[iCTF.I] Post Draft Power Rankings

Jump to: Board indexGamesUT99Leagues & Tournaments

[iCTF.I] Post Draft Power Rankings

Postby atr0city » Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:56 pm

iCTF.I POST DRAFT POWER RANKINGS : Please be advised this rankings are based that of my own opinion, and of course there will be many who disagree with my picks especially if you're on a team who got ranked lower but these rankings are only here for entertainment so.. enjoy ;p

Captain: Pun
Defense: unrealshots/risus
Offense: MP/5, kengzta, Darkside/scott
Backup/Dev: scott, blackmane, E|ite, Pun

Analysis:

I'm not sure, but I think this was Pun's first draft? If so, he did one hell of a job. This team stood out to me right away as the team to beat because of their defense, unrealshots is arguably the best defender in the game, but more importantly he knows how to win. Risus isn't a game breaker type of player like shots is, but he's a very good defender with good comms. I don't see this two have any issues finding chemistry playing defense together, and it's going to be a nightmare for opposing teams to find ways to get flags out on this team.

Similar to many seasons past, the other captains have once again made the mistake of letting MP/5 slip all the way down way further then he should be before being drafted. His inactivity prior to seasons scares captains off from picking him, but rest assured he will be there and he will be very effective. I really like kengzta, I think he's underrated by a lot of players but I think he's a very solid flag runner. Every time I've played with the guy, he was always able to bring flags home vs tough defenders. Darkside will be effective in more of a mid/fallback/cover type role for this team, he's always played this sort of style and it should mesh well with MP/5 and kengzta doing the majority of the grabbing.

This team is going to be very solid in dev matches as well, I just see the points adding up quickly for this team and even though they are in the toughest division I think they will run away with the win in it and likely the entire tournament.

Captain: white[choc]
Defense: Serenity/Hertz
Offense: n0b, KyuKen, AnNiHiL4ToR/white[choc]
Backup/Dev: white[choc], DLX, CrashedMC, wdg, Supah

Analysis:

Coming in at #2 is [choc]. Well, the great thing about drafting is you can always count on other captains to make big mistakes. white[choc] was drafting I believe in the #4 spot, and still managed to draft arguably the best player in the game in Serenity. I'm not sure how this happened, but what a gift for whitechoc. The defensive combo of Serenity/Hertz is the only one in the league that I would say is comparable, or maybe even better then the defense combo of shots/risus. I personally think that overall Serenity is a better defender, and overall player then shots but this is only if he's able to keep his ego in check. Sometimes Serenity's ego can get the best of him, and it effects his play, I don't see that being an issue with this team and I think whitechoc will do a good job of keeping everyone focused. I'm not a huge fan of Hertz, mainly because his comms aren't the best. He does have a really good shot though, so as long as this team can keep the communication solid they shouldn't have too much of an issue shutting down most teams.

n0b got one of the biggest salary increses from one season to the next that I've ever seen, and for good reason. n0b hardly plays, so it catches people off guard when they see just how good he is. The biggest strength to n0bs game is how smart he is, when you combine a smart player with a very frag heavy o player in KyuKen and to a lesser extent Annihilator it makes for a very strong offensive group. This is by no means the strongest offense in the league, but I think it's more then enough to get the job done with the devistating defense they have behind them.

This team should also clean up points in dev matches, I think they can field the strongest dev team in the league which will help out. I can't see any way this team doesn't win their division, and once they get in the playoffs they have a great shot at taking it all.

Captain: PACO
Defense: JYB/Spriggan
Offense: PACO, bbz, tyler/rootsoft
Backup/Dev: rootsoft, n0mer, shadowfax, silverwing

Analysis:

#3 was a very tough one for me, took me forever to decide but I'm going to go out on a rather huge limb here with the PACO's in Paris. Look, this team has disaster written all over it. However, it does have the potential to do extremely well. This team is risk pick factor to the max, which JYB will show? The one who forgets about matches, or gets killed a few times in a row and goes silent for the rest of the map? Or, will the focused top 5 defender show up? Will bbz show at all???? Will Spriggan's incredibly bad mic throw JYB into a downward spiral of never ending monitor adjusting depression?

