Hello UT'ers and OwnedWell League Admins

Jump to: Board indexGamesUT99Leagues & Tournaments

Hello UT'ers and OwnedWell League Admins

Postby Murder » Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:13 am

Well it might sound weird coming out of me, but I would like to request on behalf of some of us ut'ers that believe that Ryan\\ aka Heltah Should be allowed to participate in this iCTF Tournament.

I believe he has been serving a suspension for almost 3 years. And we should consider allowing him to come back and make the game more challenging.

It would be more challenging for all of us to have another great player. He talked shit b4, but hey, its part of the game. He made errors, but who hasn't right?

Hopefully Paco / Nobody` and a few of the other OwnedWell Admins will give this guy a try. After all, we are a community, of chances and opportunities :D

Free Ryan\\ for the OwnedWell iCTF Tournament
Murder

Re: Hello UT'ers and OwnedWell League Admins

Postby WeeDMaN » Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:16 am

I don't mind this either it's been awhile plus he does play a lot & is pretty active in this community so wouldn't see why it would hurt to give him another chance. Also like Murder said he is also a good player & would be good addition to any1's team.

8-)
WeeDMaN

Postby JINNZILLA » Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:18 am

Yea I say we let him in, he pretty much blows now! :lol:
Image Image
JINNZILLA

Postby atr0city » Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:28 am

Look, Murder I appreciate you making this thread but I wish you had of pm'd me first because I would have asked you not to. Reason being, is it just ends up being a big waste of time and just turns into a flame thread.

You're right, it's been over 3 years but it doesn't matter. I will never be unbanned because there are certain admins who flat out hate me, and will always vote no, no matter how long I've been banned. They do cop out pussy shit like threaten to not play in the league if I'm allowed back, nothing is going to change.

I didn't even plan on signing up, because I know it's a waste of time.

So once again, I do appreciate you doing that but I'm sorry to say it's pointless.

If someone could please just delete the thread.

Thanks.
atr0city

Postby rev » Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:49 am

Yes, Heltah should be allowed to play this season. Ridiculous he's still banned considering certain players who are not. I'm sure if I digged I could find at least ten Euros who didn't have the kind of spotlight heltah did, but had way worse records. I would be interested to hear who these certain admins are.

The purpose of banning should serve as a punishment with a process of appeals. Not a dictated death sentence.
rev

Postby vitrae » Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:22 am

Heltah cheated while being an admin in MLIG, who cares if he talked shit before (Murder).
I'm not sure if you can find 10 players with worse records (Euro or not) but you should really get on that. I just hope you don't come with a record from 1950, i'd rather you bring someone that was caught cheating in a server with ACEv8h instead (aka the current ACE, if you know what I mean). Acro is still banned from competition, IJ also and so are the other cheaters who were caught when this ACE was present.

My personal opinion is a no and it will be a no forever (at least until ACE10 comes out). I don't care about your notion of what punishment actually means. If you cheat you should be done for in competition for ever, especially when ACE is not updated. Lance Armstrong would never set foot on tour of France again if he had the age for it, but doesn't mean he can't go around the block with his bycicle. Isn't ryan unbanned already? Can't he pug? He served his punishment and now he's free to ride his bycicle in the pugs, so quit talking about punishments and death sentences to describe this.
vitrae

Postby rev » Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:31 am

Ok, well I guess I have my answer. Your logic is sound except for one critical point: Why the fuck does it matter if you got caught cheating with ACE or not? The way you go about bypassing the anti cheat, including which anti cheat it is, is irrelevant. The point I'm making is many players who are currently allowed to play have cheated much longer and many more times than heltah. And regardless, the community should be able to have a discussion about who is and who isn't banned without admins jumping in and flaming people for even bringing it up.
rev

Postby vitrae » Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:40 am

vitrae

Postby rev » Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:03 am

rev

Postby vitrae » Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:21 am

vitrae

Postby RickJames » Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:42 am

RickJames

Postby miracle » Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:11 am

Rev, Murder, and weedman, and who ever ryan supporters are (im one of them too). Bottom line is 1. Vitz has that view if you cheat you should never be able to come back. and honestly I respect that opinion and I've met a lot of people like that. The only problem with that is ut99 is a old game sometimes 1 player does make a little bit of a difference. at least in my opinion certain players make a difference if they were non existant.

I mean take blackout for example, who would shit talk jyb all day long?? I def can't live without that lol. But I wanted to get Ryan unbanned for sdom season, but the biggest thing about this ban is that owned well made rules out for cheaters; they want to stick to their guns for those rules. Now I agree Ryan has done effort in so far 2 seasons by doing reviews and other posts to show enthusiasm about leagues. I would def enjoy seeing ryan back into the competition field. The better players are always fun to get into this community. But he isn't completely done with his time yet, I would like the owned well admins to consider shortening his time but so far that has failed both times ive seen it asked for. But out of all the cheaters, at least ryan made a i'm sorry video lol :P.

but what ever happens, I understand vitz views, but i also sometimes wish you were a little bit more open vitz:P but I guess you can't be part of the anticheat team if your soft :P. gotta b strict! lol
miracle

Postby Hinata » Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:11 am

He should be allowed to play, regarding the rules. 3 years is enough and if i'm right, he sent his apology video to PACO.

