to organize events, to live stream. They are here because the community needs em. Why would you flame a guy, for NO REASON, when he is there to help the channel out. And no this doesnt mean that admins flaming players is a good thing, but that almost never happens.
Image
User avatar
Nick
 
Posts: 117
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:17 pm
Location: Netherlands

Re: Another example of blatant admin abuse

Postby missiLe^ » Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:36 pm

woooooooooowwwww Nick, seriously . where to even begin..


This is nothing personal Nick, but you are sucking admin dick so hard right now it's not even funny.. I'm not supporting heltah either necessarily , if he was continuously flaming somebody I can understand the ban. But you are riding dick so hard i'm surprised your vagina hasn't fucking ripped.

The fact you take a stance against heltah is not surprising either, he calls you out on cheating all the time(along with others) and I agree with them. Your aim is way too suspicious, and for your second sa ctf pug to be on top of the scoreboard with frags seems hard to believe.
missiLe^
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:43 am

Re: Another example of blatant admin abuse

Postby Hinata » Thu Dec 25, 2014 6:53 am

Nick wrote:yes I do feel like admins are and should be ranked higher than players.


This is wrong. If you let them thinking they are not like "everyone else", they'll start banning players for bs reasons and will not accept any criticism.
Hinata
 
Posts: 101
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:55 pm

Re: Another example of blatant admin abuse

Postby KNOCKOUTDAD » Thu Dec 25, 2014 10:49 am

to be honest. it does not matter who the admin is and it does not matter who the player is the admins are designed to keep the channel clean and the pugs competitive its pretty much the only job they have no player wants to sit through a pug that's stacked one way or the other. pug should have definitely been reset, i get that we all want to play with our friends and stuff but at the end of the day if you are still playing this game you want the pugs to at least be somewhat even. for the most part the admins are fantastic , better than anything we had at with MLG or GU but that does not mean that problems still don't arise occasionally. either way i'm not taking side i just think the culture of being an admin needs to be taken seriously by anyone who is one.
KNOCKOUTDAD
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:11 am

Re: Another example of blatant admin abuse

Postby flowX » Thu Dec 25, 2014 11:31 am

Teams werent stacked...danone hits better than me.Bryan hits more than exixt lately and i wouldnt do stacked Teams. And i never did when there was a way to deny.
Every admin on ipug is there to help doin fair teams. Fixing probs etc. and we r doin this..

Topic was about Ryan getting a few hours ban for insulting every day and game.
Deserved and no complains by other admins.

People shouldnt do serious insults for no reason all the time.
Doesnt matter if its towards an admin or a Player. No differense..

Merry xmas
flowX
 
Posts: 232
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:59 am

Re: Another example of blatant admin abuse

Postby atr0city » Thu Dec 25, 2014 1:41 pm

Lol keep spewing bullshit to try to justify your admin abuse flowx. Insulting you for days? Wtf are you talking about I hadn't even talked to you in over a week. If you look at the logs you will see I asked you nicely several times to reset pug I even offered to captain and you refused to reset and stacked the pug.

Just look at logs blackout posted of the pug you instantly reset when you were on the reverse end of the stacked teams. Calling you a stupid fuck after asking you nice repeatedly to reset doesn't warrant a ban. You abused your admin and that's a fact and it's not the first time you do shit like this all the time. Stop fucking lying. Man up and admit you abused your admin and stop abusing your admin rights in future.
atr0city
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:53 pm

Re: Another example of blatant admin abuse

Postby flowX » Thu Dec 25, 2014 5:24 pm

nope. im not doin any admin abuse and wont do it in the future.
the teams ( captains ) wasnt stacked with danone and me...the pug after captains been unfair so i reseted.

and ye. ur insulting way to much and even more when ur raging like nearly every game.
i wont answer at this topic anymore but getting some hater to post in here to make it look like u got a point for once..doesnt change anything.
flowX
 
Posts: 232
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:59 am

Re: Another example of blatant admin abuse

Postby blade » Thu Dec 25, 2014 6:52 pm

csnafk wrote:
Nick wrote:And yes, there should be a ban for insulting admins. Legit ban imo.

