good games and well played ryw friends!
ttocston

Re: [iCTF.I] Finals Results (Week 6)

Postby MP/5 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:43 pm

ggs and congrats to rain's team
MP/5

Postby rain » Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:02 pm

ggs & wp - it was an enjoyable game - I'm glad we had the chance to play vs your team! :)

I would like to thank everyone on my team for showing up consistently and playing these matches, it was a lot of fun with you guys. Pale, sens, pulip and rapture all deserve pats on the back for playing incredible week after week during our reg games. Rusty & CK, thank you for your dedication and sticking by the team and playing through our dev matches!

Looking forward to next season being bigger and better!
rain

Postby Bryandigm- » Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:02 pm

Congrats to rain's team, and good fucking games guys! See ya around for next season for sure :D
Bryandigm-

Postby Sens » Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:05 pm

gg guys :)
Grats to aT for smoothly getting to the finals, and giving us a fun game in the end. Even if it was a 3-0 we had no moments to be complacent or unfocused.

Thanks to rain for this most excellent squad selection. Team mates were awesome; defense was beyond solid:
- rain rapture - opponents did not find a weak map that these 2 felt uncomfortable on; our map selection range proved excellent. And we had paleface be able to slot in defence on Acrony with Rain going offensive, a system that was very natural and proved successful - I don't think many teams would be able to swap D/O too easily.
Also, how many teams would put their #1 defender on low right on duku instead of the anchor role up high? We had such an intense Duku offense with our boost system for example with rain keeping comfortable with the solid rapture anchor behind him. It wasn't some pre-planned set up either, just a natural occurrence you get when people are on the same wave length.
How solid was rapture btw? Best '2nd defender' in the league? Surely. I don't know him from the previous years gone, a quiet unassuming individual that didn't pug much either but delivered when we played. Can't ask for much more.

Pulip & I have been team mates in previous iDOM clans & the previous sDOM league but this league his biggest surprise is that he is very capable of fragging a high amount without defensive posturing, he had it in him to be highly successfully aggressive despite some reputation to the contrary. He proved highly flexible to create many chances and in fact I believe he was responsible for nearly all the successful flag runs in this final!

Paleface is also an old ex SQUAD iCTF team mate and we worked on many boosts, some of which we made up back in 2011 era - it's taken this long for that Duku stairs one to finally see the light of day! We worked on creating others and put some efforts into making sure we each knew how to coordinate everything, every cap nearly featured some level of this. He obviously has a great frag power and chance creation ability, but also flexible to slot into defending on maps like Acrony.

I felt really carried in a lot of games, which makes me very thankful for these dudes :D
Sens

Postby -rapture- » Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:37 pm

gg's.

A few words to my team: Rain, you drafted a really nice team. Also thanks for taking the time to show me the ways to defend on the new maps, some i had never played before. Not to mention all your help with my crappy technical problems ;). I really think you did a great job as a captain. The chemistry in this team was just really great. Laid back vibe, but very competitive at the same time, I really enjoyed playing with you guys. For a moment i had that awesome feeling of being part of a clan again that wants to improve as a team, just like in the old days on CB. That is, at least in my opinion, what (competitive) gaming is all about.

Maybe see you guys in the next league !
-rapture-

Postby Feisar » Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:43 am

My pre tournament prediction comes true ;)

Sens at 1037 salary was a complete mis-sight by the rankings team, i would have expected HumptY to have intervened there with his EU knowledge, pullip and pale too probably.

Boost caps ftw! underated these days

Rain bags another medal as captain, no luck, another good job dez :D
Feisar

Postby vdk » Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:46 pm

gg and wp!
thank you for the transmissions with one incredible organization
vdk

Postby Darkside » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:27 am

wd and wp doods. we knew from the draft that rain had pulled together another solid group of players. he proved it throughout the season and ended up with a ring (and a shirt!). With a little luck and great captaining, rain was able to snag some underranked players. Another win for operation sandbag? perhaps. Players stepping up/improving during the season? more likely. Either way you look at it, being in the top 5 of a championship team will get you all salary boosts next season =)
Darkside

Postby ramdrop » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:38 am

As I derped a few times during the season, with going inactive again, I expect mine to drop toa round the $1000 mark.
ramdrop

Postby Pun` » Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:53 pm

Great season! Thanks to all, especially to my team that functioned exceptionally as a unit. Really enjoyable to be a part of. Thanks also to all the hard work from the Owned Well crew, Streamers etc. It's a really enjoyable experience.
Congratulations to Rain and his team! Perhaps on another day it might have been different, i think i saw at least two rYs players in every pug in the week leading up to the final!! Sens got his skills back and played a blinder. ;)

Don't want to lower the tone but i rarely stop in here and there's something on my mind. Without dev playoffs (I know they went badly last season) it was a max 3 week season for 60% of sign ups and a 4 week season for 90% and that's without talkign about the freeagents and tenth players that didn't get to play at all.. That seems very short considering, i think, we are nearly all here for ictf primarily. I'd like to think that next season (if you guys have the time and inclination to do one!) will have a dev play off with the same level of penalties if people no show. For me, i'd have loved to proceed into a dev playoff and have something i personally can play for.
Don't get me wrong i love the system, but it doesn't really inspire lesser skilled players to put in much effort. It's all on the heavy fraggers. Even with the new rules (one reg player, team sizing etc) it's still really dependent on a captains reg picks for any kind of team glory!

Thanks again, hopefully i can captain up next time and draft a team as great as Adapt! Till then. Adieu
EDITED BY ADMINISTRATION.. NO NUDITY EVEN IF IT'S DRAWN. PLEASE AND THANKS.
Pun`

Return to Leagues & Tournaments