Headsets/microphones

Jump to: Board indexCommunityGeneral discussion

Headsets/microphones

Postby blade » Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:33 pm

Hey, what headsets do you all use? I want to see what others use because I am looking for something decent (I am getting Nuance Dragon for voice-to-text for some hand issues). If you post a headset/mic, just mention how good you think the microphone is on it.

I am looking at desktop mics too BUT they often pick up too much background noise.. That makes desktop mics bit problematic (kitchen/dining table is in next room so lots of background noise).. Truly no budget as it is for long term use.. $50 to $300.. All cards are on the table.

Many people recommend . Personally, I don't like boom mics that would be in your face for 8+ hours a day.. Only thing I have seen so far without a boom mic is but this is closed headphones that would eliminate all background sound & close air movement.

edited: Also looking at , but I am not sure how earbuds would feel for long hours of usage.. Anyone use earbuds for long gaming sessions?

I currently use .. Not bad but it is crappy noise-cancelling & picks up stuff from other room :|
Last edited by blade on Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Hope. Inspire. Dream. Live.
blade

Re: Headsets/microphones

Postby RickJames » Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:37 pm

The beyerdynamic mmx300 is the best all in one gaming headset you can buy. Mine is incredible. You need a powerful sound card or mobo to really drive and get the best out of it. It's basically the famous beyerdynamic dt770 with an exceptional microphone added and tweaked for lower impedance and less bass.
RickJames

Postby blade » Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:39 pm

blade

Postby KillEmAll » Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:34 pm

I have an older set of lower end Sennheisers. The mic is all but perfect, and the sound is great also. There is a huge difference in my opinion between onboard sound and a good sound card.
KillEmAll

Postby clankiller » Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:46 pm

i use a set of white v-moda m-100 dj headphones with a boom mic that plugs in to them... i cant play this fucking game but i look cool as fuck tho...

CK..
clankiller

Postby Hermione » Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:19 pm

I have this one, well I had bought it long ago for 14.99 at walmart, and it was working fine for a while, next thing you know the left ear side would not emit any sound, so i had only sound in one ear, after that something was wrong with the plugs, and only 1 could work at a time, either as a headphone only, or as a mic only without sound. I kid you not i threw that shit in my drawer and it still sits there to this day.
Hermione
banned

Postby exixt » Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:49 am

Logitech g330. Have used it for quite a while now and I'm as satisfied with it as when I first gave it a shot.
exixt

Postby Darkside » Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:10 pm

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... -_-Product

on budget and efficient. Been using this headset for 7-8 years.
Darkside

Postby bug » Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:18 pm

only talking with

and only listening with
bug

Postby blade » Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:09 pm

I am considering these from ..

I wish they had cheaper wired version.. I like the invisible mic (I get annoyed by in-your-face mics) and 10 hours of use between recharge! They are dual-band wifi & Bluetooth, which is awesome.. Phone/desktop both connected at same time :shock: :shock:

"Hey n00bs wait up, Scarlett Johanssen calling me" as I lean back, mute TS and get box of tissues out.. "Hi Scarlett"... ;) (tissues are for wiping my tears in joy, you pervs! :lol:)

blade

Postby finalzje » Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:22 pm

Asus xonar dx:

Astro A50's

I use the headset aswell for the PS4..
finalzje

Postby csnafk » Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:18 pm

csnafk

Postby Killing » Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:04 am

I use the Steel Series SIberia v2 headsets... Very comfy for long term use. And Microphone is a solid 8/10
Killing

Postby ramdrop » Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:20 am

I want finalz headset, shame I'm poor :(

Roccat Kave XTD 5.1, does the job :) I can hear all kinds of useful stuff in games, very accurate sound and attractive price. Plus, I can answer my mobile phone during games and the quality is brilliant.

Used to own Siberia v2 & SS 7H (Fnatic) as well.

ramdrop

Postby kud » Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:02 pm

ImageImageImage
kud

Postby HULKSMASH » Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:35 pm

Support OwnedWell with four clicks & stay up to date <3.

