[sDOM.I] ★Rankings by a reigning champion★

Jump to: Board indexGamesUT99Leagues & Tournaments

[sDOM.I] ★Rankings by a reigning champion★

Postby HULKSMASH » Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:21 pm

What does this team need to do in order to win?:

Potential dangers?:
Viperz' mum takes away his computer for overhearing him say bad words on Team Speak.

FALLACY’s potency leads him to babylapping with two babies at the same time.
RickJames has difficulty

Morpheus rage quits season after realising they ‘RUINED’ CG-Dungeon by adding pads in the jail cell with his famous last words being “FUCK YOU GUUUUIIIIISE”.

Overall thoughts on team:
Should have gone full Euro.

jk.

Viperz was an incredibly good first pick, but it was a bit of a risk picking up both Morpheus and FALLACY as they both lack in sDOM knowledge and experience. The one thing they do have going for them is their incredible frag power - possibly even the highest fragging team. RickJames has also been playing well lately and can hold his own quite well now. Will RickJames be able to teach his young padawans the ways of the force in time for Sunday? I doubt it. But maybe he won't need to play this Sunday... depending on whether Miracle might have some difficulty getting getting his Stormtroopers arranged.

With only a week to go till Match day and 0 pugs sighted yet from Bleh, Nob or Lockpick… (and honestly… 0 anticipated for the remainder of the week)... outlook is grim.
Admittedly players like Bleh and Nob seem to still put up impressive performances without any practice, so maybe they'll be alright.

Miracle also needs to fix his UT so HULKSMASH can safely poke him without crashing it and thus upsetting him for the rest of the match. (Jk <3)

Potential dangers?:
A very likely scenario is that at match time their irc channel is deserted at matchtime. Bleh hungover from last night’s party. Nob fell asleep after coding the website for 14 hours straight. Lockpick lost track of time during his bicycle ride... And meanwhile Miracle himself is still lighting a candle in church in hopes of some divine intervention and that his team will mend their unreliable ways.
Let’s be honest. If they’re all around and active, they’ll probably be amazing. The keyword being if. With 3 questionable cards of the same suit, Miracle took quite the gamble going all in when he’s not sure if they are aces or eights… We’re definitely interested to see how this plays out when he plays RickJames’ in Reg this Sunday- another gambler of equivalent calibre.

Invent cloning device.
Fly to the UK.
Clone ramdrop.
Play with three ramdrops.

Potential dangers?:
Ramdrop unable to practice new maps due to ‘questionable aliasing’ during pugs. Scream disappears during his ice fishing marathon. In all seriousness: lack of a solid fourth.

Scream and Ramdrop seem inseparable at this point as this is the third time in a row that they’ve teamed up together. Though they haven’t quite managed a crown yet. they say third time’s a charm? Ramdrop is currently one of the strongest 1v1 players and a great asset to this team but it’s likely he will have to carry his team to victory! And after rage quitting TS the other day due to not ‘receiving enough assistance’ on statues… we’re not entirely sure he’ll be able to carry that much of a load. Sens can carry some of the weight and be a strong support for 1v1 spots once he takes the rust off, but it seems like the 4v4 matchups are not in this team’s favor.

A rather large, anonymous, donation to the ACT ensuring that they lay off Cromaniac. Just until the end of the season.

Potential dangers?:
risus drafted for a CS GO league. Jyb’s wife talks to him while he is 1 kill shy of a godlike. Forfeit due to PACO not having finished his 7th bowl of cereal in time.

First thoughts: What was JYB thinking with that PACO pick up? He used to be well known , but apparently he is unable to do this since the introduction of the lift. This team will probably do well in the frag department, possibly even be efficient and consistent at tagging the points quickly. Due to their disastrous timing skills, we can’t really see them successful timing any pick ups. (If PACO’s brb5min last 2 hours, can you imagine him timing a 55 second belt for his team?) When things go well, points are all taken, it will be smooth sailing. However when the enemy will time amps, belts, armours and kegs better and ends up destroying them... we're expecting some major rage. Would definitely pay $5 for front row seats on Team Speak.

All buy stopwatches so they can actually time things. Get rain and paleface to pug more.

Potential dangers?:
Csn too drunk/tired from work to actually show up (probability about 90%). Rain+paleface end up traveling to asia seeking to get pulip back from his trip. 2/4 of his starters rather inexperienced.

It was pretty surprising seeing TGP compadre csn drafting paleface in the first round when players like ravonix, cromaniac and bug were still on the board, but csn was actually baiting a bigger fish for his 2nd pick: Rain. Everybody knows rain for his ictf abilities but not so much for sDOM. This also meant he was not ranked as high as he normally is. Csn used that to his advantage and basically went for the buy 1 get 1 free package deal (rain and paleface are either in a consensual homosexual relationship, or brothers from another mother. Not sure which one). Rain's frag power might be enough to compensate his lack of experience in the mod + self confessed inability to time. Csn and xeno have both proved in the past season that they can go vs top tier players and do good. The question mark might be paleface and his ability to actually control the point, rather than outfrag the other players on his spot. Interesting team to say the least.

Make sure snky isnt kidnapped to peru towards playoffs time. Invest in internet that costs more than $1 a month. Erase ulo’s memories for the last sdom season he played.

Potential dangers?:
Snky’s poor activity so far. Monk’s connection sabotaged by the dominicans again.