These are the questions. But, let's say the worries surrounding this team are all taken care of by PACOs leadership, what if everyone on this team shows up and play's at their best level? Well, if that happens.. this is a very scary team. A lot of people don't like to give JYB the credit that he deserves, but the fact is he's still one of the best players in this game, no question. And, as of late he's really calmed down a lot more and he's been playing at the top of his game once again. Spriggan is a great defender, my only issue with him, similar to Hertz are his mic and comms are not the best, but if these two are able to get in sync with each other they will be a top 3 defensive combo in the entire league.

Let's look at the offense, bbz used to be one of the best flag runners in the game but then went LoLafk and no one really knows what to expect from him, or if he will showup at all for that matter. If bbz does get back into form though, he has the ability to cap on anyone. What this team lacks on offense is that mindless high fragging type guy, it seems to be an important thing these days.. and this team doesn't have it. PACO can lame it up in mid, but not to the level that maybe this team needs. tyler is a very solid and smart flag runner, so if PACO can provide enough cover support for him and bbz then they have a shot.

This team could either completely blow up, or go all the way. I think they're going to surprise people.

Captain: rain
Defense: rain/sens/rapture
Offense: rain/paleface, sens/rapture, csn/plp
Backup/Dev: plp, cafe, hermione

Analysis:

To be honest, it's hard for me to truly know how this team is going to do as I don't know enough about rapture, or sens. I put them at #4 purely because of the fact that rain is a very good captain, and seems to always draft a contending team.

I do feel that rain is going to have to take a season off offense and stick to d here though. I'm told sens used to be a top player, and I don't think I've ever seen him play iCTF but I did see him play sDOM and he was good, but not great. I really don't know anything about rapture, I'm assuming he's very good but even so I can't see a defense combo of sens/rapture being strong enough. As far as I can see rain will have to play d for this team in order for them to be successful, I'm sure his goal was to run with pale as that would be very scary for other teams to deal with, but we will have to wait and see what he wants to do.

It's a hard team for me to analyze, and I have them at #4 because of my confidence in rain as a captain I'll have to wait and see how things pan out with this team.

Captain: Sauron
Defense: Bug/Nate
Offense: Sauron, LOQ, tony
Backup/Dev: strum, macz

Analysis:

Sauron had a pretty solid draft here. The defensive pair of bug/nate will prove to be very strong against every team. Bug is a very smart defender, and can frustrate o players with his odd movement, and play style. Nate has been playing the best I've ever seen him play, and I think the two of them should mesh very well together to lock down the base for this team.

I know there are a few question marks on LOQ's availability, but they are going to need him to show up and preform in order for this team to be successful. Sauron is a very good flag runner, and should be the primary grabber for this team, loq can provide excellent heavy frag support and tony should be solid in a mid/cover/fallback type role.

My main issue with this team is they really don't have a solid 6th man, or any other backup players for that matter so if loq or another starter cannot make a match it's going to be difficult for this team to fill that void. I feel this team might struggle in dev matches, but if every starter shows and plays at their best and the team can find some chemistry they have every chance to go far this season.

Captain: Monk
Defense: blackout/convict
Offense: Monk, Sonic, heavy/lineage
Backup/Dev: lineage, seeya, xhackz, nomike, nakedman

Analysis:

I like this team a lot, and they have every potiential to contend with every team ranked above them. blackout fell pretty low in this draft, which could prove to be a mistake by the other captains in passing him by. His attitude is bad, but if he can keep that shit in check and be a team player then he will be more then just fine anchoring defense for this team. Convict will do just fine as the secondary defense for this team as he has good comms, and is a solid fragger.

