The Owned Well Show (September 21st, 2014)

Jump to: Board indexStreamsOwned WellOwned Well TV

Image Image

The Owned Well Show (September 21st, 2014)

Postby PACO » Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:12 am

Greetings ladies and gentlemen!

We just had our first installment of the OWS (no.. we were not occupying wall street) and it was a fun night of Unreal Tournament. We touched down on some subjects like upcoming events (KOTG, pug night, upcoming iCTF league, upcoming duel tournament) and we also showcased some exhibition duel matches between some top players. The highlights are now on YouTube.

Full Show:

Sonic vs snky

Sonic gets the wins but snky steals the show with some fancy footwork and neat kills. DM-Terra looks very promising and we wanted to have some top players beta the map. It had a nice flow and there were some great kills, including snky who used Sonic as his personal tissue to start the map. Deck was also an amazing performance. There were some luolz kills, nice shots and it had an exciting tempo. Grats to Sonic but snky assured me that when the pressure is on and the games actually count, he will dismantle Sonic and make him pay for skipping leg day..

Sonic vs bleh

This exhibition match ended in a draw. DM-Terra was played again and Sonic walked away with a fairly convincing win. bleh had some flashes of brilliance and it was clear that playing with 130ms was not optimal. The game was played on a Chicago server but NY would have been a lot more fair. bleh will be participating in the upcoming 1v1 tournament and NY will be used for matches where he plays a North American opponent. The second map was Deck and played with newnet and Sonic got absolutely trounced. The game was VERY fast paced.. too fast. sLY spent much of the stream asking why Sonic was getting so much attention (Sonic had a 75% win percentage on the night, sLY had a goose egg) and trashing newnet. Everyone knows that bleh is always a contender but I think that Sonic is setting himself up as the official dark horse for this upcoming tournament.

nanm vs sLY

These two combatants played one map against each other with the stipulation that the winner would go on to play DaSnaksta. A lot of people might have expected sLY to win since he is known as a top dueler in the North American scene but he got outclassed by nanm on Sph3res. It was fairly close for most of the map but things unraveled at the end. It was story time with nanm as he put sLY to bed. I was assured by 1838 himself that a map like Sph3res would never be up for grabs for nanm in an elimination tournament so perhaps we might have had a different outcome on a different map. I always knew that nanm was a good fragger but I underestimated his abilities as a dueler. He had a tough pairing with Xellos (reigning MLDM champ) in the last major duel tournament but he's a player to watch out for in November..

DaSnaksta vs nanm

The last pairing of the day was DaSnaksta and nanm. The map was Codex however the two did not vote for the tournament version and it had some major implications on the outcome of this matchup. The tournament version has dispersed spawns and some deleted spawns around the armor. There were too many in that location and it was evident in this matchup as DaSnaksta had a spawn killing fragging burst that he was able to translate into a healthy lead. He nursed the lead for the rest of the game and while nanm made occasional pushes, he was nipping at the ankles instead of trading blows. There was a lot of good back and forth and despite both players being rusty, they managed to put on a show. I'm pumped to see DaSnaksta playing and I can't wait to see what he is able to do when he shakes off some of that rust.

Overall, there were a lot of great duel matchups in this show. We will be doing more exhibition type matches in the future (who knows.. I might take another crack at WoW|HITMAN) and we'll be playing/spectating all sorts of different gametypes. Be sure to follow the channel and as we grow, we will be releasing a more structured schedule for when you can expect OwnedWell content. At the moment, be sure to join us on Sundays and support our upcoming events!
PACO

Re: The Owned Well Show (September 21st, 2014)

Postby ttocston » Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:43 am

Awesome first show! Can't wait to tune into more!
ttocston

Postby bleh- » Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:39 pm

Good write-up, enjoyed taking part in the stream as always. Hopefully lots more to come :geek:
bleh-

Postby z4TaN » Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:51 pm

Good, upload more :D
z4TaN

Postby DREW-TANg » Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:00 pm

awesome, thanks for this
DREW-TANg

Postby Morpheus » Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:56 pm

this was nice to watch! bleh is the man
Morpheus

Postby PACO » Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:28 pm

Highlightception
PACO

Return to Owned Well TV