biz's shitty attempt at a writeup

Jump to: Board indexGamesUT99Leagues & Tournaments

biz's shitty attempt at a writeup

Postby kevinsan1ty » Thu May 21, 2015 5:46 pm

Couple of our servers are down at the office, so I figured I'd take a quick stab at a write-up while all the plebs try to fix shit. :OWfacepalm:

First of all, thank you to the teams who actually formed with the $42 in mind.

Second, I tried to hit $42 with each team. Some players are obviously better than others, but if you had $4 left, the $4 player plays.

The positions are a crap shoot, but are based on pugs I've played with these players and guesswork. Some of these players I'm not familiar with, so I took guesses.

Team's not in ranking order. For what it's worth (not much more than a fucking double cheeseburger at McDonald's), my 4 favorites based on the lineups are: MEN, risus hates humpty, Nameless, and [choc].

rain ($14), Monk ($12), tylerofl ($8), Xenoscythe ($8), biz ($4), HULKSMASH ($4)

Probable starting 5
Defense: rain and HULKSMASH ($18)
Offense: Monk, tylerofl, biz ($24)

Strengths: Two powerhouse players in rain and Monk.
Weaknesses: biz and HULKSMASH's lack of frag power
Overall impression: tylerofl is underrated. Good comms, which will help with the new maplist. Rain will probably have to carry pretty hard. If Monk can play anywhere near his normal capability, this team can make some noise. Contribution of tylerofl/Xeno is crucial to this team's chances.

rummy ($12), ramdrop ($12), n0b ($10), knockoutdad ($8), crux ($4), kcus ($4), whitechoc ($8)

Probable starting 5
Defense: ramdrop and crux ($16)
Offense: Rummy, n0b/knockoutdad/whitechoc, kcus ($22-24)

Strengths: ramdrop doesn't miss a shot ever, and rummy can change a game in the blink of an eye
Weaknesses: Inactivity/meltdown factor
Overall impression: This team looks exceptionally strong on paper, and crux and kcus are incredible bargains at $4, as I think they're better than a ton of players in the tier above them. That gives them some flexibility in setting a lineup for each map. The meltdown factor could be strong with this group if things go south, but I expect them to be a contender.

rev ($8), risus ($10), sonic ($12), xhackz ($4), lp ($8), crunk ($8), nomer

Probable starting 5
Defense: risus and lp ($18)
Offense: Sonic, Rev, xhackz ($24)

Strengths: Risus and Sonic are both very good, and active.
Weaknesses: Can xhackz contribute more than some jokes on TS and pointless DMing? :OWcaca:
Overall impression: I don't think this team has any weaknesses, and I think they'll contend as well. Sonic is a top 5 offensive player, but if his teammates aren't playing well, it can get pretty sour pretty quick. This team has a high ceiling, but I could also see them melting down. Can Risus anchor a defense, or will his computer take a shit on this team's chances?

jyb ($12), InfamousRaider ($12), riven ($12), kyaxiz ($8), flowX ($8), Pun ($2)

Probable starting 5
Defense: jyb and flowX ($20)
Offense: IR, kyaxiz, Pun ($22)

Strengths: jyb/IR/riven are all fragging monsters when on their game
Weaknesses: Pun, and neither flowx nor kyaxiz are pugging currently
Overall impression: any team with 2 out of 3 of IR/jyb/riven has a good chance in this format. I'm confident jyb can unrust quickly, but IR has played a couple of pugs recently and hasn't looked close to his normal self. If he can unrust by Sunday, this team could be a tough out.

HuMPtY ($10) PACO (guessing $10) bbz ($10) bug ($10) Palak ($8) pwnage ($4) acrofl

Probable starting 5
Defense: bug and pwnage ($14)
Offense: Humpty, Palak, PACO ($28)

Strengths: no real weak spots in the lineup, as pwnage is more an $8 than a $4 player
Weaknesses: no true anchor player that I can see
Overall impression: All of their players are good, and they should work well together. But inactivity from pretty much everyone, and the lack of a true anchor player could harm their chances. There's tons of CTF smarts in the team, which could make up for the lack of firepower from an anchor player.

Spriggan ($10) Hertz Mike Botti Vodka ($4) Squall Cool ($4)

Probable starting 5
No clue as half these fuckers aren’t signed up

Strengths: JAJAJAJAJA
Weaknesses: They will probably bring down the internet in their village from all of them being logged on at once
Overall impression: Half of them aren't even signed up. Some good aim in this team.

