Gaming mice

Jump to: Board indexCommunityGeneral discussion

Gaming mice

Postby SJA94 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:39 pm

Can anyone recommend any good gaming mice, preferably optical ones?
[/color]
SJA94

Re: Gaming mice

Postby kud » Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:15 pm

i've enjoyed the g502, but I do need to disable the dpi+ button while playing because my finger kept activating it.
ImageImageImage
kud

Postby m3ss » Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:38 pm

I used to use the but I recently switched to the . Both mice are pretty good but I favor the Rival despite the fact that my first one died on me and the thumb grip seems to wear out quickly. The DeathAdder is a bit heavier which is why I think I favor the Rival.
Follow me on social media through the links below.
m3ss

Postby Sens » Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:41 pm

Been researching some what. For you, it'll depend a little on your preferences (ie grip style, weight, size, extra buttons, ambi/right handed, etc).
Highly recommended mice such as:
G302/3: great sensor (maybe the best) but has a bad shape for most people.
G402; good weight, shape, bad cord, bad software. Sensor not as good as 502. Still very good though.
G502 are great but are very heavy in weight (with additional weight options, zzz)
DA2k13 Chroma is expensive and right hand shaped
Roccat Kone Pure Military ; nice small mouse with great sensor

There still isn't a 'best mouse' yet. Logitech have the ingredients for one but choose not to, Razer will never have good enough build quality, other companies won't use as good as sensors available.
The latter sensor issue isn't too big of a deal for most people though, such that playing with Roccats KPM or a Zowie EC2(a) is very worth while - and then you just have to decide on what shape preferences you want.
In fact you'd have to go back as far as to the days of MS 1.0 / Explorer 3.0 for great sensors with a good shaped mouse, built solidly.
Sens

Postby RickJames » Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:30 pm

What's wrong with the Zowie ec1-a/ec2-a? Same sensor as the fk1, which is the same sensor as the Steelseries Rival and the Roccat Kone Pure Military (which you mentioned as having a great sensor) but without the artificially upscaled dpi of those mice (which can cause jitter/smoothing like the Rival has).

This sensor has no flaws by default, afaik, and Zowie stopped using that silly lens that they used to put over their sensors.
RickJames

Postby blade » Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:50 pm

What's your grip and budget? Hard to recommend with no information on that.

We had a big thread on this just couple months ago.. check it out! viewtopic.php?f=2&t=455

I ended up getting g402. Gets the job done for $50. G502 has better wire and slightly better sensor. Otherwise, both are very similar mice. Logitech's software might be the best on the market so definitely consider that. If you have the money, get G502. The wire is bit annoying on g402 (it is lighter mouse than 502 but wire ruins the advantage you might get from it).

Sens recommended "Roccat Kone Pure Military." That's a very good mouse too - consider it. I came close to buying the Zowie mouse, but ph34r/csn said it's one of the worst mice they have ever used. I decided to go with Logitech G402 instead since I know Logitech has the style & reputation down pat.

P.S. Stay away from Deathadder. Their clicker goes bad pretty fast.. Scroll wheel is very shoddy quality. If only it lasted more than a year without it breaking down. I went through 3 of them (2 of them they changed models calling it "improved" :roll: ), and I am done now. It goes in the trash can for life. Before that, I had a Diamondback with SAME EXACT ISSUES! Razer stole my money.

Hope. Inspire. Dream. Live.
blade

Postby SJA94 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:43 pm

I have a budget of about £100 (left over after buying a new PC and monitor, waiting for PC to be delivered), but would prefer to spend less than 50 so I can pick up a mouse mat and a few games as well.

I use a palm grip, and have had a few g400's which was the perfect shape for how I hold mice.

Thanks for the advice so far 8-)
[/color]
SJA94

Postby DREW-TANg » Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:30 pm

I went from your standard issue microsoft optical to the FK1, I've really settled into it. Feels great, apart from wishing it was just a bit larger.
DREW-TANg

Postby blade » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:00 pm

Hope. Inspire. Dream. Live.
blade

Postby Hermione » Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:13 am

Hey buddy SJ I think this mouse suits you on all levels:

You should get it!
Hermione
banned

Postby finalzje » Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:14 am

Had logitech for ~7 years, bought a deathadder 2013 and I don't want anything else anymore. \o
finalzje

Postby Sens » Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:54 am

Sens

Postby SunnY » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:25 am

if u wanna dominate like me use the razer abyyssus. lol na j/k but its prolly not the best mice but it is the first gaming mice i bought. it fits my hands perfectly. i tried the g500/400 n deathadder and both were on the bulky/heavy side. its mainly about picking one mice n sticking with it for a long time if you ask me ;)
SunnY

Postby ramdrop » Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:05 am

I have only had Razer mice and so I am a little biased.