Excluding continuous harassment, this is the most ridiculous thing I've ever read.


I agree with chosen.. people, including admins, need to not get butt-hurt over name-calling. I agree it is disrespectful, but instead of banning, why don't you message the person and tell him/her to stop it or ban them for 5 mins if it is over the top verbal harassment? I can only speak for myself -- I have been called many things over the years in clearly an 'evil' manner (even when I was admin in pug channels in the past), but I let it go. People say stuff when angry or they just might be a scumbag that does not deserve respect, but it does not deem a 12hr ban or 24hr ban or anything close. When I see bans like that, it speaks volumes of how thin-skinned you are and why you should not be put in a position of power to begin with. C'mon people, get over it.

An example (do note this is meant as an example as I am friends with grin).. I had a discussion with grinspoon over this very topic of "name-calling" when he banned somebody for calling me something extremely racist to indians (sand-n*gger slave or something). I am an indian, and I laughed the insult off. Grin bans him and then bans me because I said i took no issue with it (he unbanned me after I messaged him to explain him my philosophy of my approach to these things). I don't use racist slurs or call people "stupid fuckhead" or whatever out of anger or condone it, but if I sat around getting upset over every insult, where would I be? C'mon people, get over it.

As for this situation..
There is so much hypocrisy involved here by all parties. I will go through each party, and I will probably end up making more enemies, but I do not sidestep issues just to play nice.
Heltah - maybe you should message other admins right there and then. I told you this before, but in tough situations, don't go straight to name-calling with ill intentions. You will never win your case that way. You have always been a hothead so remember this.
flowx - Blackout's logs shows clear hypocrisy. You are also not built to be admin if somebody calling you "stupid fuck" gets you that upset. To be an admin, you need tougher skin than that because speaking from personal experience, you will hear those sorts of things very often.
k0n (and others) - If you want this place to succeed in long term & generate revenue, don't put people in power that you have known for 3 years or less. Bad publicity will push potential sponsors/partners away because I guarantee you they will look at these forums first to get a feel for the people of the community & issues. You do not want admin abuse to be one of the issues.
Nick - Are you sure you are not fallacy's clone? He began his short career as an admin through brown-nosing as well.

It might seem harsh, but I tend to lower my expectations of people in situations like these. I apologize if what I typed above gets you upset, but c'mon people, get over it. Merry christmas,
Image

Hope. Inspire. Dream. Live.
User avatar
blade
 
Posts: 251
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:14 am
Location: USA

Re: Another example of blatant admin abuse

Postby massie » Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:22 am

blade man wow couldnt have said it better +10
User avatar
massie
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:57 am

Re: Another example of blatant admin abuse

Postby FALLACY » Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:50 am

blade wrote:Nick - Are you sure you are not fallacy's clone? He began his short career as an admin through brown-nosing as well.


Stop, just seriously please stop. You have no idea what the hell you're talking about. Stop trying to pass off shit that you've made up as fact. Prove at all that I brown-nosed my way to an admin position.
Follow me on ImageImage
User avatar
FALLACY
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:20 am

Re: Another example of blatant admin abuse

Postby Lineage » Fri Dec 26, 2014 2:52 pm

some zpworld shit right here :OWfacepalm:
Lineage
 
Posts: 224
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:29 pm

Re: Another example of blatant admin abuse

Postby kud » Fri Dec 26, 2014 8:23 pm

Image
someone photoshop this to say -10 happiness from admin abuse i'm not even trying anymore lull
ImageImageImage

kud
 
Posts: 315
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:28 pm

Re: Another example of blatant admin abuse

Postby csnafk » Sat Dec 27, 2014 7:21 am

kud wrote:Image
someone photoshop this to say -10 happiness from admin abuse i'm not even trying anymore lull

maybe if you uploaded a readable resolution you fucking casual
Image
Image
csnafk
 
