Ut error

Jump to: Board indexShare your stuff!Gaming Media

Anything gaming related.

Ut error

Postby Cromaniac » Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:53 am

Hello. I have this big problem, and i tried to fix it for 2 hours but nothing worked. Please help :F

So yesterday something very very very weird happened to my ut. I was in an empty server and while map was transitioning to another, i used command quit binded on key on my keyboard. After that, when ever i try starting up my ut this error pops out http://i.imgur.com/SVVcCIG.png It's not immediatly, only after i press escape or console.

Now i will describe how i tried to fix it and how weird ut behaved. Gizmo had this error before and we fixed it by sending him my console files because error mentions them. It didn't work for me however. Next we tried using xconsole files and udemo files. Also didn't work. I tried using different renderers, nothing. Then i asked viperz to give me his udemo files and it WORKED but i couldn't change back in my ut to d3d9 (it wasn't in options and i forgot i could just add a line in my ut.ini) as i left it on opengl during switching. Also, weird thing, my fov in user ini switched from 85 to 126, but that, i assume, happened after i tried booting ut in safe mode.
So i got this super idea to use system restore, upload old files when they worked and undo system restore, but error was there even in "past"

When i undid system restore, viperzes udemo files suddenly COULDN'T fix the problem. ehhh... So now, since i have clean ut system, that i copied since the download i replaced the system with that one and then i slowly copied files to see which one exactly causes the problem. Results were not surprisingly - udemo files (.u .int ...) So with udemo files of clean system, ut started. BUT of course, it had this weird looking greenish colors. So i notice my colors are on 16bit for some reason and i change them as they were to 32bit AND BUM lol, AGAIN this stupid error.

Now i tried, moving files from old system to clean one, even slower. I started with ut and user.ini (which i didn't before lol). It booted with software renderer. Then i put in my d3d9.ini,dll,int and the problem occured again. At this point i just gave up...

AND FINALLY, i go to sleep, i wake up, i boot ut aaaand.. it works... Perfectly normal, with my inis and d3d9 files (and clean system udemo files) I then play one lms map, exit it and boot it again. yup, you guessed it... error... occured...

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

It isn't clear at all if udemo files, or my inis or d3d9 files are what causes the problem. It seems like everything somehow got corrupted. Please, don't make me download ut again, and start over with getting 9gb files :(
Cromaniac

Re: Ut error

Postby csnafk » Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:01 am

"BREAKING NEWS: Cromaniac's draft stock drops significantly just hours before the draft after costly UT error"
csnafk

Postby NakedMan » Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:04 am

TL:DR Cro trying to get his salary lower.
NakedMan

Postby LoSaH » Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:04 am

You have too many demo's in your System/demo folder. Move/clean them and your problem is gone.
LoSaH

Postby Monk » Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:22 am

The problem is normally caused by the .dem files in your system folder. When UT launches, udemo manager iterates over your demos trying to sort them in Alphabetical order, so that when you go to Mod > Demo Manager all your demos are listed.

In general, you should try to regularly move your demos out of your system folder to improve performance.

I don't know why it didnt work on a clean install though. Are you sure it was the same error?
Monk

Postby Cromaniac » Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:59 am

It seems like this was cause of the problem but now just a part of it. Error is still there but i've managed to narrow down where problem lies.

As you said Monk, weird that error was there even with new udemo that had different path (to system folder). Because normally i keep my demos in special folder outside ut.
Now i emptied that folder, checked the path which is still on it in udemo.ini and error is still there. Ut is also still booting with software renderer and opengl.

It has to do something with my d3d9. I have original copies of the ut.ini, d3d9drv.dll, and d3d9drv.int from before i changed something (and i changed only some d3d9 settings in ini) Copying d3d9 files and replacing with current ones didnt do anything but when replacing the ut.ini game boots normally. I assume some line changed in ut.ini somehow.

So basically, problem is fixed, i just gotta do some minor work.
Thanks a lot for the help!! I ll make sure it doesn't happen again :D Hopefully, it stays ok now xD
Cromaniac

Postby LoSaH » Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:34 pm

This is fucking hilarious. You're a master to hide your cheats but you have no clue to fix a simple demo error :lol:
LoSaH

Postby Viperzz^ » Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:42 pm

Viperzz^

Postby finalzje » Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:25 pm

That's gotta hurt.
finalzje

Return to Gaming Media