Which do you think I should get of the 3?

Jump to: Board indexCommunityGeneral discussion

Which do you think I should get of the 3?

Postby Hermione » Sat Apr 11, 2015 1:44 pm

Hey everyone, I just bought a new mouse pad, razer goliathus control, and I feel like it's time for a mouse upgrade also.

I'm currently using the G400s but I dont really like it for some reason, feels very cheap and looks lame plus I'm tryna find another mouse with a better sensor.

Which would you guys reccommend out of the 3 mouse here?

1) Logitech G303 Daedalus Apex Performance Edition
Apparently this is a great mouse, with a G502 sensor and lighter feel, it even colors up, it's what im looking for but it's 100$ online and cant be found in stores, and it rather looks kinda small.

2) Corsair Raptor M45
Really top reviews on this mouse, seems just like the M65 but the stupid sniper button is removed.

3) Death Adder Chroma
Lots of people use this mouse, looks decent and lights up. Top reviews too.

*BONUS*

Mionix Avior 7000
Great reviews on this one

So all which mouse should I get here... :?:
Hermione
banned

Re: Which do you think I should get of the 3?

Postby HoBoX » Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:16 pm

I would think that they logitech g303 but honestly, isn't the g502 cheaper? I own it and I fregin love it. Other than that, the mionix
HoBoX

Postby Hermione » Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:31 pm

Im getting mixed reviews on the g502, some people are saying its to heavy and hard to turn. But then some are saying the sensor is accurate.
Hermione
banned

Postby finalzje » Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:24 pm

After 7 years of logitech i bought a Deathadder 2013.
The mouse feels more responsive then the logitech ones did.
finalzje

Postby reflex » Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:03 pm

As someone with a bit of a mouse problem (currently own a MX518, G400, G400s, G100s, G302, Deathadder 2013, Sensei RAW, Zowie FK, Zowie EC2-A) these are my thoughts:

The G100s and Zowie FK are my personal favorites as they're so small, light and comfortable that they feel like an extension of my hand. Unfortunately, both have certain drawbacks that prevent me from using them.

The FK has extremely stiff switches that make reaction time shots in hitscan based games (UT99 iCTF, awping in CS:GO) a chore. Apparently, there's reports that all Zowie mice have much higher button latency than that of Logitech mice (see ). At one point in time I had the FK plugged in alongside the G400s and G302, always scored around 170ms on with the Logitech mice, yet I couldn't get under 200ms with the FK.

The G100s is fantastic for the price but mouse1/mouse2 eventually end up getting the double-click issue with only a couple months of use, also no side buttons blows. If it had side buttons and a better build quality I would buy 10 of these and be set for life (release the G102 already pls Logitech).

MX518/G400/G400s are classics and served me well for almost 10 years, but in terms of shape they feel like bricks after trying smaller ambidextrous mice. My hand didn't agree with the DA shape but if you have larger hands you'll probably like it, it is the most popular gaming mouse for a reason.

Personally, I've been using the G302 for the past month and I'm enjoying it. The G302/G303 has an awkward shape that takes at least a couple days of getting used to but I'm likely gonna stick with it until Logitech (hopefully) releases a G102. I just wish the cable wasn't so stiff, I swear you could reel in a shark with this thing. Even with a mouse bungie it's still a pain in the ass. Zowie definitely has the best cables by far.

TL;DR: Try different mice out and see what suits you. No one can tell you what mouse is the best as it's preference. Shape is the most important as long as the sensor isn't complete ass. You're Canadian right? I've bought a shit ton of mice from my local canadacomputers and you can return within 15 days no questions asked.
Last edited by reflex on Sun Apr 12, 2015 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
reflex

Postby RickJames » Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:28 pm

g303:

I have one and although the sensor feels great, I don't play well with it because of the shape and the cord. The shape is awful, and I get hand cramps after 20-30 mins. I can't find a good way to hold it with my slightly-above-average size hands. The mouse is light, however the cord is very thick and adds a ton of weight by itself. A bungee or something similar would solve this, however I couldn't find a bungee that would fit the cord (it's twice as thick as the space in my Razer mouse bungee).

m45:

Has a random dpi changing issue that hasn't been fixed yet. The mouse will randomly increase it's dpi setting by 100-200 during use, and there's currently no solution. Also,
the mouse feet are very thin and it's been tested to have an even higher amount of input lag than the zowie mice (which, as reflex pointed out, have significant input lag problems).

