Unreal Frag Center

Jump to: Board indexGamesUT4General Discussion

Unreal Frag Center

Postby m3ss » Sat May 23, 2015 2:52 pm

Epic is getting ready to release a new feature for UT4 called the "Unreal Frag Center" which is intended to be a one stop shop for UT4 highlights, streams, tournament information, you name it. It'll be pretty much entirely community content driven and curated by Epic. So if you love making highlight reels (I'm looking at you: Sonic, DREW-TANG, and RickJames), now's your chance to get it featured by Epic and literally added to the game.

They've setup a sub-forum for people to post their clips which should be around three minutes or less in length. I think you'll be able to link to longer videos from the shorter clips, so you could make a trailer for any longer videos you might want people to watch and get it featured on the Frag Center. Right now the best way is to post your clips to YouTube and start a thread in the sub-forum, which you can find linked below:

Unreal Frag Center

Now start fragging and frapsing boys! I want to see some fellow Owned Wellians featured on the Frag Center!

Jim Brown @EntropicDev wrote:The Unreal Frag Center is about to go live! The Frag Center is a one-stop shop for highlight reels, news updates, streaming matches, and other UT information.

Our hope is that the FC will (eventually) become procedurally generated, a repository for your career highlights (replays of recent matches, memorable moments, and major accomplishments), a connection point between friends and followers ("your friend is streaming now", "the Eastern Invitational Tournament is streaming live") - as well as the basic news service. We want to see the Frag Center spread from the game to the launcher to the web, making UT available to you anywhere, anytime.

While we'll do our best to keep the news fresh and regularly updated, we want to stress that the content for the Frag Center is generated by you.

As we don't yet have a solution that allows you to securely upload content, we're asking that you start a thread in this forum and link us to your content. We'll be curating the video list by pulling things from the forums.

Want to show off your Duel skills? Want to make a highlight reel of amazing shots or trick jumps? Want to make show off some great art? We can't wait to see it!

EDIT: There's now a scrolling news ticker at the bottom of the Frag Center screen. If there's important news or interesting links that we're not aware of, please let us know and we can update that as well.
Follow me on social media through the links below.
Image Image Image
m3ss

Re: Unreal Frag Center

Postby DREW-TANg » Sat May 23, 2015 10:29 pm

Sweet, thanks for the heads up. I'm getting flashbacks of UTSC.
DREW-TANg

Re: Unreal Frag Center

Postby csnafk » Sun May 24, 2015 4:27 am

DREW-TANg wrote:UTSC.

I'm looking at you, m3ss.
csnafk

Return to General Discussion