Couple of ex-cheaters are allowed to play on tournaments. From what I see this is all about hate. Good luck with the administration, heltah.
Hinata

Postby Nick » Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:48 am

In my opinion, Ryan has been punished alot. Sitting out a ban for cheating is normal, I think everyone agrees to that. It's just the length of the ban, that can be discussed. As far as I know, Ryan doesn't like me, so this post has nothing to do with stepping up for your friends or whatsoever.

I agree with miracle and think that sitting a ban out for 3 years, is more than enough. I have played a shitload of pugs vs and with Ryan the last year, and I didn't even once get the feeling that somethings off. That being said I think the team of admins should (re-)consider letting former cheaters who sat out their time play. And I totally agree with Rev on this one, why not let them record their entire setup while playing? Mouse / Keyboard and Monitor.
I do understand that we are still using the same ACE version as at the time hes been caught, but recording your entire setup would prevent any player from cheating.

Well that's my opinion, I'm not here to discuss. I respect the admins call. All I am saying is that having good players like Ryan would only improve the skill level of the first OwnedWell iCTF league.
Nick

Postby WeeDMaN » Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:08 am

I feel like if he demos & even records himself play why not let him play in league & I think it is difficult to cheat still while recording yourself play to be honest. Well I know it's up to admins to let him play or not but isn't suppose to be what the community wants so if we have enough support & maybe put a vote up & if enough people vote yes to have him come back then I think he should be allowed to play especially if most the community votes yes. It's not like heltah & I are buddies also but I believe people can change & deserve chances & we should be the jury to decide if he's allowed back.
WeeDMaN

Postby unrealshots » Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:11 am

To be honest he shouldnt be allowed to be in pugs he never made his video or it was never shown. Anyhow in leagues I dont think so either really really vile and disruptive attitude in the game or on ts/mirc when things aren't going his way.

On top of that cheated a few times as an actual admin.... thats pretty disrespectful towards himself to the community and to anyone who looked up to him. I remember he swore I cheated back in the #mlig days and still swears by it now :OWfacepalm:

·=GU II sDOM >3paco Finalist =· ·=GU saDM I Semi Finalist=· ·=GU I PBR Quarter Finalist=· ·=GU II roflnation Winner=· ·=GU III \\cG Semi Finalist=· ·=GU IV \\'. Finalist=· ·=GU V iB. Winner=· ·=OW I iCTF Finalist=·
unrealshots

Postby Lineage » Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:32 am

Prolly not. :OWfacepalm:
Lineage

Postby fisk » Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:38 am

the moment heltah or any lately busted cheater is allowed to play the league i will remove myself from the league
fisk

Postby Sonic|^ » Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:56 am

Sonic|^

Postby atr0city » Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:46 am

Since you guys randomly brought it up, I will say that I did offer to video record myself playing every match. You'd have to be quite the pro cheater to still cheat while doing that vitz.

Shots, I did make a video. I made it over 2 years ago before I even returned back to pugging. But, it doesn't matter what I say to you because you're someone who's hated me (for whatever reason) even before I cheated and that will never change.

I also just want to say, that after all the smoke cleared I actually manned up and admitted that I cheated. Yea, that evidence was daunting and I was already banned regardless, but I could have pulled a fallacy and denied it forever, but I didn't.

Anyway, once again I appreciate those of you who are supporting me but you're all just wasting your time. Unless the admin staff was to change drastically (which it won't), I will never be unbanned because it doesn't matter how long I've been banned, or what I do for the game or the community those who vote no now, will always vote no. (good admins)

It's not my thread, but once again I request it be locked or w/e no point in continuing on with this.
atr0city

Postby n0mer » Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:09 pm

I vote yes, let him play
n0mer

Postby Sauron » Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:20 pm

There is more than enough competition without allowing a multiple time cheater who has cheated with the current anticheat to play. If a new anticheat was implemented, things might be different - however that is not the case. His "apology video" was never seen by the far majority of the community. It was never posted publicly, which was pretty much the point of it. He never apologized to the people he cheated against. He blatantly triggerbotted for an entire match against myself, convict, rain, etc and I never received any sort of apology for his actions. Didn't he alias to pug a couple times as well after being banned? In my eyes he shouldn't even be unbanned from pugging yet, let alone league play.
Sauron

Postby HULKSMASH » Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:22 pm

Support OwnedWell with four clicks & stay up to date <3.

HULKSMASH

Return to Leagues & Tournaments