[FACTIONS.I] FINAL INFO

Jump to: Board indexGamesUT99Leagues & Tournaments

[FACTIONS.I] FINAL INFO

Postby PACO » Sat May 23, 2015 5:13 am

What was I expecting? 8 teams.. What was I hoping for? 16 teams.. What did we end up with? Something in the middle. The first three teams to sign up were given BYEs through the first round. Availability for the tournament was always labelled as a being on a first come first serve basis and these teams automatically clinched a berth in the second round (pending no more teams joining the tournament). The seeding was all done randomly and if lady luck was able to shine down on you.. great. If she didn't.. well then she must not like you. Win or go home, it's the name of the game. The bracket will be on the website and will feature a match result page.

Signups close at 12pm EST this Sunday so if you would like to sign up and play.. JOIN IMMEDIATELY (http://www.ownedwell.com/Tournaments/UT99/FACTIONS_I) and start searching for a team. There are many great players still looking for homes.

Times/Maps:

Initially the tournament was going to start at 2:30pm EST/3:00pm EST. We were going to run a BO3 BO1 BO1 BO3 however after giving some teams BYEs in the first round, an initial problem reemerged. We don't want people forming teams and being instantly eliminated in a BO1, we want teams to play a real series. This meant that we are adding a BO3 in the second round and with a BO3 in the first, second and fourth round, it seemed silly to have a single BO1 in a crucial third round.

The tournament will now start at 2:00pm EST/7:00pm GMT/8:00pm CET and it will be BO3 throughout. The map picks will be as follows:

BO3 Round 1: Gauntlet, NIX, Adonis, Elsinore, CampLinfort
BO3 Round 2: Nuance, NIX, Adonis, New Command, CollarDreams
BO3 Round 3: Gauntlet, Nuance, Elsinore, CollarDreams, CampLinfort
BO3 Round 4: Adonis, NIX, Elsinore, CampLinfort, Nuance, Gauntlet, New Duku, New Sprinta, New Command

Round 1-3: A eliminates 1, B eliminates 1, A picks 1, B picks 1, remaining map is TB.
Round 4: A eliminates 2, B eliminates 2, A eliminates 1, B eliminates 1, A picks 1, B picks 1, remaining map is TB.

Team A and B will be sorted by a coin flip in an IRC channel and it will be done by the match admin.

Current Teams:

HAE BAE: rain Monk tylerofl Xenoscythe biz HULKSMASH

[choc]: rummy ramdrop n0b knockoutdad crux kcus whitechoc

risus hates humpty: rev risus sonic xhackz lp crunk n0mer

BAN: jyb InfamousRaider riven kyaxiz flowX Pun mprs

PIZZA CLAN: HuMPtY PACO bbz bug Palak PanterA acrofl

[Noobs]:Spriggan Hertz Mike Botti Vodka Squall Cool

Alpha Q: Serenity Dewsick reflex Dray Darkside Jinn rAvje

MEN: SunnY Finalz Mp5 NakedMan rasta-man holdr

Team FEBREZE: csn blackout scott massie snky FLYNN Steel

Morning Star: snap rapture rickjames exixt bas

NimbleMinds: Kanzi Diptie Beastz Max_odb Faminka

Vicious Manbabies: Miracle Hatchet Kengzta Marky Annihilator Elite Ninjagaiden

Mystery Men: Supreme spydee krazyaim Sponge Scream Hermione krm

----

All servers have the updated maps. The tournament will be on a strict schedule and if teams do not turn up, they will be forfeited. We would love to see everyone play but not at the expense of stalling this event. The stream will go live at around 1:40pm EST @ http://www.twitch.tv/ownedwell and m3ss and PACO will be your commentators for the day. TAM finals will also be getting streamed at the conclusion of this event.

Good luck have fun shoot the guns. Any questions/comments/concerns.. feel free to put them in the questions/comments/concerns suggestion box or write them here or pm me on IRC.

PACO
PACO

Re: [FACTIONS.I] FINAL INFO

Postby RickJames » Sat May 23, 2015 6:07 am

we're listed twice
RickJames

Postby Darkside » Sat May 23, 2015 6:29 am

server selection?

since ddos'ing is running rampant on non-ip7 servers, what's the plan if something happens mid game?
Darkside

Postby ScReaM » Sat May 23, 2015 6:50 am

ScReaM

Postby ScReaM » Sat May 23, 2015 6:51 am

and yes morning stars are in 2 times
ScReaM

Postby InfamousRaider » Sat May 23, 2015 6:57 am

InfamousRaider

Postby risus` » Sat May 23, 2015 3:08 pm

Hmmmmm.... How peculiar :lol:
risus`

Postby PACO » Sat May 23, 2015 3:54 pm

Thanks for catching that. I was bleary eyed while pasting names into the bracket. I'm hearing rumblings that there might be another 1-2 teams signing up. Stay tuned.
PACO

Postby Sm0k3al0t » Sat May 23, 2015 6:15 pm

I'm still looking for a team!!!
Sm0k3al0t

Postby Feisar » Sun May 24, 2015 6:26 am

Free agent situation?
Feisar

Return to Leagues & Tournaments