[iCTF.I] Maplist!

Jump to: Board indexGamesUT99Leagues & Tournaments

Re: [iCTF.I] Maplist!

Postby whitechocakagod » Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:50 pm

Yes, you are the only one who thinks the list is American.

Euros played Broken, Command, Duku, Grudge long before any Americans. To be fair, we have adapted Duku into our culture and way of life by now.

The only map that Americans had prior experience on is Diamondsword. And only like 3 Americans even like it.

Complex, Klondike, Pryxon, and Rune were all introduced to us together as new maps. Every single map that Americans have ever played competitively has now been removed from the list except for DS.
whitechocakagod

Postby kud » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:02 pm

only euro map is dreary, and honestly it's more of a canadian map from my experience :creep:

edit: devil's advocate. brokenlimits is just as easy to shut down as scandi. the mid is just as easy to camp, and the defense can't really push up to help without crumbling completely
ImageImageImage
kud

Postby faithless » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:09 pm

Last edited by faithless on Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
faithless

Postby blade » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:23 pm

Last edited by blade on Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hope. Inspire. Dream. Live.
blade

Postby kud » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:25 pm

they're ipug/globalunreal maps. there are just as many inactive americans that aren't comfortable with them
ImageImageImage
kud

Postby Banko » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:34 pm

Banko

Postby Morpheus » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:42 pm

i'd like you to see you (kud) stop one of the top attackers by turtling on Brokenlimits...I have lost so many caps in the last moments on that map it is disgusting and i am the father of turtles.

Morpheus

Postby miracle » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:43 pm

You know what, I was directed to this post by crunk. So my forum activity hasn't been at its highest; after reading these posts I feel like I need to make a comment regardless if it will be heard or not.

To defend the admins. Hulksmash is right, no matter what THERE WILL NEVER BE A PERFECT MAPLIST. I hate 2 of the maps on the maplist. But, I'm not narrow viewed. I can see why they are enjoyed, as well as why I dislike them. If you want to know what they are. Rune and complex. I also dislike pryxon a lot. those 3 maps I feel like its an runners dream. However I did play solid d on rune in a pug but this was a pug... there was no teamwork involved. All 3 of those maps. if you stall and get a good flag cover, you could literally juke a defense on every single cap unless u get lucky and spawn infront of them which happens occaisionally. Argue if you want but its true. But they are FUN TO PLAY AND VERY COMPETITVE BECAUSE IT PROVES WHO HAS THE BETTER TEAMWORK. So that's why I understand they are good for tournament play. They put teamwork together like some maps don't.

Now, I personally don't like all the maps on that list as I just stated. In my post I asked that pryxon be removed, but if it doesn't get removed I am def not heart broken over it.

I feel Nuance is a great addition, d strength is equal to o strength on that map. It is one of the few well balanced maps.

Mesmerize, It has always been a really fun competitive map. It may go into overtime. but any map will if the other team backshoots u enough.

EC2. is my favorite map, but notice how I did not vote for it. Is it because I think its not competitive?? No I think ec2 is one of the most competitive maps. But, I've played so many leagues with ec2 and the backspawn being the difference of a win vs a lost that it stopped being fun in leagues. If your in 2 hours of overtime and they get a cap out cause you had a backspawn.. It sucks.

now about the overtime. personally, I do agree with whitechoc. ANY MAP CAN GO INTO 3 HOUR LONG OVERTIME IF THE TEAM WANTS TO PLAY LIKE THAT. I've played pugs that I thought would never end on maps like Klondike, brokenlimits, hell even rune. Theirs always going to be backshooting now. Some of you guys gotta realize ut99 isn't going to go back to a grab and go concept like the old days where you could cap 5 and have like 15 kills and just capped cus your skills of juke were just impossible to stop(cant stop wont stop ). Or play like aven and just be UNHITTABLE TO ALL DEFENDERS it just isn't like that now adays. I think the admins are doing a great job at trying to find a common ground. But their will always be failures and success's. I like the map list except pryxon EVEN THOUGH 2 of the maps i hate playing are on it, i still enjoy the maplist because it is a competitive maplist in my eyes to fit EVERYONE not just 1 realm of people.
miracle

Postby faithless » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:49 pm

faithless

Postby MaDTeTa » Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:04 pm

Dreary, Sprinta or Mesmerize all nice CTF maps.
MaDTeTa

Postby Banko » Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:05 pm

Banko

Postby kud » Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:48 pm

ImageImageImage
kud

Postby Banko » Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:56 pm

Banko

Postby spydee » Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:36 pm

this gets discussed and repeated every season. there are maps that just don't work anymore for a number of reasons and it's a shame really but that's just how it is. I don't particularly like the map direction either but unless someone changes the game then there will continue to be a partial fix in the form of new or remade (potentially bland) maps.

