Mouse Movement Issue

Jump to: Board indexCommunityGeneral discussion

Mouse Movement Issue

Postby Serenity » Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:43 am

So I've had this mouse issue for about 2 weeks now (when I installed UT again.)

I'll open up UT and the mouse will feel fine and normal, when I load a server however, I can move the mouse normally left, but whenever I move it right, it's extremely slow, sometimes moves up and feels laggy as f'.
It changes each time I open UT, sometimes it's minimally, like it's not much of a slow, sometimes it's a LOT and I've just been playing with it, putting up with it and what-not.

It's not the mouse, during the All-Star match, my G500 died during Command, so I AFK'd for 2 or so minutes, plugged in my G400 and had the exact same issue for the rest of the match.

What I've done:
- Reinstalled UT
- Reinstalled mouse drivers
- Uninstalled mouse drivers & played without any
- Changed DPI/HZ
- Tried different mice
- Tried different INI's
- Tried Direct Input
- Changed resolution, refresh rate & monitor

Not sure what causes this or what I can do. It hinders me a lot as the left/right mouse sensitivities are completely different as a result of this issue. With a new season starting, I kinda don't want this to hinder me even more. It's only in UT99 by the way.
Serenity

Re: Mouse Movement Issue

Postby jaydrade » Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:48 am

Your mouse works just fine clownboy.

serenity for $1500
Aven wins Championships ©
jaydrade

Postby Serenity » Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:50 am

Serenity

Postby Sauron » Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:59 am

Did you try reapplying a mouse accel fix? If that doesn't work, you could always reinstall windows.
Sauron

Postby Gaara » Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:42 am

What driver are you using in UT? I think it did something like that to me with D3D9. Unchecking mouse smoothing solved it I believe. Really not sure if it's the same problem though, I changed back to OpenGL since. If you're using D3D9, try changing it to Direct 3D or OpenGL.
Gaara

Postby Serenity » Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:21 pm

Serenity

Postby spydee » Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:25 pm

i had same issue and it makes no sense. if you move it slow its fine...move it fast and its slow as fuck. anyways i think i toggled directinput and changed my mouse sens to compensate and it worked fine
spydee

Postby d3R » Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:27 pm

I've had exactly the same issue every couple of months since a year orso, minimizing and then maximizing ut99 fixes it untill i closed ut99. Sometimes a windows system restore fixed the problem but last 4 times it came back after a couple of months. I reinstalled windows: the problem came back. Switched to windows 7: problem came back.

Yesterday i turned on directinput (think spydee gave that tip on irc) and noticed it was turned off again after restarting ut99, i then changed the setting in the ini and so far it seems to stay on. Thus far the problem did not re-occur so maybe spydee's tip is the golden one. However i still would like to know what causes the problem...

Edit: i saw you tried directinput, i guess the only usefull input i can give is confirming the problem and that minimizing & maximizing ut temporary fixes it. I doubt reinstalling windows will fix it for you, but you could try the system restore option.
d3R

Postby spydee » Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:46 pm

ah didn't even read the post fully loool

the only stuff i messed with was 'enhance pointer precision' in windows settings, directinput, ace highperftoggle and compatibility settings. some combination of those fixed it for me. not sure what happens behind the scenes with directinput. remove mousesmoothing in ini maybe? idk

even though i never used it, rinput might fix this problem. but its some executable i think that you need to run before loading UT and i dont know if any anticheats are going to wrongly flag that so that is up to you to try
spydee

Postby Serenity » Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:47 pm

I've tried everything mentioned so far and no luck. I'd really rather not reinstall windows but it's looking like the best solution at the moment.
Serenity

Postby Blue_Armature » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:36 pm

Have you tried using windowed mode? I suspect it might be your Windows cursor hitting the right edge of the screen and messing up input in UT. Then again, rinput should have solved that, if it was the problem...
Blue_Armature

Postby d1sc » Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:05 am

I had similar problems recently, I installed MarkC's win 7mouse fix and then enabled Direct Input in UT and it seems to work fine for me
d1sc

Postby spydee » Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:29 am

it actually happened again to me yesterday a few times. i alt tabbed (just hit the windows key actually) then when i went back in was fixed LOOOOOL. try that a few times
spydee

Postby Serenity » Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:02 pm

Nothing has worked for me so far and it's only getting worse. It's nearly unplayable.
Serenity

Postby bbz » Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:13 pm

is your mouse plugged in?
bbz

Postby fozzel » Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:24 pm

try different user.inis, different mousepad, change to single monitor mode, update nvidadriver, do a dxdiag check, remove hardware acceleration for your graficcard,
download and change mouclass in system32. in that order...
without direct-input beeing checked it is easy to tell what the problem is, as mentioned, your cursor is not centered and is hitting the right edge of your screen.
but with direct input checked there is no easy explanation for your problem.
try those things above, gl.
fozzel

Postby GaboChoOx » Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:09 am

try this command: SwapInterval=0.
GaboChoOx

Postby flowX » Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:49 pm

flowX

Postby HUMPTY » Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:22 pm

HUMPTY