Posts: 278
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:51 pm

Re: Another example of blatant admin abuse

Postby Hinata » Sat Dec 27, 2014 7:55 am

Image
Hinata
 
Posts: 101
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:55 pm

Re: Another example of blatant admin abuse

Postby kevinsan1ty » Sat Dec 27, 2014 12:40 pm

csnafk wrote:
kud wrote:Image
someone photoshop this to say -10 happiness from admin abuse i'm not even trying anymore lull

maybe if you uploaded a readable resolution you fucking casual


Banned from kud's pug channel, bitch.
aka biz<NeO>/bizmonkey

Image
User avatar
kevinsan1ty
 
Posts: 239
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:15 pm
Location: San Diego, CA

Re: Another example of blatant admin abuse

Postby kud » Sat Dec 27, 2014 3:09 pm

resolution seems fine to me I can only assume you're bad. Merry christmas you filthy animal
ImageImageImage

kud
 
Posts: 315
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:28 pm

Re: Another example of blatant admin abuse

Postby HULKSMASH » Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:57 am

kumbaya friends.

Support OwnedWell with four clicks & stay up to date <3.


ImageImageImageImage

Image
HULKSMASH
 
Posts: 792
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:19 pm

Re: Another example of blatant admin abuse

Postby miracle » Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:07 pm

Lol blade, you always put a nail in the coffin. And you hit it dead on. This post was stupid for 3 reasons after i started reading. 1st. Ryan, you knew that this whole topic would of been pointless compared to a paco pm, at least paco would of gave u an answer or something. 2. Flowx is obviously retarted if he thinks bryan is better then exixt, sorry bryan but even u know thats stupid. 3rd. Nick just randomly popping in the topic posting all kinds of admin love for no apparent reason while jd calls him out. Lol this was a great read, but it also gave one of the old school players blade to show some of you guys some freaking insight. If i was as thin skinned as some of u guys; I would of done killed myself 4 years ago when i got charged with my stupid bs. Blade is a good example, hes been called numerous things, and so have I. And you know what; at the end of the day, its a good fucking laugh. If that was what the was actually for then it was retarded. I would of rather you said you banned ryan for disrupting the pug then oo Im thin skinned and i cant take his insults anymore. This is online gaming; go freaking play call of duty on xbox and see how many 13 year olds tell you to go fuck your self all game.. compared to the name calling and shit talking ive seen this is a really mellow version of it. I actually applaud ryan for keeping his cool for that long. The old ryan wouldnt of even asked for a reset he would of just called you out in a heartbeat. o well. You know I like the admin staff but their is 2 people I wouldn't mind seeing removed from the list, just because personally I don't think they are able to be in a position of power.
miracle
 
Posts: 92
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:29 pm

Re: Another example of blatant admin abuse

Postby D4RR3N » Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:15 pm

Blade's Own bar should be at ''Owned Everybody well'' because damn son you can't respawn after such killing
D4RR3N
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:48 pm
Location: Venezuela

Re: Another example of blatant admin abuse

Postby miracle » Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:36 pm

also, I forgot to add onto tonys post. I may think 2 admins shouldn't be put in such a power position, but I do agree with tony, Most of the admins are amazing and some of the admins I wish we had during MLIG days, Like xeno, lineage, hulksmash and some others. The admins that are good at what they do are so helpful and they listen and take feedback and don't let the small things bug them. So I don't want to sound like I was discrediting the admin staff, I think they are all amazing except for 2 but you can't always be perfect anyways. But much thanks to those admins who are around and do what is needed to keep this community going.
miracle
 
Posts: 92
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:29 pm

Re: Another example of blatant admin abuse

Postby PACO » Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:59 pm

blade wrote:a bunch of stuff.....

I've been sick in bed or I would have responded to this nonsense sooner rather than later.

I've taken a lot of verbal abuse and I've also shelled out my fair share. A lot less these days but I'm no stranger to talking shit over the internet. Some people can handle it, others can't. Just because someone can handle it doesn't make it acceptable and turning a blind eye to disgraceful conduct is a one way street to a bad place. This isn't about thin vs thick skin, this is about creating standards and making a friendly enough environment.

