aMp vs MoooOOOOooo dev game

Jump to: Board indexGamesUT99Leagues & Tournaments

aMp vs MoooOOOOooo dev game

Postby Cromaniac » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:42 am

Hello, i'm making this post little late, cus i was kinda blind past days, and probably most of you don't care anymore. Nevertheless, i don't want people (specially Sauron who even wasn't in the game) to talk more bs about the issue that happened in our dev game vs amp. What admins decided to do with our match was the most fair thing to do - to reset the last 4 minutes of game with amp being in 5 point lead. Thinking head admin would prefer winning a match over running a fair community is utterly disrespectful. I would never play for a team that would win matches unjustly.

If you don't know the story: With about 4.5 minutes remaining, huge pl affected all players on the server. Ampbition then started to take the lead, by 20ish points, in what was, until then, very close game. We asked to repeat last 4.5 minute as they were unplayable, but they were of course against it, as they took the lead.

Here are some of their bs arguments: (EDIT: This doesn't concern what happened before the decision of admins was made. It's normal at that time to question eachothers claims. These are all claims made after NakedMan agreed on it, by multiple people on irc. Some who sparked it the most, like Sauron who said every one of these, and others who just accepted it as facts.)

"Packet loss hit everyone" so the game can still be validated as fair, with everyone fighting under same terms. It doesn't matter that someone had 60, another 20. It's all the same. It doesn't matter that someone won't get affected while boosting his teamplayer to amp, when another will get affected when trying to stop that boost.
When this happened, it all became a luck game. There is really nothing more to say about it and nothing anyone can disagree on, with good arguments behind it.

"Packet loss ended after 30 secs (according to nakedman) 2 mins (according to Sauron)" Pl didn't end, at all. At least for us. I'm actually very curious to see how much were they really affected by it. I invite them to upload their demos. Our players gave up, disconnected, tried to pause, while they kept playing normally. They boosted for the amp, they killed me with no problem, and claimed how it ended very soon.

"The lead didn't happen during the incident" They claimed that the lead wasn't by just 5 points when incident happened. Decision was actually generous, as they were 3 points ahead.

When they agreed on decision they wanted "Pete with amp and keg" at the start because "he got them before pl hit in" (EDIT: Again, NakedMan agreed later to Pete not having amp and keg, but after the decision his teammates Sauron and Pete still claimed he should've had them) Firstly, I'm not even sure how they imagined how that would be done. Where would they position pete, and where other players? Every other power up would also be free to take. Really fair suggestion, NOT TO MENTION, he didn't get amp before pl. He got it 1 minute after the start of it, while rev wasn't even playing, while my shots on sponge weren't even registering. He also didn't get the keg, he got belt 30 seconds after he got amp.

So, unlike Sauron, who just enjoys talking crap without any knowledge on the subject, here is a video that proves what i'm saying is true. (watch it on youtube with higher quality) And here is a demo, in case you want to check things more thoroughly. https://www.sendspace.com/file/zdodrb

In the video i remove smart stats view at the moment it happens. You can see the time is correct and that they have 3 point lead. You can see Pete getting amp 1 minute after. You'll have to check the demo to see that he doesn't get keg. At 32 seconds in the video, you can clearly see rev is not playing moments before pete gets the amp, and that he is not playing While Pete gets the amp, again you have to check the demo. Finally you can see that pl is not stopping.

