Stop using your smart phone challenge

Jump to: Board indexCommunityGeneral discussion

Stop using your smart phone challenge

Postby Sakura|FACE » Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:21 pm

Hi there,

I am eliminating my smart phones internet and will not play any games on it. I probably waste a good hour on my smart phone everyday. If you do this challenge with me you must:

1. Only use text, calls, camera, video and notepad on the phone. Treat it like a dumb phone.
2. Do not use the browser.
3. Do not play games.
4. Do not use the phone at night.
5. Do not use the phone in public spaces unless you need to.

Do these five rules for a week and you win.

OR/AND

Eliminate soft drinks from your diet.

How do you feel about smart phones today? Do you think you or others use it too much? Do you think smart phones make people dumb?

I'm doing the challenge because I use my phone for procrastination. I also think using a phones internet browser makes me impatient.
Sakura|FACE

Re: Stop using your smart phone challenge

Postby Hermione » Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:43 pm

These are some good challenges, When i went up north for vacation last summer, my phone couldn't get signal or wifi, so i definitely didn't use my smart phone for over 1 week and a half, but to be honest i didn't mind cause i usually use my phone only for text and bbm and calls, and i don't usually play games on my phone either because it kills the battery and the games are lame. So I would probably attempt the no drinking soft drinks in your diet challenge, seeing as this challenge is more beneficial to your health and other properties. I will try this starting today and will post when i have failed. LOL :lol:

I dont think using a smart phone makes people dumb, but i do think it makes them lazy and distracted from other things they could be doing in the free time, I guess most of us just use it when were really bored or waiting or chatting with someone i suppose.
Hermione
banned

Postby Sakura|FACE » Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:05 pm

Yeah I gave up Aspartame and pop. I have four cavities coming in and with my one pop a day regime, I really think that's what did me in. The dentist appointments come out of my pocket and I don't have enough to get them all filled at once. I say "pick the worst and fill it". I want to prolong my teeth before its too late. I'm 18 and I'm on track for five fillings. I can't undo what I drank in the past so after five fillings I'll start counting again. You don't stop doing unhealthy things until the bad news hits. My dad is fifty and he is already asking for dentures. You only get your teeth once. Aspartame is really bad for you anyway. Sometimes I would get headaches or stomachaches after drinking it.

Sakura|FACE

Postby Hermione » Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:16 pm

wow, how much soda did you used to drink on a daily basis before your 1 soda per day regime?
Hermione
banned

Postby d3R » Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:37 pm

d3R

Postby vitrae » Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:28 pm

i dont have smartphone. i win, thx for playing!
vitrae

Postby blackout\\ » Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:41 am

blackout\\

Postby bug » Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:20 am

bug

Postby Sakura|FACE » Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:25 pm

Diet Pop = the worst drink I consumed regarding my teeth.The acidity is bad.

Ok. I used my browser. I didn't know what 'rush' was when one of my four roommates texted me. Damn. I also need my browser today because I'm going over my friends house to bake a vegan pancake. If I can't give up my phones internet for seven days, I'd say I'm addicted. Accidentally used the browser without thinking about it.
Sakura|FACE

Postby finalzje » Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:18 pm

Need my phone daily for my internship. rip.
finalzje

Postby missiLe^ » Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:16 am

Sakura,

I had a huge problem with soda when I was in highschool actually.. it really fucked up my teeth and I have a lot of cavities also.. what helps is finding a drink to substitute the soda.. something you like the taste of but has very little to no sugar.. I recommend drinking something like Kombucha(u can get it at wholefoods).. an addiction to sugar it tough to beat but it can be done.
missiLe^

Postby PACO » Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:18 am

I read this post from my phone. I rarely drink pop. I never consume aspartame. It might be fine but I try to keep my diet as natural as possible.
PACO

Postby Blue_Armature » Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:44 am

Heh I'm pretty addicted to my phone. I just got off the PC to go to sleep and now I'm just browsing the internet in bed on my phone. But hey, at least I don't drink pop, so I got that going for me, which is nice.
Blue_Armature

Postby HUMPTY » Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:17 am

HUMPTY

Postby Hermione » Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:28 pm

Ok I don't drink pop regularly, I used to drink it a ton in high school because it was so readily available, and peer pressure and cheap. We buy pop cause its cheap and taste good, thats the root of the problem with soda, as I got older i stopped drinking soda, i drink like 1-3 cans a week, I started drinking a lot of cultural teas, coffee, and water. Coffee and tea is a bad teeth stainer but I'm pretty sure its better than soda, and way healthier. But the thing is when i drink soda nowadays, I always use a straw, so I think this greatly helps the acid from getting at my teeth to harm it. The only soda i drink anyways is cola, eg.. Coke, Pepsi. I also use one of the finest toothpastes out atm, crest pro health, its damn good, and i feel it will help my teeth in the long run. So I'm not to afraid of this soda dilemma, if i want a soda, i know how to handle and take precautions before drinking it.
Hermione
banned

Postby ramdrop » Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:38 am

I have a smartphone, use my calender to arrange meetings and work schedules and work hand in dates, also for basic texting and camera (rarely).

I had braces fitted about 7 years ago to straighten my awful teeth (that are now very straight and pearly white hehe), I had 4 teeth removed (4's - half molars) and was told that drinking fizzy drinks would stain my teeth and they'd look awful, so for 2.5 years I moved onto Flavoured water (I used to drink a 'fair' bit of fizzy drinks) and now I don't drink any fizzy drinks, I just drink either flavoured water, water itself of sugar free squash.

As far as dental problems go, my 4 wisdom teeth are through, one is slightly crooked and becoming a problem, I had to have a small filling in that one (literally impossible angle to clean effectively - top left, obtruding / at a higher angle).

If I had to do a challenge like this, it'd be the no curry challenge, sucker for a damn curry.
ramdrop

Postby Hermione » Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:51 pm

No curry challenge? Are you referring to Indian food curry or some other curry i don't know about. :lol: Cause I'm Indian and i rarely eat curry, i personally don't like it, it has to be a specific type.
Hermione
banned

Postby ramdrop » Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:30 am

ramdrop

Postby kud » Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:32 pm

life pro tips: rectal absorption of your favourite sugary drinks is a great way to avoid dreaded dentin deterioration while still enjoying that sugar-high. Try the pepsi challenge this way!
ImageImageImage
kud

Return to General discussion