Monk I feel was underrated, I think he's one of the smartest flag runners in the league. You add Sonic running with him, and this team has maybe the best offense in the league. Sonic is one of the top 5 attackers in the league, and will also provider the frag power needed to support monk and heavy/lineage. This team is going to give all sorts of problems for opposing teams defense, and the success of this team will heavily lie in the hand of their offense.

Captain: Miracle
Defense: noobx/senad
Offense: Hatchet, rev, caspa/sezco
Backup/Dev: caspa, miracle, jinn

Analysis:

Miracle made a good first pick in drafting Hatchet, who in my opinion is the best attacker in the game. Hatchet will not only provide this team with caps, but with excellent fallback and high fragging mid support and cover. I would have liked to see another attacker with very high grab potential on this team to support hatchet, we will see if rev can be effective in that role. Caspa came out of no where, and has already shown he's capable to start for most teams. He has very good comms, and I think would work well with hatchet I think he should be the 5th man for this team as sezco is simply too inactive and I'm not sure how much can be expected from him.

The defense for this team isn't great, but with support from the offense it should be strong enough to give this team a solid chance at winning most maps. Miracle's team has a deep bench, and should do fairly well in dev matches.

Overall, it's kind of a weird mix of players but they have every chance to do well this season I feel.

Captain: Bas
Defense: viperz/dev
Offense: rummy, steel, pokerface
Backup/Dev: nordog, vdk, miek

Analysis:

Bas made a very unexpected first pick in rummy, while players like Serenity were still available. His goal clearly with this team was to have a stacked attacking group, and it worked. This team has probly the best overall attacking lineup in the league, which made me want to rank this team way higher but I just couldn't do it because of their defense.

Viperz and dev isn't a bad pair but let's face it, in most cases the teams with the strongest defense are the ones who come out on top in the end, and this isn't a defense I can see winning the league.

Pokerface plays a really scumbaggy type offense style, and he's going to have to go into extreme scumbag mode for this team to truly be successful. I might even consider playing 3 defense with this team, as rummy and steel will get flags home vs any defense they go up against. If this team is able to play a really solid team fallback and support style, they have the ability to beat anyone because of their offense. We will have to wait and see how they plan to play.

Captain: mng
Defense: finalz/mng
Offense: Infamous_Raider, DevilYouA, DAM!
Backup/Dev: d1sc, mirlyn, devildriver

Analysis:

mng drafted himself a pretty nice team here. My main issue with this team is mng drafted too many of the same type of players. Infamous_Raider, DYA, and DAM all play a frags first, grab later type mentality of attack. This team is really lacking a grab heavy, smart flag runner to go along with all these fraggers.

This doesn't mean they can't win, infact with the defense this team has in finalz and mng along with the heavy frag power I expect them to keep pretty much every game close, I just see them having a lot of issues getting caps home for their team. If one of these players was willing to change their style a bit, and really focus on grabs this team will have a much better shot at doing well this season.

This team has a deep bench, which will help out greatly for dev matches and 5th man replacements. Interesting team here for me, as although on paper they have the potential, I just really feel it's a bad mesh of players and I don't think this team is going to do very well this season.

Captain: kylewins
Defense: kylewins/ke-
Offense: Apokalips, Humpty, kud/Feisar
Backup/Dev: feisar, sl1der, imperous

Analysis:

Team inactive right here. I'm not totally sure what kyle was going for with this team, but I don't like it. I was pretty shocked when he used his first pick on Apokalips, he's a good player but there were far better and more active players available at the time, and I'm sure he could have still ended up getting apok even if he didn't draft him first.

Kyle is a very good player, and should be solid in the anchor d position here. I'm not totally sure who he will be playing d with, ke- seems like the obvious choice to me but we will have to see.

