Rocket League

Jump to: Board indexGamesOther Games

To discuss any game that we aren't officially supporting... yet!

Rocket League

Postby Darkside » Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:53 pm

Initially got it to play with some RL PS4 friends (it's crossplatform), but finding singleplayer lots of arcade-type fun even as a newb. The game is smooth and plays great without any tweaking. Multiplayer servers are borked at the moment but single player alone has enough variety/fun to be worth the $20 in the meantime. Definitely a skillful game - not sure how high the ceiling is yet.

I'm seeing people mention it's similar to ut2k4 carball??
Darkside

Re: Rocket League

Postby PACO » Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:19 pm

Need Mo' Guinea Pigs..
PACO

Postby Darkside » Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:48 pm

t'was released yesterday
Darkside

Postby PACO » Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:34 pm

PACO

Postby xios » Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:27 pm

Looks like a ripoff of Carball mod from UT2004. $20 seems a bit much for something I probably will play for a week and have fun then move on.
xios

Postby miracle » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:58 pm

Ok, don't know how many know that i compteted in all of the euro tournaments for Carball in 2k4. That being said; rocket league has things that are like carball and are not.

Differences
Carball has multiple pickups : ie rockets forcefield spidermines ect(all these pickups can be used to killwhore; which ultimately killed it when they were meant for skilled shots)
Rocketleague Has mainly turbo pickups; you can blow ppl up but it is not the same concept as killing in carball.
Carball has jump keys that honestly give it the edge for aerial shots to rocketleague. HOWEVER(if you have a controller or Figure out some good tilt keys that could be argued)
Rocketleague has mostly all soccer maps with no aerial goal maps like Carball. I assume which because its a very hard concept at this time for certain new players.

I like Rocketleague a lot more then carball honestly but I am 10x better at carball. Their are things Rocketleague has that Carball doesn't and will never. why? because carball was a mod made by someone for a KILLING GAME; lol Rocketleague was made for the exact concept in which the game is played. Some of the Euro Carball players are in the top 20 ranks for rocketleague and they are indifferent with their views on it. Each game has its own flaws and upsides. But to relapse on the xios comment; I mean, if you don't like the idea of soccer and cars to begin with then you probably shouldn't get the game. But if you do; then I can guarantee you wont stop after a week.
miracle

Postby wndg » Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:38 am

wndg

Postby RickJames » Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:19 pm

I've never played carball, wasn't me in your video sorry wndg.
RickJames

Postby kE- » Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:23 pm

looks like ut soccer but without the lag issues. I really feel like I should buy this game even though I have this huge steam sales back catalog to still play. First world problems :(
kE-

Return to Other Games