the game needs to be harder to get kills. no other way to emphasize teamwork and open up the maplist. this was discussed at length on multiple GU threads...even somewhat on prou
Last edited by spydee on Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
spydee

Postby kud » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:04 pm

ImageImageImage
kud

Postby Shotman » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:41 pm

Shotman/HeatWave
Shotman

Postby whitechocakagod » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:54 pm

whitechocakagod

Postby Joschde » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:59 pm

Mesmerize !!!
Joschde

Postby RickJames » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:07 pm

This thread is so awful.

Hard for me to suggest maps since the maps with the most potential are betas that haven't gotten enough playtime or might need a few changes. Would really love to see flowie's vaultcity edit get pugged. I think a pyrolize edit would also have a lot of potential, even the map in stock form is better than all that were taken out I think. So many other ones too- collardreams, nuance, adonis, einheit's map, one of ulo/flowX's edits of old maps, etc.
RickJames

Postby rev » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:27 am

rev

Postby pulip » Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:09 am

Not fan of elimination system. Part of the fun is being forced to play maps you are not good with and overcome it.
Now with elimination you never have to play maps you suck at, and prolly end up playing same 3-4 maps each week. Which is cool since I like all maps on the list except for one.

Maps to add:
Dreary - With elimination system I don't see the harm in this, since other team captain can just remove it if he doesn't like it. If both teams like it, it will get picked. Great map.
Sprinta - Just good
SpiritGU - Good change to move that flagstand closer and those jumpers faster. Don't really like the map itself, but matches on it are usually tense
pulip

Postby Meth » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:45 am

Add:
Mesmerize
Spirit or SpiritGU
Meth

Postby crunk » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:47 am

The last two times a map went into multiple hour overtime (orbital, ec2), that map was removed from the next season. Duku should receive no exception to this precedent.
crunk

Postby kud » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:02 am

CTF-CliffRuins
idk. I really like the bases, and there's A LOT of vertical aiming + interesting movement options. There are also a lot of angles to cut off shots and line up your shots. Obviously it would be ridic fast-paced, but tbh it seems like a map that attackers would enjoy. I think the strategy to win this map would be different than the typical "2d 3o/chase when in the lead" that is effective on most maps. It's chaotic, but there are definitely map features to be leveraged to get situational advantage in most instances. If there were a keyword for this map, I'd choose "tactical". Your current decision will always be affecting the play, and so teams who coordinate well can make the caps, instead of relying on turtling/anchor defense.
Some maps you play "vs the map", where the natural state of the map is to be not capping. This map you play "vs the team", where the natural state is to be capping.

CTF-Almost][
I'm more reserved about this one since it might be effective to dm mid. it's really no different than scandi/BL in that regard. I like how the routes in base are generally isolated from spawns, as opposed to duku where you are one corner away from the efc/flag no matter where you spawn.

CTF-Bollwerk109
Because UnrealShots said defending it "is just too much"

CTF-Coret3on3
Because fuck it. Pubstar heroes unite
ImageImageImage
kud

Postby ramdrop » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:54 am

I've read a lot of what people have said here and revise some of my previous suggestions.

I think that these two maps are fairly oldschool and have a decent flow rate and would be league worthy, ofcourse the new map should be tested in pugs.
- CTF-Acrony
- CTF-Disposable

There was also a UT2k4 iCTF map that is really popular, or at least it was when I was playing a little, thats "Zepu", if that's been remade, I think that would be a suitable map as well.

Maps that I think should be removed is the obvious, Duku, pointless map, Complex, 99.9% of people don't like playing it, PryXon is good to have, but follows a very similar style to Command & Sprinta, abit too repetitive?
ramdrop

Postby rain » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:09 pm

Disposable is a great map, I would love to see it added - only problem is that you can go under the lifts (which would have to be made illegal if it is added as if I remember correctly it can't be edited)
rain

Postby ramdrop » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:51 pm

ramdrop

Postby Cromaniac » Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:17 pm

coret <3 fixed nuance would be awesome, extortion and i love defending on mesmerize :D
Cromaniac

Postby n0mer » Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:22 pm

Add:
Acrony
Sprinta
ByProduct

Remove:
Prixon
n0mer

Postby ramdrop » Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:34 pm