Conversation in the server goes:

M.rev.oooOOOooo!: should i go or what?
M.Cro.oooOOOooo!: this needs to be restarted to 5 m,in
NakedMan'aMp: no its not
NakedMan'aMp: pl is down
M.jyb.oooOOOooo!: it was 5 point game when i d/c
M.Cro.oooOOOooo!: yes, thats when 60 pl hit in
M.jyb.oooOOOooo!: 230-235
NakedMan'aMp: it hit for all of us
NakedMan'aMp: not just you
M.Cro.oooOOOooo!: idc, that doesnt matter at all
M.Cro.oooOOOooo!: game with 60 pl doesnt count
M.rev.oooOOOooo!: should i start it or what?
NakedMan'aMp: pl was for 30 seconds

In the end, i don't blame nakedman and his team in trying to just take the win. If pl really did stop for them or wasn't so severe, they couldn't know it didn't stop for us. Thank you NakedMan for agreeing with the decision in the end. I just don't understand you Sauron. Talking so much crap, when you were not even in the server. Saying how admins didn't even bother to check the demos, while you did? Shame that logs from irc got deleted by now, but i'm sure people will remember.
Last edited by Cromaniac on Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
Cromaniac

Re: aMp vs MoooOOOOooo dev game

Postby Junkyardboy » Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:34 am

Here are some points that I'd like to reaffirm to what Cro said:

The claim was they had a 15 point dom point lead prior to packet loss, packetloss started when it was only a 3 point difference.

They claimed server only paused when it was a 15 point dom point lead. I disconnected from the server and the score read 235-230.

stats from the actual stats page show that there was only a 5 point difference at 16:01.

No amp was taken before the pause.

The amp was taken while I was not even in the server.

The most annoying factor was the argument:
-we left the server, not them so we should receive the forfeit loss
-that we only restart the map at 4.5mins only if pete was given amp and keg.
-Wasted everyone's time
-people point fingers at each other when the real culprit was the server(s) running poorly.

I think most people are over for it, but it's good you made a post Cro to clear everything up. The video is a great illustration that disproves any of their arguments they were trying to make.

Good luck to the remaining players in the playoffs, Let's hope for smooth week next week.
Last edited by Junkyardboy on Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Junkyardboy

Postby Sauron » Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:36 am

I said no one checked the demos (what should have been done). With 4:47 remaining I see Sponge with 42% PL and JYB with 8% PL and we had a 7 point lead.
Unfortunately, it is not fair to just start the game at 5 minutes left with x points for each team. There is a thing called momentum and flow and can't be replicated. Our team was slowly gaining points as the game progressed (had a weak start). We clearly had an advantage going into the last part of the game, so in the end we got f'd.
Sauron

Postby Nick » Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:47 am

You guys had a 3 point lead. Look back the demo's before talking. Also Pete didn't have the amp at the time.

Heres some of the log:
]23][37[ (@rev[102-0]) a reasonable compromise has to be come to
]23][37[ (+Sauron`) it had pl for 2 minutes
]23][37[ (+Sauron`) and you left
]23][37[ (+Sens) they got the win freom that moment
]23][37[ (+Sauron`) like a fucking baby
]23][37[ (@rev[102-0]) w/e
]23][37[ (@rev[102-0]) im done
]23][37[ (@rev[102-0]) ggs
]23][37[ (+Sauron`) you are an idiot
]23][37[ (+Pete) as you should be
]23][37[ (Cromaniac) those 2 min got you +20 lead, eod
]23][38[ (+Sauron`) no it didnt
]23][38[ (+jyb) it did
]23][38[ (+jyb) lol
]23][38[ (+jyb) u wern't even in the server
]23][38[ (+Sauron`) was a 12 point game when it was paused
]23][38[ (+Sauron`) fucking retard
]23][38[ (+jyb) it was
]23][38[ (+jyb) a 5 points game
]23][38[ (+Sauron`) prove it
]23][38[ (Cromaniac) lol easy
]23][38[ (+GIZZ) upload ur demo cro
]23][38[ (Cromaniac) we all have demos

I could copy - paste more of anguis insulting and flaming admins without even knowing what actually happened if needed.
Nick

Postby Cromaniac » Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:48 am

Actually, it was our momentum. Also seen from the video. You were in the lead by 15ish. we brought it to 3 ;D
Cromaniac