Apok, humpty and kud/feisar on attack. I see no frag power here, this team will get destroyed by any of the high fragging teams in the league. Humpty and kud are both smart flag runners, I just don't see apok providing enough frag support for them to make anything happen.

To look at a positive for this team, I do think they will have very good teamwork and chemistry together which is of course important. But, I'm personally just really not feeling this team.

Captain: ulo
Defense: ravonix/madtetta
Offense: ulo, bear, k-os/tnz
Backup/Dev: danon, raildemon, k2

Analysis:

I'm probably underrating this team because ravonix and madtetta on d together gives this team one of the stronger d combos in the league. But, where's the offense? If ravonix and madtetta play d together this team isn't going to be capping.

They might be forced to put one of rav or madtetta on offense to give themselves a shot, but then their defense will become very vulnerable. Bear, is still a good player and flag runner but he's not the bear of old and he won't be able to carry this offense. k-os is a very similar player NP^, a guy who trys to play a frag heavy style that he simply isn't good at. ulo, is better on defense and that might be the best course of action for this team, but who knows.

Decent bench for ulo's team, just looking at everything though I'm not convinced this team has much of a chance despite having two great players in rav and tetta. Hopefully they can prove me wrong though.

Captain: massie
Defense: massie/crunk
Offense: Dewsick, Palak, Banko
Backup/Dev: alpha, crux, aven

Analysis:

Not a terrible looking team on paper, but I'd be pretty surprised if this ended up being a really successful team this season. I hate to say it, because we all love Lewis and yes he is one of the top players in the game, but I just can't see it happening for this team.

Mass and crunk on d, assuming that's what they go with that's strong yes, but not strong enough I feel. A offensive power house team like Bas' or Monk's will run over this team. And, I'm not seeing a whole lot of offensive support for the defense on this team. Dewsick will be the the one providing most of the support for the d, but he can't do everything and I don't see it being enough.

Palak, although a solid player he is extremely predictable, he will almost always go in and out of the base the same route on any map, and any good d player will shut that down quick. He relies very heavily on cover and support for his playstyle to be successful, and I don't see him getting enough of that from Banko. Dewsick can provide this, but he's going to have to spend a lot of his time helping out the d, I feel good defense will easily shut down this team on most maps.

Good, nice group of guys on this team.. but I don't see them going far.

Captain: Scream
Defense: ramdrop/scream
Offense: snky, NP^, booth/supreme
Backup/Dev: Supreme, volcanic, Sponge, Hulksmash, beast

Analysis:

Scream didn't have a great draft here. He made a solid pick in ramdrop, who is an excellent player will have to anchor d for this team. snky, another good pickup for the team but after that everything seemed to go downhill for scream.

snky is a great attacker, but he can't do it alone and I don't see this team putting up near the support he will need to bring many flags home. NP^ was a bad pickup in my opinion, he was overrated and really doesn't provide much. He's a guy who try's to play the frag first, grab later style.. but he's just not good at it, he really isn't a smart player in my opinion and I don't see him working well with snky in the least.

ramdrop and scream would be a strong enough d pair on some teams, but not this one. This attacking group simply isn't good enough, and I'd be shocked to see this team do well.

Captain: fisk
Defense: fisk/zien
Offense: sunny, fail, kowa
Backup/Dev: nitro, faithless, nanstuko, draymith

Analysis:

Odds are I'm ranking this team way too low. They don't look bad on paper, and they have a deep bench.. but just given how inactive most of these players are I'm not feeling a ton of success for this team.

Although I am ranking them down at #14, I'm not totally writing this team off because they are in one of the weaker divisions and on paper they do have the talent which could potentially get them into the playoffs.

Fisk, excellent defender. Zien, good secondary defender. Sunny, good flag runner but I haven't seen him play in a long time so I don't even know what to expect from him, or how much he will show at all. fail is a decent attacker, should provide good frag support for sunny. To be honest I don't know a lot about kowa, I don't think I've ever seen him play but I'm told he's good so I'll just have to wait and see.

In the end, although I do have them ranked low I'm not fully writing this team off. I think if everyone shows up, plays their best and the team finds some chemistry they have a chance to make playoffs.. it will be close though.

Captain: flowx
Defense: Cromanic/Joschde
Offense: riven, flowx, vega
Backup/Dev: snpy, leon, ttn, provacation

Analysis:

This team is gross. I personally don't like it at all. Cromaniac is probly the smartest ctf player on this team (maybe flowx), and that is a very very bad sign. This team will frag, and frag a lot. But that's about all they're going to get done, riven on attack will essentially never grab. You'll get a lot of frags from him, and he would be effective if he was running with a smart grab heavy player like rummy or steel. He doesn't have that here though, vega is the exact same type of player as riven who frags way less. Flowx, is kind of a mix between the two but he doesn't grab near enough for this group to work.

Cromaniac fell pretty deep into the draft which was a bit surprising after his kotg win, and I expect him to do very well for this team. But in my opinion flowx just didn't have a good draft here, too much of the same type of player.. it's not a good mix, and it's not a group that I give any chance to win this season.

Captain: RickJames
Defense: snap/xenoscythe
Offense: gzt, cyrax, akito
Backup/Dev: RickJames, madz, d3r, ales

Analysis:

Unfortunately this is two seasons in a row where RickJames' team has fallen to the bottom of my post draft power rankings. It's nothing personal of course, I just really have not liked any of the teams he's drafted so far.

Rickjames picked up snap as his first pick, a great pick and an excellent start to the draft. I'm not sure what he was going for after that. Snap is a top 5 defender in the league, but I'm not even totally sure who's supposed to defend with him here. Xenoscythe? Is he even active? d3r? he shouldn't even be a starter? akito? he also wouldn't start for most teams. I'm just really confused here.

gzt is a nice pick, so is cyrax assuming the guy starts playing again to get his game back. Look I'm sorry, but similar to your sDOM draft I just really do not understand these picks.

I like a lot of the players on this team, so it's shitty to think this team has no chance. But, this team has no chance. I would be happy to be wrong on this one though, I wish this team gl.

-------------------------------

Thanks for reading, hope you enjoyed! :)
atr0city

Re: OW iCTF.I - Post Draft Power Rankings

Postby blackout\\ » Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:11 pm

I'm not a team player? wat.
blackout\\

Postby Xenoscythe » Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:12 pm

Enjoyed the read, though a couple of the lineups i think you'll be off on! Thanks for the writeup though :)
Xenoscythe

Postby insanity » Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:58 pm

solid job on rankings, was a fun read!
insanity

Postby HULKSMASH » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:23 pm

Entertaining read heltah!

Support OwnedWell with four clicks & stay up to date <3.

HULKSMASH

Postby zein » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:33 pm

good read but learn to write my nick pls, its about time xDD. About our team, 2nd defender is kowa and im attacking
zein

Postby whitechocakagod » Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:28 am

Good writeups man. [choc] will win, and [choc] no cheat
whitechocakagod

Postby KNOCKOUTDAD » Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:26 am

good read. job well done.
KNOCKOUTDAD

Postby Monk » Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:16 am

Nice read man. Good work
Monk

Postby faithless » Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:55 am

i dont agree with only a few things, but very nice job :)
faithless

Postby csnafk » Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:52 am

nice read dude, well done
csnafk

Postby rain » Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:13 am

Good job
rain

Postby Pun` » Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:49 am

Great read Ryan, nice one! Especially seeing as my team comes in at rank #1! I've captained three now, if you include the sniper tournie! No rings as yet, maybe this is my year, and a fucking t-shirt! It's all to play for this season!
EDITED BY ADMINISTRATION.. NO NUDITY EVEN IF IT'S DRAWN. PLEASE AND THANKS.
Pun`

Return to Leagues & Tournaments