SaCTF-Nuance99

Jump to: Board indexGamesUT99Mapping

SaCTF-Nuance99

Postby northern` » Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:51 pm

I am interested in what people think of the sniper version of Nuance. Does it feel well balanced the way it is? Should it be made more offensive oriented or more defensive oriented? Let me know your thoughts.
northern`

Re: SaCTF-Nuance99

Postby atr0city » Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:56 pm

The placement of powerups are actually perfect, good job on those. My main issue with the new nuance is the addition of those pillars in middle. This map was already a very high cap in IG, it didn't need things like this to make it even harder for the defense.

Those pillars make a mid lift switch to catwalk run very OP. In the pug I played, steel did the same run over and over and it worked pretty much every time, even with us knowing the run he was doing.. left our base high left, then dropped to lift when he got mid and lift jumped to catwalk mid.I t's almost impossible to stop that run with those pillars there. almost 100% of the time you spawn on the right side, so you have no vision of the efc until he has actually landed ontop of the catwalk in mid. You then have 1 shot at him before he's gone completely.

I understand the thinking behind the pillars, but they're really not needed at all. If you wanted to keep some of it I'd suggest removing the one pillar that completely blocks vision of the lift and lift jump, like I said it just makes that run really op as fuck.

Aside from the pillars, very good map.
atr0city

Re: SaCTF-Nuance99

Postby rain » Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:07 pm

Mid needs to be altered and I guarantee you play that map in a competitive game and there will be backshooting across the map galore and the bitchfest will never end on how it was a terrible map to put in.

The pillars may not be the perfect fix, but it's a start to somewhere. Address the problems that they cause and look for a solution around them that still provides what they were intended for.
rain

Return to Mapping