Serenity ($14) Dewsick ($12) reflex ($8) Dray ($4) Darkside ($8) Jinn ($4) rAvje ($2)

Probable starting 5
Defense: Serenity and reflex ($22)
Offense: Dewsick, Jinn, Dray ($20)

Strengths: Serenity, when happy, is the best player in the game. Dewsick is right up there as well.
Weaknesses: Serenity, when pissed, can torpedo a team's morale like no other. Their fifth player will also be one of the weaker fifths in the tourney.
Overall impression: Serenity and Dewsick together could spell trouble. Reflex also gets along with those two incredibly well (and shoots 40 acc without breaking a sweat), so morale shouldn't be a problem. Jinn has apparently been playing better with his new setup, so he could be a bargain at $4. I think their fifth could hold them back, but Dewsick is enough on offense to blow any defense up. Keep an eye on this group.

SunnY ($12) Finalz ($12) Mp5 ($12) NakedMan ($2) rasta-man ($2) holdr ($4)

Probable starting 5
Defense: Finalz Mp5 ($24)
Offense: Sunny, NakedMan, holdr ($18)

Strengths: Finalz and Mp5 is probably the best defense out of all the teams signed up. Finalz is a steal at $12, and MP5 can frag with most players. Sunny is a top offensive player on any map, especially these small, frenetic ones that will be in the tourney.
Weaknesses: NakedMan/Rasta-man and holdr
Overall impression: That first three is incredibly good, and all of them are very smart CTF players and top fraggers. Can the other two players contribute enough? That will be the x-factor for this group. Their defense will keep them in every map.

csn ($8) blackout ($12) scott ($8) massie ($10) snky ($12) FLYNN ($4) Steel ($12)

Probable starting 5
I'm having trouble coming up with a combo that comes in under $42 and makes sense.

Strengths: blackout/snky/Steel are all active powerhouses. Every player on the roster is good. Their teamspeak should be funny.
Weaknesses: They can't fit all 3 of the above in to a lineup (unless they play with only 4 players). csn and snky probably hungover on Sunday. Blackout will have burrito shits.
Overall impression: On full roster talent, this may be the best group. But with the salary cap, they're going to have to get creative. One of blackout/Steel should always be playing, as they can both be anchor defense, and one of Steel/snky should be the anchor offense. Massie is a good second defender, but is expensive at $10 for this team. csn and scott can both do it all, but at $8 they're puzzle pieces at this point.

snap ($12) rapture ($10) rickjames ($8) exixt ($8) bas ($4)

Probable starting 5
Defense: snap and rickjames ($20)
Offense: rapture, exixt, bas ($22)

Strengths: snap is a beast, and rickjames is a good second defender in this format
Weaknesses: Inactivity on offense
Overall impression: Any team with snap is off to a good start. He's smart and can frag with the best of them. I don't see any of these guys pugging, other than RJ occasionally and exixt. They could be lost on the newer maps, though I expect RJ will do his homework ahead of time. They could surprise.

Miracle ($8) Hatchet (I assume $12) Kengzta ($10) Marky ($8) Annihilator ($8) Elite ($4) Ninjagaiden ($2)

Probable starting 5
Defense: Annihilator and Miracle ($16)
Offense: Hatchet, Kengzta, E|ite ($26)

Strengths: Hatchet can cut any defense apart. Most accurate team name.
Weaknesses: No anchor defender, Miracle's whining could make their TS toxic.
Overall impression: Hatchet can carry this team, and all of Kengzta/Marky/Annihilator are very good complimentary players, each with their own strengths. They probably can't get all three out there at once, which means Miracle and Elite will have to step up. If Miracle can match his $8 rating, it will help. If he changes his name to MIRACLE`TIREDANDPLAYINGLIKESHIT, this team could be in trouble.
aka biz<NeO>/bizmonkey

kevinsan1ty

Re: biz's shitty attempt at a writeup

Postby risus` » Thu May 21, 2015 11:31 pm

Good writeup biz. A shitty writeup = a good writeup.

This is the first time I have actually seen some insight in to the faction teams. Should be a good time.
risus`

Postby Darkside » Fri May 22, 2015 12:04 pm

nice job bizzyb
Darkside

Postby RickJames » Fri May 22, 2015 4:08 pm

Lotsa positions off (doubt flowx, mp5, pwnage, etc would be defenders) but fun read nonetheless!
RickJames

Postby PACO » Fri May 22, 2015 5:14 pm

Entertaining read. Far from shitty but pics will make em pretty. Love seeing stuff like this from the community.. it gets my juices flowing.
PACO

Postby HULKSMASH » Fri May 22, 2015 5:36 pm

GOOT STUFF!!!

Support OwnedWell with four clicks & stay up to date <3.

HULKSMASH

Postby Lineage » Fri May 22, 2015 8:14 pm

well played biz, well played
Lineage

Return to Leagues & Tournaments