I firstly owned a Razer Diamondback, great mouse, loved the feel until the cable came loose, caught fire and burned a hole in my desk, I picked up another and eventually, the cable became loose again. (This was back in 2006 or so).

I then carried on using my Microsoft Intelli Wireless Mouse until about mid 2008 where I purchased a Razer Copperhead (Similar shape to the DB, but a matt finish as opposed to clear seethrough), I continued to use that mouse until late 2010 when I built my new PC at which point I upgraded to a Razer Deathadder. This worked for about a year and then I think the sensor got some dust inside and starting freaking out (during iCTF.IV at GU).

I bought a Razer DA 2013 to replace it and have used the same one ever since, mouse is light, feels nice, good finger shape and mouse button and wheel still work perfectly well, I have a spare in the cupboard in case this one fails which I picked up in the Amazon sale for £25, but I don't think I will need to swap for a while.

Mouse:
Pad:
ramdrop

Postby FALLACY » Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:19 am

What I currently have and my opinions based on the experience I've had with them

I used a Death Adder for a short period of time and absolutely hated it and wouldn't recommend to anyone.

Like I said these are just my opinions of the few being listed in this thread that I own and had experience with.
FALLACY

Postby Lineage » Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:45 pm

g502 <3
Lineage

Postby Bas » Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:18 pm

i use a G500 with added weight, suits me fine. Like others though i have tried razer, i got a deathadder 2013 and although it tracks nice etc i just couldnt get used to the grip and general feel it didnt fit my hands very well. Best advice is to try them in the shop if you get the opportunity.
Bas

Postby uenz » Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:41 pm

I love the g302 even though it has a symmetrical shape. It's small and light.
Gonna upgrade to the g303 with same shape but same sensor as the 502 but it's out of stock on every store in Germany
uenz

Postby Meth » Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:49 pm

If you don't have over 50cm(20in)/360~ (they only have 1.55m/sec max tracking speed before negative accel activates) and/or use windows acceleration, there is not much that can contend with these (all the same performance, just different weight/shape) in MOST cases:

Gets 1000hz (I believe it may not be possible with Win8+) without any odd intermittent drops. Has no added bullshit that gives small amounts of latency that builds up to a noticeable amount. It's also very cheap as it was the staple office mouse all over the world so there are many sitting around, though fakes/duds still exist from china.

More than 50cm/360 and small and/or low weight mice:

Razer Abyssus (older editions) (some pads have issues with it but mine never did)
CM Spawn (some have issues with it's software)
Logitech G100s (500hz only but good) (can open up and take the 15g weight out to make it only 70g)
Zowie FK (haven't used but I have never heard more rave reviews for a mouse by twitch shooters) (apparently has increased latency when not using the default 1150 DPI and requires a dark/black pad because of sensor placement)

More than 50cm/360 and big and/or higher weight mice:

Logitech G400/G400s (what I'd use if I still had one)
Logitech G500 (never tried because it's laser, but some seem to have a preference for this)
Zowie EC1 Evo/EC2 Evo (non-Evos had some lens issues) (same shape as DA/3.0 explorer but slightly lighter)
Razer DA3.0/3.5/BE (same as the 2013, but probably ever so slight latency difference because of lack of newer bells and whistles)

Have no experience with the last year or two of mice that have come out so I have no real reference to expound on.
Meth

Postby NakedMan » Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:01 am

I switched to Zowie fk1 after my G5 broke down after years of usage , it takes a while to get used to after gaming only with a logitech with weights , but it tracks great its pretty simple all around and I recommend it highly.
NakedMan

Postby xios » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:16 pm

I've tried a lot of mice and my current favorite's are the G502 and the Mionix Avior 7000. The 502 is stupidly heavy for my tastes but it's a precise mouse and the side grip material is supurb. I like ambidextrious mice the most so that's where the Avior 7000 goes in my favor. I think the 502 uses the best sensor at the moment but both feel equally as accurate but I get more headshots on the Avior, which I think is due to the way I hold it but hard to say for sure.
xios

Postby beck » Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:13 pm

Xios recommended the Avior 7000 by Mionix. I'm in love with it and would recommend it!
beck

Return to General discussion