Postby Sauron » Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:54 am

Gizmo no one asked you. 3 point lead? In Cro's own youtube video we had a 7 point lead right at the start, with Sponge at 42% PL. That isn't 3 points. That isn't 5 points. When it was paused (and you can look through IRC logs for this) there was a 12 point differential via querying from IRC. It may have been paused more than once, but what I said is not untrue.
Sauron

Postby Cromaniac » Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:07 pm

Umm you can see in my demo that sponge had 400 ping occurring from the beginning just like jyb had 10% pl. However, none of the captains asked for complete replay. so that isn't the issue here.
Cromaniac

Postby Sauron » Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:27 pm

Sauron

Postby PACO » Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:56 pm

It's always nice to see dishonesty rear its ugly head. I'm still appalled by a lot of the actions and comments made this past Sunday.
PACO

Postby Monk » Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:42 pm

Cromaniac you're new so you probably haven't learnt this yet but Angus' goal of complaining about everything will not be hindered by facts, logic or reasoning. He is an unstoppable juggernaut of wah wah.
Monk

Postby Viperzz^ » Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:55 pm

Such a sad individual... PACO you did the right thing :)
Viperzz^

Postby miracle » Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:17 pm

miracle

Postby csnafk » Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:54 pm

csnafk

Postby rev » Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:56 pm

GJ posting this and having the admins back Cro. Angus, the more you stick to this crazy POV, the more credibility you lose. Just admit you were wrong and move on.
rev

Postby Sauron » Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:27 pm

I was wrong about what exactly? I wanted the demo reviewed to determine the scores and time. You wanted to use a graph which has a tendency of inaccuracies.
Sauron

Postby kud » Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:36 pm

obviously the demo should've been reviewed to determine when pl started, what the score was, if a team had amp control, how many minutes to replay etc. Going from memory wouldn't be a good call. Sauron and pete were being douchenuggets in irc though, and that did them no favours in regards to garnering sympathy to get the decision reviewed. Saw some very immature attitudes in irc.

Really though, let it go. amp was still seeded first in their division, and mooooo had no trouble milking throw'm down owned well for points in their reg match, so scream's team had no chance of catching them. I can understand discussing the rules if the current wording can be improved on, or edge cases need to be covered, but keep it civil god damn.
ImageImageImage
kud

Postby krm` » Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:49 pm

conspiracies. :OWgrinsgasm:
krm`

Postby NakedMan » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:15 pm

What a pointless thread ...
I haven't claimed the lead didn't happen FOR SURE during the accident , I said I wanted to check it on my demo , my demo ended up crashing and freezing my laptop , after the reboot stats were up and once I checked the stats I agreed upon the 5 point thingy. Regarding pete having an amp after we play it out again , it was my mistake as at that time I thought we had the amp before the PL and that is why I was defending it , your reason however to decline it was not based on any factual evidence(as demos were not part of the discussion) and you never even claimed at that time he got hold of the amp after the PL. And finally playing the victim card and claiming we were trying to screw you out of victory is bs as we were already in the playoffs since RJ forfeit his dev map , I was trying to get this over with as I wanted my players at least to derive some fun from their reg game(which ended up being not played).

If you wanna have a meaningful discussion about how stuff like that should be handled in the future than lets do it as its important to learn from , but so far the only use of this thread has been to post half the story and serve as an incentive to bash my team mates , gj on that cro.
NakedMan

Postby Cromaniac » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:13 pm

Cromaniac

Postby KNOCKOUTDAD » Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:02 am

KNOCKOUTDAD

Postby NakedMan » Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:37 am

NakedMan

Postby bug » Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:08 am

Maybe too late aswell but well:
Thanks for waiting on the server oooOOOooo. Other captains would have taken the forfeit win straightaway.
bug

Postby n0b » Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:05 am

n0b

Postby Cromaniac » Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:14 am

Cromaniac

Postby PACO » Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:23 pm

PACO

Return to Leagues & Tournaments