Monk was very fortunate to have ravonix available as a 1st pick considering the pick order in the draft. You might even say he has the strongest two players you could possibly combine. The main question mark for this team will be snky. Will he show the same form that made him a champion on the first GU sDOM.I season? Or will his inactivity be too hard to overcome in order to relive his glory days? The most explosive player in UT ( <3 grins) will have to be a major contributor for this team to go all the way. Ulo is also an x-factor and map picks will have a big role in his performance as he is less stable on some rather than maps where he can excel.

Hire sauron a relaxing therapist for the season duration. Get knockoutdad involved and pugging.

Potential dangers?:
Sauron playing the 1v1 spots and bringing team’s moral down. Knockoutdad having war flashbacks from when he played as a ranger for ph34r in the GU sDOM.I semi-finals.

A great draft for Nakedman who managed to pick up a dedicated 2v2 player in pete, surrounded by 3 players who can rotate between 1v1 and 2v2 positions.This team might have a problem on nitro, where all the players basically play corner but i can see them working it out. The main issue will be to keep sauron happy so the team’s moral is high. Probably a good idea to match him on the 2v2 spots with pete as much as possible, rather than leaving him on 1v1 spots where angruis usually appears. If bug keeps up his current level this team will be mighty scary.

Get kud to pug more!

Potential dangers?:
Blackout wasn't kidding all the times he mentioned x22. Rummy suddenly disappears without a trace and got shipped to India for arranged marriage. Humpty gets such bad withdrawal symptons from not playing enough CS:GO that he gets shipped off to a ADT Healthcare clinic to be treated for his Video Gaming Addiction.

This is a well rounded team, where every player can play multiple roles or positions - there is no clear cut amp runner. They have frag power, sDOM knowledge, can time items and have good team chemistry. Most players have successfully previously played together (kud & HUMPTY even reaching GU sDOM.I finals and rummy and blackout also have experience together). This is one of the only teams I don't really feel has a question mark, down side, bad player or map. I expect them to get very far and potentially even win!

Support OwnedWell with four clicks & stay up to date <3.

HULKSMASH

Re: [sDOM.I] ★Rankings by a reigning champion★

Postby Nick » Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:27 pm

Nick

Postby Lineage » Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:29 pm

some brutally honest cons, love it :OWgrinsgasm:
Lineage

Postby blackout\\ » Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:29 pm

instantly knew this write up was going to be amazing when i saw morph's TS volume pic. 10/10 would read again :!:
blackout\\

Postby Monk » Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:41 pm

Lockpick:

Frag power 4
Mapknowledge 4
Timing 5
sDOM knowledge 4.5

Good writeup
Monk

Postby Sauron » Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:27 pm

I'm calm as a cucumber in matches. That's general knowledge by now.
Sauron

Postby whitechocakagod » Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:57 pm

What kind of bullshit writeup doesn't even mention whitechoc, aka the second best player on his team
whitechocakagod

Postby Xenoscythe » Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:30 pm

Less sdom knowledge than Rain, I'm offended! :D

Enjoyable writeup nevertheless!
Xenoscythe

Postby KillEmAll » Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:54 pm

Very nice.
KillEmAll

Postby HULKSMASH » Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:12 pm

Support OwnedWell with four clicks & stay up to date <3.

HULKSMASH

Postby blade » Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:46 pm

Good stuff. Didn't read in detail, but you have good setup and use of graphics.

Hope. Inspire. Dream. Live.
blade

Postby rasta-man » Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:17 am

really nice writeup
we will hold sneaky in chains not to be kidnapped to PERU lol
rasta-man

Postby Sauron » Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:19 am

Map knowledge + timing = sDOM knowledge
Sauron

Postby Viperzz^ » Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:37 am

Lmao, nice one xD
Viperzz^

Postby HUMPTY » Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:57 am

Good read m8, nice to see some actual predictions!
HUMPTY

Postby Cromaniac » Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:35 am

Cromaniac

Postby Morpheus » Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:37 pm

Clearly you never played with me in a team.

I don't shout, i don't curse, i don't blame, i don't even raise my voice. All the teams i ever had i only shouted once. And it was during a pause. Sorry banko <3. It was vs rain? Or sunny don't remember, and banko was playing too forward on acrony and i knew it that sunny/rain would take advantage of that and i warned in the beginning. I saved 2 flags almost in their base due to that fact. Someone left and i immediately shouted loud and clear that he couldn't play there. Banko is an amazing person and knows when to listen and so he did and we won. EZ PZ

Wrong message and shows quite some ignorance. I am one of best team members you will ever have (if you like a winning mentality), and if you read anyone that played with me you will soon find out about it (check S1, S2 or S3 on iCTF). Even PACO made a compliment in that regard on S1 since he had your opinion as well. PUGS =! games. And even in pugs i'm nice.

NOT IN CS GO THO. I whine a lot in CS:GO (sorry bleh <3). Seeing scrub things makes me go overboard. In ut99 i cannot see so i'm calmer.

I enjoyed reading and hopefully if you ever play with me you will see me without the blurry goggles.

Last edited by Morpheus on Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Morpheus

Postby Morpheus » Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:43 pm

and again i'm stunned...I actually said CG dungeon was the only change i liked in all the maps :roll:
Morpheus

Postby Viperzz^ » Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:05 pm

Look at morph raising his voice in his post. I know what I'm going to be doing in our ts!! :P
Viperzz^

Postby csnafk » Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:07 pm

Good to know my knowledge is only 4.5/5 but I always assign positions no matter where I'm picked in pugs because I know more than all of these idiots.

Chica i want to have your children pls

All Hail Left Shark.

#LETITBEGIN
csnafk

Return to Leagues & Tournaments