CTF-Elsinore][

Jump to: Board indexGamesUT99Mapping

CTF-Elsinore][

Postby Einheit » Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:50 pm

Good evening gentlemen!

The latest version of my now 8-month-project should be online on the servers right now.
Hope you enjoy it and can give me some feedback so I can provide a more teamplay oriented layout. Thanks!

The version which is online on the gameservers:
A version which contains different layouts and options:

The version which is online has the wide siderooms, no passage to the outer lanes and the fans closer to the mid.
Some screenshots and descriptions of the options:

The red boxes mark the side rooms. The upper shot shows the old version, which is smaller and has these stages.
The lower screenshot shows the new version, which is about 256 world units wider and has the stages which are only accessible from the kicker or the spawns on them.

The green boxes mark the holes in the stage in the flagroom. In the new version they are gone.
Pros:
- One does not fall down now
- It might be not so easy to defend from high now
Cons:
- Defenders now can shoot attackers who enter from low in the back. The old version gave the attackers a chance to shoot them through the holes

The pink box marks ramp threatment for the stairs. I expect everyone to prefer this.

The pic below shows the old (right) and the new layout (left). The new layout should set the average spawn further back but the same time not closer to the flag. The new layout would fit better to the wider version of the siderooms.

------------------------------------------------------------------

These pics show the entirely new and shorter mid area.

I don't think I have to tell very much about the blue boxes. The opened version makes it just more difficult to cross the mid. I really don't know which version is better.

The white boxes are about the kickers. The upper screenshot shows a layout which fits to the passage to the outer lanes, while its more difficult to jump from lower mid to high. This kicker kicks you up with a value of 900 and to the mid with a value of 100
The lower screenshot would fit more to a closed outer lane. It currently kicks you straight upwards with 800.

Because I'm not really pleased with the mid right now I'm also open for entirely new ideas or modifications to the old version.

Image[/quote]
Einheit

Re: CTF-Elsinore][

Postby PACO » Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:00 am

This map looks great and hopefully won't need too many tweaks. I'll have it on ip1 for testing purposes and will likely stream playing it tomorrow. Thanks Einheit.
PACO

Postby mng » Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:17 am

Map looks great, cant wait to play it!
mng

Postby HULKSMASH » Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:01 am

Looks cool! I will also join the beta elsinore pug! Wooo

Support OwnedWell with four clicks & stay up to date <3.

HULKSMASH

Postby ErrorCZ » Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:32 pm

ErrorCZ

Postby Darkside » Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:34 pm

played it last night for the first time. Considering how toxic this community can be about maps, this was definitely playable and enjoyable. Everyone on our ts was having a good time juking all over on flag runs, standoffs, etc...but it definitely needs some fine tuning...

In no order:
1. we had a flag fall on the fan booster in mid that couldn't be returned from above. I bounced directly on it 3 times before someone returned from dodging from below. (minor overall)

2. SPAWNS... if newnet/UT stays the same in regard to spawns, something should be (or at least attempted to be) changed about the spawns. There are 3-5? locations high to high-mid which seem to be the most common spawn - on top of flag carriers (really everyone). Falling back on flag carriers was pretty easy with comms. And with high-mid being basically a skinny pathway, it created a huge bottleneck.

3. I kept getting glitches on all the lifts (inside the base and on the outer sides). I don't know if it's my 90-100 ping or they just need some general smoothing out?

Good shit man!!!! Thank you!
Darkside

Postby PACO » Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:53 pm

From what I saw, I'd make a few suggestions..

1. Low right/left by the ramp in the middle, you can fall into the side and not get up.

2. I'd cut two of the high spawns, believe there were 9 and a bunch stacked up high. Spawns might need a few revisions and they can totally dictate the tempo of a map.

3. Saw some people glitch through lifts.. not sure if this is newnet or map related?

4. When people hit bouncers it should make a noise and an effect (for reference, look at Duku bouncers).

Map looked really cool. I hope it is optimized and I'm going to try and get it onto the next iCTF season maplist. Really happy that you stumbled onto our community and I love what you have been bringing to the table.
PACO

Postby wndg » Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:45 pm

I enjoyed the map and I'll try to take some notes next time I play it. Both these non mappers giving more input than I can muster at this time. Glad to see people enjoying one of your maps, seems like you put a lot of work into them.
wndg

Postby atr0city » Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:36 am

I tried the map, didn't like it at all. This map is borderline impossible to defend, so if we want a 10-9 pub style scores then I guess it's ok but I didn't like the layout at all.

It is beyond wayyyy too easy to juke here, there are single person lifts it feels like everywhere in mid. If the EFC simply leaves low, on either side if someone is chasing them they can just hop on the lift and then it's a cap. You're up high with options to juke switch back low, or to either side of your teams base and it's 100% impossible to catch up to the EFC once they grab one of these lifts.

Also, the spawns are not good it felt like they were all in mid, nothing near the flag room. So if you get shot defending, it's pretty much impossible to get back to the flagroom before he grabs the flags and runs out in god knows w/e direction. So you're pretty much stuck waiting in mid, hoping that you run into him.

I didn't like the layout, the spawns, or the way the map flowed. It felt like a pub server map, and it will always produce pub map type scores.

Not a fan.
atr0city

Postby Darkside » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:02 am

after your first time playing it, you ranted on ts for an uninterrupted 4 minutes about how bad the map is....
i just hope you've played it more than once before posting a neg review.

to address your negative points:
impossible to defend if it's your first time? sure!
juke = cap? plenty of mid spawns to jump on the flag carrier - 100% possible with comms

Just another example of not giving a map a chance
Darkside

Postby Sauron » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:07 pm

Maps should always be very difficult to defend the first few times playing them. If they aren't, defense is way too easy and the map is garbage (or the people you are playing are garbage).
Sauron

Postby bear » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:13 pm

i like this map
bear

Postby PACO » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:01 pm

Einheit sent me an updated version but I think that the current version could use a few more plays before we decide on any edits. Most new and good maps have high scores initially and then the defense learns how to narrow in and lock down. If it's easy at the start, it becomes a nightmare down the road. Lets get a few more reps.
PACO

Postby Palak » Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:38 am

Hello team. I am Palak and I like this map.
Palak

Postby Einheit » Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:15 pm

Thanks for the feedback! I am going to be in berlin till the end of the week and will be busy with school for another week. Hope you guys continue pugging this map, would also be nice if someone recorded demos. Would be a big help. I don't know if the version I sent PACO is playable or too buggy, so expect other playable versions in about 2 weeks.
Einheit

Postby blackout\\ » Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:13 pm

Not sure how I feel about this, with a decent flag runner, it would be easily to juke and stall in certain spots. Once that happens and you lose the flag carrier, it's about an 80% chance the flag is already at mid or in their base. Walls would probably have to be open up a bit or windows made into them. Still feel it's a bit big. Otherwise it's a very aesthetically pleasing map.
blackout\\

Postby Einheit » Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:16 pm

New version: wider bases, wider side lanes. Flag carriers should be easier to hunt down now.
Also never experienced any lift bugs. Don't know whether i didn't play it enough or its actually a nn bug.
Spawns will need some adjustments, but that only will be possible if someone plays the map ;)

New base:

Download latest version:
Einheit

Postby Zac » Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:07 pm

Looks like a nicely made map, great job!
The flow seems perfect, even though I wont get a chance to check it
Lighting is perfect btw

<+Se7eN> zac's UT mouse is like a Wii controller, he has to swing that shit like a wildman

Steam Name: nut_zac
Zac

Return to Mapping