On the note of the ban:

(15:01:47) (ryan\) best of luck being broke as fuck, your life is trash and always will be. suicide your best option i recommend taking that option asap

This isn't ryan's first rodeo with going off on admins and treating them like shit (that's just a small snippet of a tirade). The people adminning the pug channel are donating their time, money (in some cases) and patience. This isn't a call center but if it was, all of the admins would have my blessing to hang up the phone and hit the +b whenever players get out of line.

Not everyone is treated equally because not everyone behaves equally. The logs themselves that lead to the ban were fairly tame but they are magnified based on previous comments and infractions.

Bad publicity will push potential sponsors/partners away because I guarantee you they will look at these forums first to get a feel for the people of the community & issues.

To generate revenue, this place would need to grow immensely. If it grows immensely, there will be an even bigger circus. That is why it is extremely important to build a stable foundation from the beginning and make it abundantly clear what the expectations are for the community. No racism, no excessive harassment, no toxic behavior.

You think a sponsor wants to get behind people who call others "sand n*gger monkeys"? Just because you yourself are able to brush it off, doesn't mean it's acceptable and doesn't mean that we will allow it.

http://www.pcgamer.com/two-league-of-le ... -behavior/

People get banned. People lose sponsorships. Any respectable organization does not ascribe to the mantra: it's just the internet. That view is dated and a lot of people are struggling to come to terms with it.

If two people who can handle shit talking want to go toe to toe.. I don't mind people blowing off steam. If someone is bullying someone.. it's not funny, it's an issue. If people make things personal and cross lines.. it's an issue. If someone is spewing racism.. it's an issue. If people don't like this, they can take it up with me.

I'll end this post by saying that I vehemently disagree with the theme and points in your post blade. mrgrins knew what he was doing. I'm happy that your skin is thick but this is about more than just you.
User avatar
PACO
 
Posts: 865
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:15 am

Re: Another example of blatant admin abuse

Postby Hinata » Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:33 pm

THEINCREDIBLEPACO wrote:The people adminning the pug channel are donating their time, money (in some cases) and patience.

This is the part I don't understand. This is not because someone does something good to the community that he's allowed to abuse them.
Because a policeman works for your security, he's allowed to rekt you? No.
There is a reason why Police oversight exists...
Hinata
 
Posts: 101
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:55 pm

Re: Another example of blatant admin abuse

Postby PACO » Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:43 pm

Hinata wrote:
THEINCREDIBLEPACO wrote:The people adminning the pug channel are donating their time, money (in some cases) and patience.

This is the part I don't understand. This is not because someone does something good to the community that he's allowed to abuse them.
Because a policeman works for your security, he's allowed to rekt you? No.
There is a reason why Police oversight exists...

and there is a reason that I hold admins to account.. there are a lot of discussions that you don't see because I keep things behind the scenes. Should admins be able to abuse their powers? Absolutely not. Have admins made mistakes before? Yes. Are admins held accountable? Yes. If people see abuse of power, message me and lets talk about it. If it's grey area he-said-she-said, then I'm not as interested.
User avatar
PACO
 
Posts: 865
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:15 am

Re: Another example of blatant admin abuse

Postby atr0city » Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:28 am

Don't fully agree with what you said. Firstly, it's kinda bs to post a log that wasn't even directed at the admin in question. Yes, I went off on shots a while back there it was after I took I think my third ridiculous bullshit ban in a row in one weeks time and it pushed me over the edge.

I had a discussion with you privately in regards to all that, and fully understand I went overboard that day and it's something that I have no intention on doing in future.

I understand your reasoning for posting that, you're wanting to paint a picture to justify what FlowX did was right (I think so anyway). Now look, the main purpose of me making this thread in the first place was in the hope that firstly it would hopefully lead to admins thinking twice before overacting and abusing their power in future. And secondly, to allow others in the community to provide their own opinions and insight into the current admin situation that we have.

The end goal, believe it or not of myself is not to create some shit storm but to have a solid team of admins who are there for the right reasons, and use their admin responsibility in the right way. I'm sure you can agree, that based on the logs of the actual event in question here that what happened should not have resulted in a ban at all; And that admin rights were abused here even if it's not in a major way.