Deathadder:

Get the standard 2k13 and not the chroma if you go for a deathadder. This is because the chroma has higher dpi that's been achieved through interpolation (basically increasing the dpi value of a sensor past it's native resolution artificially, which causes jitter and other issues). The chroma also has stiffer mouse buttons.

I'm not aware of any issues with the 2k13 deathadder, although I haven't tried one. Of the 3, I'd say it's the best option on paper.
Last edited by RickJames on Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
RickJames

Postby Hermione » Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:52 pm

Good reviews rj and reflex, will definitely take it into consideration, i do live in toronto and have a canada computers, but its rather far and i cba to keep travelling back and fourth testing up to 5 mice. My hand feel is rather unique as i can use any mouse and get accustomed to the feel, ive used a g9x, g500, and g400s etc and i dont have a problem witht the grip or shapes of these mice, im just looking for a mouse that has a good sensor or the best sensors and that have no issues. So far ive heard good on the mionix, great sensor, feel and no flaws to my knowledge. As of know im leaning towards the g303 for the sensor, looks and reviews, in 2 weeks ill have to make a decision thats when im gonna buy my new mouse.
Hermione
banned

Postby blade » Sun Apr 12, 2015 1:07 am

Avoid Deathadder. They break too easily. I went through 3 of them in 6 years. I was stupid for buying the third one couple years ago to give it ANOTHER chance..

-Scroll wheel goes within 6-10 months.. Ehh, not too bad without scroll-wheel
-Next goes the left clicker, which registers double-clicks constantly.. Shoddy quality
-Next goes the teflon feet (this one will obviously happen after 2 years of heavy use so not fault of teflon)

Razer mouse drivers are bit annoying.. They add couple extra background processes (one of them is REQUIRED). Updates annoy you until you say "HERE.. UPDATE, YOU BASTARD!! HAPPY NOW???" lol :lol:

Hope. Inspire. Dream. Live.
blade

Postby Hermione » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:21 pm

Well, I just made a decision and I ordered the ROCCAT™ Kone Pure Military - Naval Storm Edition.
The reason is because, my local PC shop was selling it for half price, so it was a good idea to get this now before the deal is gone, I paid 40$ and the original is 79.99. Has a ergonomic look, changes colors, and has a very good sensor like the Avior 7000 and m45, plus the reviews are awesome, So what do you guys think, definitely can't go wrong for 40$ if it sucks, i'll re choose a mouse to get!

Hermione
banned

Postby Whippersnapper » Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:48 am

Whippersnapper

Postby rootsoft » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:13 am

Keep your current one.
rootsoft

Postby Hermione » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:41 pm

Hey all friends, i got my mouse today, after an hour testing it and getting used to it, i must say its fockin amazing mate, clearly the best mouse i have ever used/owned.

First of all, the color scheme thing is brilliant, the scroll wheel feels so sturdy at top quality compared to that g400s one. The mouse fits amazinly into my hand, and glides well on my mousepad, it feels accurate and smooth, and the build quality over all is solid, the driver for the mouse is really small, and only uses 2.9mb of ram in the task manager when its open, compared to 13 mb on the g400s, setup was extremely simple and the software is simple and elegant, and it has a red and black solid braided cable.

10/10 would get this mouse again.
Hermione
banned

Postby xios » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:34 am

Well I'm glad it is working out for you. Out of the original 3 you listed, I use the Mionix Avior 7000 and am very happy with it (though the g502 is a close contender). I used to use the deathadder but the arch sits too high for my hands. I've heard mixed reviews on the g303 with it's diamond shape feeling awkward to some.
xios

Return to General discussion