DOM-BloodRun

Jump to: Board indexGamesUT99Mapping

Re: DOM-BloodRun

Postby HUMPTY » Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:39 am

What HULKSMASH said
Teleport maybe where the mega health is in ql would be better(where the vials are now)
Enjoyed lava cp, would even make the ledge the belts on go out further.
HUMPTY

Postby MP/5 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:40 am

i played the low cp before the changes and yesterday on the new version, the only problem i saw was that spawn u added on low near the bouncer that takes you to armor.
so many people spawn there its impossible to try to control any power ups because by the time you come back or even just drop for vials 2 players have already spawned there and get an easy shot on you, not to mention if u try to go for the health package and your oppo already spawned there. take off that spawn and it will probably be fine.
some people came from the old belt room to pass there cause they probably didn't know the faster way is to go to the teleports closer to them but once people know the map that wont be an issue so just gotta take off that awful on spot spawn to make it playable. other than that great job :OWgrinsgasm:
MP/5

Postby ulo » Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:09 am

I agree that spawn point really backfired BADLY. Sorry for that suggestion! Was supposed to only trigger when the guy in control is at the armor spot, but I guess spawns don't always do what you want :P. So take it away and I hope everyone forget I suggested it fast enough ;).

Lava seems to go more and more into a 2 on 2 points so I thought it could possible use another health pack. My suggestion is here:
ulo

Postby Monk » Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:23 pm

Goes without saying that it looks stunning, very aesthetically pleasing.

Obviously I was lost for the first half of the map so a little tough to have strong opinions on anything. I feel like it played a bit like Campgrounds, in that it is quite big and open and takes a few dodges to get to your CP. I think this map has a lot of potential.

Lava: I feel like the lava is doing a little bit too much damage. Getting boosted in there on 100hp is instant death – I know this is similar to the slime wall at tears on SlimeTime, but SlimeTime is a much faster paced map. Maybe reduce the damage slightly – players will be vulnerable while trying to jump out anyway (due to having to jump). Interested in what other people think on this.

Top: Didn’t play it for very long. Feel like it’s quite tough to get to when your team mates have the other CPs locked down. Should make for an interesting dynamic, somewhat like Cryptic Daemon head.

Low: At present it is a crazy mess. Too much traffic is funnelled through there. Spawn change would fix that.

The big open room below the belt location has no footfall at all now I believe? Unless I'm taking a bad spawn route which is highly possible.
Monk

Postby Swiftshade » Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:51 pm

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5tebtnrdd09lr ... 1.zip?dl=0

Removed spawn from low bouncer.

Lowered lava damage slightly.

Added second health pack at lava point.
Swiftshade

Postby RickJames » Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:33 pm

RickJames

Postby MP/5 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:59 am

they came there to take the portal cause they didnt know there r portals closer to where they spawned, i think that portal is actually ok where it is.
MP/5

Postby HULKSMASH » Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:37 pm

Support OwnedWell with four clicks & stay up to date <3.

HULKSMASH

Previous

Return to Mapping