CTF-Pryxon

Jump to: Board indexGamesUT99Mapping

CTF-Pryxon

Postby ulo » Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:55 am

Third out to the work is Pryxon. The one thing that always bugged me was the silly low spawn which seems to have no real use. So we wanted to try and take this away and replace it with something that only slightly maybe could alter the trend of more or less always going out high also.

So we wanted to get rid of this spawn:

And decided to replace it with two spawns on on each side of the map as such:

We hope those spawns will make it a tad bit harder to go through high since those should be able to fallback on high if needed.

I also had a idea of making catching up someone high via being able to shoot them from mid could be a nice idea. So we put in snipe holes on both sides of the high routes now as such:

I don't think they will have any major impact since it's one hell of a shot to make and the time it takes to dodge pass them is low so the chance of making a shot through one of those holes while most likely fighting with other of the enemy team in the mid field is slim. But I still like that the chance is there and it will at least make it easier to track a enemy flag carrier going out high. Making capping on this map slightly harder.

So onto the request again, feedback please and yet again keep it constructive please!

Download link:
http://www.file-upload.net/download-965 ... 5.rar.html
ulo

Re: CTF-Pryxon

Postby Sauron » Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:44 am

This map is garbage and needs junked. The changes only make it more difficult on offense. You didn't make low any easier to take with these changes, you only make high and the sides harder. You also made juking more difficult because of the increased visibility with those holes. Bad ideas in general.
Sauron

Postby ulo » Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:02 am

ulo

Postby RickJames » Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:16 am

The only really viable routes on this map in league play are sides and high, so why make them harder? Don't know why capping on this map needs to be harder.
RickJames

Postby kud » Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:30 am

I liked the flow of this map originally. The mid spawn was very important as a defensive player, so when I hear that the reasoning for removing it is that it's useless...well I lose some confidence. Maybe you just bad @ pryxon brehs. <3
The sniper holes could go either way. To me they seem like a crutch for lazy/unaware defense to just sit in mid and not get juked. I really liked the isolation of that hallway in a map as crazy as pryxon. Players like imperious/sponge/and other runners were valuable last season on that map since they knew how to trick players. It kind of feels like putting a sniper winder between base/side on broken limits

that's imo though

edit: plz fix zoning so seals work correctly
ImageImageImage
kud

Postby Sauron » Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:27 am

Sauron

Postby Darkside » Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:07 am

i've had issues with low mid spawns since day 1. it's so easy for fraggy defenders to sit mid and spawnkill and still see 75% of incomings. And at the same time it's needed for defenders... idk if there's a good fix since we've been over this a few times now with no solution.

my only other problem with this map is the flag being a like a pillar in the flag room - blocking vision across the flag room.
Darkside

Postby pulip » Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:54 pm

I don't think this map needs any change.
My thoughts on the changes you've made:

1. That low spawn is shit, but it is important for the flow on this map. Without it there would be no action in middle low and it would feel like a dead zone. As it is now it is a bit DMish on the middle, but you can still ignore it if you so choose.
Spawns on middle-sides also just sounds stupid.

2. Those little windows is a good idea to have on middle side also, good change! +++
pulip

Postby spydee » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:12 pm

keep the low spawn and add another one on the side directly opposite to it. if people want to dm mid let them
change high entrance right above flag so it is possible to dodge off and grab flag rather than just falling/jumping down. should be easy to grab flag this way with the increases dodge velocity and not get fragged every time

add 2 doors on each side in mid covering the sides from mid, like coret style double doors, or narrow that gap a lot. keep the peek holes on the side so all the routes arent completely isolated
spydee

Postby rain » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:22 pm

rain

Return to Mapping