QuakeCon 2015 - UT Players Gathering!

Jump to: Board indexCommunityGeneral discussion

QuakeCon 2015 - UT Players Gathering!

Postby nvz » Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:42 pm

Hi all! I'm looking for a UT player that lives in the Northeastern side of the United States to go to QuakeCon this July! Next Wednesday is another round of buying tickets and selecting your own seat. #2k4ctf is gathering a bunch of UT players (mostly from the UT2k4 community) but players from all Unreal's are welcome to come and play!

http://prounreal.org/forums/viewtopic.p ... 471123fa46

Up above is the thread xios made on ProUnreal. There is the info about the group we are gathering. I live in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania and we are driving through a few states to get to Texas. Gas and hotel costs are very cheap (not including food expenses, which are fairly cheap as well). Please get a hold of me at [email protected] if you are interested in going or want more information :)

Here is a map showing the directions we are driving.
https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Mechani ... d32.800437
nvz

Re: QuakeCon 2015 - UT Players Gathering!

Postby RickJames » Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:10 pm

I've heard KillEmAll is going, which is reason enough for me to go, but I really don't want to fedex my gigantic PC again and renting doesn't seem that appealing either, so I'm on the fence.

I can confirm the event is a shit ton of fun, though, and I highly recommend it if you can find a good way to get your PC there or if you don't mind renting one (they have 144hz Asus and BenQ monitors for rent).

The hotel is really nice, and the quakecon prices on the rooms are a really good value. I say this as someone who's stayed at a ton of 5 star hotels. My room with a king size bed for $164/night was easily as nice and spacious as a $500+/night room at most hotels in NYC.

The restaurants in the hotel are amazing, the 24/7 room service is top-notch, and there are also food trucks set up outside by the BYOC with delicious hoagies and stuff.

The people are really cool. You almost feel like you're part of a big family sometimes. Tons of random gaming conversations with people in elevators, people who were willing to help me troubleshoot my pc, help me carry stuff around, etc etc

The finals tournaments (last year it was Doom 2 and quakelive duel) are always an exciting event in the big ballroom, as well

And since we now have a common interest in UT4, it should be even more fun for the people going this year.
RickJames

Postby nvz » Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:51 pm

Thanks for the pump up post, RickJames! QuakeCon is definitley an event worth going to at least once in your life if you are a dedicated pc gamer, or even a dedicated UT player. My offer is still on the table, and I would need to know by Tuesday if possible if anyone wants to catch a ride that's close to me :)
nvz

Postby blade » Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:11 am

Wow! Looks like lots of fun. Good pics ricky. You took those?

Hope. Inspire. Dream. Live.
blade

Return to General discussion