HULKSMASH

Postby Hallu » Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:24 am

Hallu

Postby m3ss » Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:28 am

I used to use the Siberia v2's, but with my big head they get a bit uncomfortable during extended play sessions. I recently bought the HyperX Cloud2's and am very happy with the sound quality and comfort level. They're a bit pricier than the Siberia's but worth the money imo. I don't use the microphone though as I have a condenser mic + mixer setup, so I can't really comment on it's quality.
Follow me on social media through the links below.
m3ss

Postby Monk » Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:58 am

The turtle beach that I had briefly had this very annoying feature where by you could hear yourself in the earphones. It wasn't full volume but it was definitely there. It didn't seem to be able to be turned off either. Not sure if it's been fixed in later versions but it really discouraged me from getting turtle bach.
Monk

Postby blade » Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:34 pm

blade

Postby kE- » Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:26 pm

sennheiser 360 g4me

ASUS Xonar Essence STX

I can really recommend the headset. Good for music, decent for gaming. Not as bass heavy as the general "gaming" headsets. Not ridicously priced either for a sennheiser. Mic is not fixed as well and can easily be turned upwards, which also mutes it.

Soundcard also a recommendation if u have shitty sound on your mobo like i did. Only does stereo tho iirc, but it does it really well :-)
kE-

Postby Hatchet » Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:09 pm

7.1 surround sound or go home, if you take gaming seriously and the game supports it you cannot live without it.

Wont even argue with this point.
Hatchet

Postby xios » Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:00 pm

Those Astro A50's look very nice finalz. I've been wanting to go wireless for a long time, hoping for one with good battery life and a mic boom, while not being sky high in price. I may have to give those consideration on my next upgrade. Right now I'm just using Logitech G430's which get the job done but the cable is 10 feet long and gets snaked and snagged on shit around my desk a lot.
xios

Postby beck » Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:22 pm

Yea, wireless would be nice. For the longest time they weren't up to par with wired sets but I'm sure thats all changed.

I'm rocking Razer Tiamat 2.2's. They aren't the best but they sure are comfortable.

beck

Postby KillEmAll » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:39 pm

Just bought these the other day. So far I am loving them. The wireless is excellent and the sound is spot on. The battery life is supposed to be 10 hours. I tried the Razer Kraken pros first, but took them back and got the H2100's.

KillEmAll

Postby blade » Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:44 pm

Update:

I'm probably getting Plantronics BackBeat PRO as I'm saving up money.. I know Plantronics has average reputation, but trust me these are high-end wireless headset in most reviews I read on google and elsewhere. You can also activate/disable Active Noise Cancellation. I will keep it off, and should get 35-40hrs of battery life between recharges.

It has very good hidden microphone too, and you can simultaneously link it to 2 separate sources using bluetooth (will be phone & pc for me). APTX software, which this headphone uses, is supposed to be very good.

http://www.amazon.com/Plantronics-BackB ... B00MBWIL0G

blade

Postby xios » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:48 pm

My Logitech G430's snapped in half the other day so I said enough is enough after this happening in the past with other headsets. The result is me shelling out almost $300 for a nice wireless headset with no regrets.

I picked up the Steelseries H Series Wireless Gaming headset and I'm in love. It comes with a myraid of connection cables but also two Li-Ion batteries so you can hot swap while one is charging on the base and essentially range anxiety is eradicated. I've been getting about 3+ days per charge with heavy usage in the evenings. The sound quality and comfort has blown me away. They claim to have the lowest latency in the 'industry', and I have no arguments against that so far. They also have some unique features that let you adjust the EQ, automatically turn up people talking over the game, and some kind of sound sharing feature for xbox. I also like that the volume control is built right into the edge of the ear cups and the mic boom is both position configurable but also retractable.

xios

Postby Hermione » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:16 pm

My steel series siberia v2 broke, well the mic part broke it wouldnt give mic feedback but the earphones worked for music etc.. SO I got a new headset. Razer Carcharias

First thoughts about this headset is that its amazing, its so comfortable on the head compared to other headsets Ive owned, The mic quality is great and the sound is awesome, it even lights up green at the sides, which i find really cool, the volume control apparatus on the mic is very cool also with lots of options. This is an awesome device, would always buy it, just need to see how long this thing can last for.
Hermione
banned

Return to General discussion