Perhaps I should have pm'd you first in regards to this, but I felt it was time others in the community expressed some of their thoughts in regards to the current admin team.

All of your comments in regards to sponsorship and things like this are all very correct, and it's not just about the community acting in the correct way it's heavily on the admin team as well.

You've had essentially the same admin list for a very long time, and it needs to be revamped. There are several current admins who provide literally nothing to the community by either being 100% inactive and will just ignore any pm they receive and never being around. Or, not being responsible enough to have those admin rights and abusing the admin right they have. This is not an opinion, it's a fact.

I'm not saying the admin team should be blown up, but it could and should be re-worked a bit. There are a lot of responsible, active people who I think would do a great job over many of the current people on the list.

Don't really want to comment any further, didn't really expect or intend on this thread to be going on for this long.

Let's all try to get along. <3 :OWpacorage:
atr0city
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:53 pm

Re: Another example of blatant admin abuse

Postby Hermione » Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:13 am

atr0city wrote:I'm not saying the admin team should be blown up, but it could and should be re-worked a bit. There are a lot of responsible, active people who I think would do a great job over many of the current people on the list.


This^. Most of the admins here are cool, but a select few are often seen abusing their powers, and some are biased towards others, ive seen many examples of admins kicking out players for no reason out of the channel and doing many nonsense. I personally dont agree with their actions because they are not the head admin of ipug and what they are doing is giving the community a bad name and making the admin team look bad. Thing is, there is alot of admins, but 75% of them are afk or idle, and the rest have no idea what their doing, and most of us know who these admins are. A good idea would be to replace the inferior admins with new ones that are unbiased and have a healthy attitutude in the community. ex.. Hatchet etc.. etc..
Image
User avatar
Hermione
banned
 
Posts: 269
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:25 am
Location: Burlington, Vermont

Re: Another example of blatant admin abuse

Postby flowX » Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:24 am

That topic was about ryans 6 hour ban for insulting ...Seen that many times and thats Not about admins or normal players.its overall Bad to see someone always Flaming and insulting people...Thats whats looking Bad from Outside ..Not the admin timebanning for that.

im admin of pug Channels. .cb. ..publics and many other stuff Since over 10 years now.if i wouldnt be able to stay unbiased or calm then i wouldnt have done that stuff from my side. .

If u dont agree to Actions from other admins..pm paco but dont bring it up at a topic about me.thx

Gl for the New year everybody
flowX
 
Posts: 232
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:59 am

Re: Another example of blatant admin abuse

Postby bug » Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:37 am

Instead of banning ryan, flowx should've removed him from the pug and declared a pugwise-ban (isn't this available anymore?) and give him a warning. Supposingly ryan wouldn't have stopped insulting him, a ban might be appropiate by then imo.

Otherwise this ban-action looks like a very personally counterstrike to me and ryan might take profit of it (like in one of the past sdom pugs when ryan refused to trade a player against flowx' team).

flowx if you wanna show your calm personality, act as a calm person in such cases.
Image
User avatar
bug
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:01 am

Re: Another example of blatant admin abuse

Postby Hermione » Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:32 am

Flowx my post isnt towards you, i think your an ok admin and you have never shown me disrespect or bias towards me, im talking about some others.
Image
User avatar
Hermione
banned
 
Posts: 269
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:25 am
Location: Burlington, Vermont

Re: Another example of blatant admin abuse

Postby rev » Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:12 pm

Herimione, you are a troll. Your name is a troll. Your personality is a troll. I've heard you say you switch your name to things like "little princess" so that you can troll other people when they say it.. If your complete persona is trolling and trying to get people upset, not only are you a piece of shit, but other people are not going to like you and treat you as such. You should never be complaining about how other people treat you until you stop acting how you act. It's self inflicted.

Anyways, flowx in general is a good admin. This instance shows a clear lapse of judgement. Bottom line, there needs to be more good, active admins. Maybe paco should suggest 3-4 names and the community should vote?
rev
 
Posts: 159
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:56 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Pugchannel(s)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron