OwnedWell UT99 Cheat Policy

Jump to: Board indexGamesUT99Leagues & Tournaments

Re: OwnedWell UT99 Cheat Policy

Postby Bas » Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:32 pm

Sauron wrote:
BeasT wrote:tbh u cant clear this up. its not right to punish someone twice for the same crime. In my opinion this will only work if u bann cheaters for life. But if youre gonna bann all the past and present cheaters for life the community will be aIMOeast cut in half.

I think the 4 year bann is a good rule, but should take affect now, and not in the past. i mean imagine getting a speeding ticked for 200 dollars, and 2 years later the ticket price of the same speeding violation go's up to 500 and you get a new ticket saying you have to pay 300 more dollars for some thing that was delt with 2 year ago.

thats just stupid =)

Arguing for leniency for ex cheaters is a bad look. Heltah, ij, etc weren't lucky enough to be allowed to play in leagues after they were banned well before gizmo. Gizmo is the lucky one. the rule is a step in the right direction but not harsh enough imo.

Damn right cheaters are the people that ruin the game for people that spend 2k on a new setup. If u cheat you should be banned indefinitely how can you profess to love a game that you are or have cheated on..?
Last edited by Bas on Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bas

Postby HULKSMASH » Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:33 pm

For those interested in whom are affected by this policy can control+f 'policy'.

Support OwnedWell with four clicks & stay up to date <3.

ImageImageImageImage

HULKSMASH

Postby Nick » Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:56 pm

senad* wrote:lemme get this straight.

[*] 600$ last season's
[*] suddenly getting picked over 13-1400 rated players
[*] says his sudden high skill boost is a result of a new pc and monitor
[*] won first 3 heats in kotg. asked to demo, failed after
[*] played with cheats on public (without using them?) prob doing some testing

i am quite glad gizmo is not playing in the next ictf

* I did get new hardware and streamed it as proof.
* Won 3 heats indeed, and demo'ed all of em.
* Didn't use any cheats.

Let me just say this: I never cheated and I never did anything to harm this community. And yes Heltah I am comparing your ban to mine because it's just not the same. You cheated, I did not. You were Admin, i wasn't. You were caught doing it in competative games, my log is from a harmless public server.

If you don't see the difference ..

And im not saying I should not be banned. All i am saying is that if you didn't ban me in 2012, because of whatever reason, you shouldn't be banning me now. I would be fine with you banning me in 2012. You guys decided to give me a 6 month ban. You can't just take those words back and make up a new rule, and put it up under a new cover; "This is a new community with new rules " NO. This is the SAME community, in a new fancy jacket. Same players, same admins, same act.
Nick

Postby PACO » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:06 pm

Nick wrote:"This is a new community with new rules " NO. This is the SAME community, in a new fancy jacket. Same players, same admins, same act.

I've seen you say this multiple times. You're wrong. There are obvious similarities but for those familiar with the behind-the-scenes, there are major differences. These will become a lot more apparent as time passes since we are still only in our first month and a bit of existence.

This is the OwnedWell UT99 Cheat Policy. The people who are against it probably cheated. The solution to this problem is not to cheat. You're not banned from pugs.. you're banned from competition. You're also incorrect on several other assertions but debating them would be deviating away from the main issue.
PACO

Postby Nick » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:13 pm

THEINCREDIBLEPACO wrote:
Nick wrote:"This is a new community with new rules " NO. This is the SAME community, in a new fancy jacket. Same players, same admins, same act.

I've seen you say this multiple times. You're wrong. There are obvious similarities but for those familiar with the behind-the-scenes, there are major differences. These will become a lot more apparent as time passes since we are still only in our first month and a bit of existence.

This is the OwnedWell UT99 Cheat Policy. The people who are against it probably cheated. The solution to this problem is not to cheat. You're not banned from pugs.. you're banned from competition. You're also incorrect on several other assertions but debating them would be deviating away from the main issue.

I am def not wrong about the same community. All the players in here are still the same. All the past cheaters are still the same. Yes, there have been a few changes, but the community is still the same. I am not against an anti cheat policy. IMO cheaters should be banned forever. But that ain't the policy here. I have been given a 6 months ban for a cheat log. That's a fact. Imo you can't just come back at your previous decision and call it a new policy.
Nick

Postby Bas » Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:04 pm

Sorry but had to do this..!

Bas

Postby kud » Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:06 pm

Nick wrote:
THEINCREDIBLEPACO wrote:

I am def not wrong about the same community. All the players in here are still the same. All the past cheaters are still the same. Yes, there have been a few changes, but the community is still the same. I am not against an anti cheat policy. IMO cheaters should be banned forever. But that ain't the policy here. I have been given a 6 months ban for a cheat log. That's a fact. Imo you can't just come back at your previous decision and call it a new policy.

dunno where the 6 month ban for cheating rule originates from, but I don't remember that being the case at GU
ImageImageImage

kud

Postby Nick » Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:23 pm

Me neither, but that's whats been given to me.
Nick

Postby Viperzz^ » Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:31 pm

nvm
Last edited by Viperzz^ on Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Viperzz^

Postby mng » Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:34 pm

Bas wrote:Sorry but had to do this..!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
mng

Postby Sauron » Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:28 pm

Nick wrote: You can't just take those words back and make up a new rule

Even if that is the case, why can't they? Because YOU say they can't? The stricter the punishment for cheaters the better.
Sauron

Postby miracle » Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:47 pm

Fuck it, I didn't want to post on this topic. But I don't like to see a cheater try to make himself look better then an other cheater sorry gizmo but their is no difference other then heltah was an admin. You both cheated. I cheated in 2008. Did i use it for ut99 I'll tell you and tell anyone who asks NO i did not. Did I have a helios hook? Yes I did. Was it installed for use. Yes it was. Did i use it? Yes i did In counterstrike source match to get back at a cheating scumbag. What happened? Back when ace was coming along it used to scan everything almost into your computer. helios hook can work for multiple games so it automatically hooks to the old games( the older one did) and when i joined a pub. i was instantly kicked out. When the admin told me i was banned for 2 years. Did i defend myself, Yes. But did I argue about the ban, No. The fact of the matter is, their is no set way to really tell if you used it in the past or not. I had the first helios hook made. So I tried to add that if i wanted to cheat I'd use an newer one which i would. but I didnt so why would i be so obvious. But I was still a cheater. I took my 2 year ban. But i've never cheated or thought about it since. I was banned from my favorite mutator, And all i had were ppl saying OO YOU CHEATED TO BEAT ME. but as much as I defend it, I can never truly prove that I didn't cheat at those particular moments. I'm sorry this happened gizmo but I understand the admins ruling. and I personally can't say I dissagree. a public game is just as serious as a competitive game sorry...
miracle

Postby whitechocakagod » Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:36 pm

I'm happy you posted this policy. It always pissed me off that acro and heltah were held to different magical standards than other cheaters. Clarification is a good thing.
whitechocakagod

Postby frauenarZt » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:51 pm

Nick wrote:

[*] 600$ last season's

Nick wrote:* I did get new hardware and streamed it as proof.

Yeah? It's pretty easy to cheat on stream believe it or not.
Nick wrote:* Won 3 heats indeed, and demo'ed all of em.

Where are the demos? They didn't work? :< That's something that seems to happen to a lot of botters, especially with 'demo protection=true' settings enabled.
Nick wrote:* Didn't use any cheats ... I never cheated ... my log is from a harmless public server.

You were cheating on servers running comparable cheat protection and therefore deserve to be considered as if you cheated on a league-administrated server. I can't walk to Canada and murder someone and expect to get away with it because I'm not in America, I'm committing a comparable crime in a comparable country which is exactly what you did by cheating on a UT server. Oh, so you claim you didn't enable your bot, just had UT.exe hooked and didn't use it? That's like a robber breaking into a safe and then saying "I didn't have any intention of stealing anything" - bitch, you got caught in the act, shut up and stop whining about it.

Nick wrote:. You can't just take those words back and make up a new rule, and put it up under a new cover; "This is a new community with new rules " NO. This is the SAME community, in a new fancy jacket. Same players, same admins, same act.

Yeah? That's a cool story. Go back to GlobalUnreal and you can hang out there with the community. The reason why OwnedWell is trying to launch is to create a more professional atmosphere. If you're on board with that it means that you fully support yourself being banned for cheating and being made an example of. If you're not on board with that, it means you're a cheater and you don't belong. I'm sure there's some great things you can do to support the community whilst banned if you truly enjoy the game, and if you truly love the game you'll want to preserve its integrity. Man up.
:OWgrinsgasm: :OWgrinsgasm: :OWgrinsgasm:
frauenarZt

Postby khm » Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:24 am

To be fair Giz has always been a good player, but his pc and monitor where always holding him back, spent many an hour trying to get his old shit pc better optimized over TS and even Ammy (remote desktop control). I actually even took my second spare LCD over to the Netherlands when i moved for him, as i knew how big of an issue it was - but fell out of touch as i stopped playing UT so its still sitting here. He is more than welcome to pop to mine and play on MY set up and film it if people think it would help as im only a half hour drive from him?

Might not get the ban is lifted for now, but least he might be able to move forward without the current Haccusations once it expires?
khm

Postby Nick » Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:42 pm

frauenarZt wrote:
Nick wrote:

[*] 600$ last season's

Nick wrote:* I did get new hardware and streamed it as proof.

Yeah? It's pretty easy to cheat on stream believe it or not.
Nick wrote:* Won 3 heats indeed, and demo'ed all of em.

Where are the demos? They didn't work? :< That's something that seems to happen to a lot of botters, especially with 'demo protection=true' settings enabled.
Nick wrote:* Didn't use any cheats ... I never cheated ... my log is from a harmless public server.

You were cheating on servers running comparable cheat protection and therefore deserve to be considered as if you cheated on a league-administrated server. I can't walk to Canada and murder someone and expect to get away with it because I'm not in America, I'm committing a comparable crime in a comparable country which is exactly what you did by cheating on a UT server. Oh, so you claim you didn't enable your bot, just had UT.exe hooked and didn't use it? That's like a robber breaking into a safe and then saying "I didn't have any intention of stealing anything" - bitch, you got caught in the act, shut up and stop whining about it.

Nick wrote:. You can't just take those words back and make up a new rule, and put it up under a new cover; "This is a new community with new rules " NO. This is the SAME community, in a new fancy jacket. Same players, same admins, same act.

Yeah? That's a cool story. Go back to GlobalUnreal and you can hang out there with the community. The reason why OwnedWell is trying to launch is to create a more professional atmosphere. If you're on board with that it means that you fully support yourself being banned for cheating and being made an example of. If you're not on board with that, it means you're a cheater and you don't belong. I'm sure there's some great things you can do to support the community whilst banned if you truly enjoy the game, and if you truly love the game you'll want to preserve its integrity. Man up.
:OWgrinsgasm: :OWgrinsgasm: :OWgrinsgasm:

Who is this guy? You obviously don't know anything about me. The demo's do work. And here I am not talking about me streaming to proof im not cheating, I ment the stream about me getting gear upgrades (which you obviously didn't see). If you don't know what you are talking about, shut the hell up. I already accepted my ban. Atm I am busy trying to bring a new feature to the league. Hopefully I will be announcing it soon. I am supporting the new league and I am really looking forward to it, even tho I am banned from the next 3 seasons.
Nick

Previous

Return to Leagues & Tournaments