DOM-Under99

Jump to: Board indexGamesUT99Mapping

DOM-Under99

Postby northern` » Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:03 am

The most popular TAM map for UT2k4 has arrived in 99 as an SDOM map! It has an open, multi-level theme that has promise to be a unique map for SDOM. All credits for the original map goes to Marsfire. Major thanks to Jinn for helping test the map.

Tips/Things to know about the map:
-Lift jumping is important in this map, many pickups are only available via lift jumping (the jumps are easy, just stay on the lifts for as long as possible before you jump)
-The amp can be accessed via a boost from all 3 points, although the low point is the hardest one to pull off (the low/mid points require lift + boost, the high point requires just a jump + boost)
-While the map is open, the low and mid points cannot be seen directly from the high point
-The lifts are small, so you have to avoid moving too much while attempting a lift jump

Here are the files you will need.

Texture -
Map -

SIDE NOTE - While making the map I ran into a problem with the texture pack "Velt" from Nuance. A new version of Nuance with a new texture pack has to be uploaded to avoid conflicts between the two maps.

Texture -
Map -
northern`

Re: DOM-Under99

Postby Einheit » Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:04 am

Einheit

Postby RickJames » Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:14 pm

I took some ss for you:

This map is interesting if nothing else. My main concern is that the map is so open, while the cps are so flat and basic. There aren't any technical aspects to the cps or nuanced positioning- They're just big, open, mostly flat or rectangular areas. This isn't necessarily a bad thing by itself, but usually maps that don't have technical cps have other aspects that make them interesting (increased roaming/teamplay ability, interesting amp dynamic, etc). Hard to tell if this map will have those aspects or not yet.

Also, the amp is in a really vulnerable spot, and many of the pus (and just getting around in general) require lift jumps or dodges up ramps, which make players really easy to hit. Could make amps too useless, and having players constantly in the air could make the map too easy to frag on, dunno for sure.
RickJames

Postby ulo » Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:11 am

I will look more into this map when I get home to my desktop computer (around 3-4th Jan).

It's not that I don't care for the map or the effort, but I can't even make simple elevator jumps on the laptop so looking through maps I don't have any previous experience of is really hard and I rather wait and give some proper feedback.

Keep up the good work!
ulo

Postby PACO » Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:54 pm

Uploaded to ip1. Will look at it later.
PACO

Postby northern` » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:23 pm

Version 2 of Under has a ton of changes that will make the map flow better.

Major changes:
-A lift to get up to the high point
-A ramp to get up to the high point
-Removed the boost pad to the high point
-Jump boots added (these can be found near one of the low spawns in a compartment, the door must be shot to be triggered open)
-Portal added down low that takes you to the mid and vice versa
-Lighting overall reduced, resulting in better contrast
-Various aesthetic changes

Under99_v2 -

The required texture is in the original post.

Please note that to avoid problems with the textures on the map you must replace Nuance and the original "Velt" texture. "Velt" is the texture pack for Under, "Velt2" is the texture pack for Nuance. Check the original post for the links to download them.
northern`

Postby medor » Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:40 am

Link textures: the 2 are broken
medor

Postby northern` » Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:14 pm

New version of Under -
Velt texture for Under -

New version of Nuance -
Velt2 texture for Nuance -

Sorry about that.
northern`

Postby KillEmAll » Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:36 pm

KillEmAll

Postby northern` » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:58 pm

Here's the texture for whoever needs it, I thought it was a stock texture but I guess not.

Anc2 -
northern`

Return to Mapping